ADVERTISEMENT

CVAC 2023 - Week 10

flyrod5518

Aug 5, 2019
Bandys (5-3, 2-3) at West Caldwell (0-8, 0-5)
Bunker Hill (8-0, 5-0) at Newton-Conover (3-5, 2-3)
East Burke (2-6, 0-5) vs West Lincoln (7-1, 4-1)
Lincolnton (4-4, 4-1) vs Maiden (5-3, 3-2)

Bunker Hill 5-0
Lincolnton 4-1
West Lincoln 4-1
Maiden 3-2
Bandys 2-3
Newton Conover 2-3
East Burke 0-5
West Caldwell 0-5

Standings through 44 games

eb1977 - 39
Amaidendevil - 38
BunkerHillBear12 - 37
Blueschool18 - 36
Formerdog38 - 36
Maiden Creek - 36
Lincolnton - 35
Burkeforreal - 34
TunnelSmoke -34
Devils-24 Blue - 33

Reactions: Lincolnton

Bunker Hill 5-0
Lincolnton 4-1
West Lincoln 4-1
Maiden 3-2
Bandys 2-3
Newton Conover 2-3
East Burke 0-5
West Caldwell 0-5
Bandys by 40
Bears by 20
West Lincoln by 20
Wolves by 17

Bandys, relief game with lots of bench getting in the time they usually won’t have otherwise.

The Hill, usually a good match up but ugly this year

West Lincoln- an insult to injury game, Pun intended. Not even gonna say if we do this or that then blah blah. Positive as I can be but it’s over

Lincolnton- momentum on their side beating down a crippled Cav team, oughta build on them to take on this rebuilding Devil squad. Most unpredictable game of the CVAC, oughta be game of the week if it’s not already. Now my man Lincolnton can bite his nails. No need to this past Friday

Reactions: Maiden Creek
…"Lincolnton- momentum on their side beating down a crippled Cav team, oughta build on them to take on this rebuilding Devil squad. Most unpredictable game of the CVAC, oughta be game of the week if it’s not already. Now my man Lincolnton can bite his nails. No need to this past Friday"
Excerpt from a post by Burkeforreal

My friend, I would just mention to you that Lincolnton scored once in the third quarter and once in the fourth quarter, Twenty-eight of our forty-two points were scored in the first half at which time we only led by two scores.

When the Cavaliers do beat us, whether it's sooner or later, after I congratulate you and EB, which I'm thinking you did congratulate us, I won't follow it up by saying they beat down a crippled squad no matter what physical condition our team is in.

…"Lincolnton- momentum on their side beating down a crippled Cav team, oughta build on them to take on this rebuilding Devil squad. Most unpredictable game of the CVAC, oughta be game of the week if it’s not already. Now my man Lincolnton can bite his nails. No need to this past Friday"
Excerpt from a post by Burkeforreal

My friend, I would just mention to you that Lincolnton scored once in the third quarter and once in the fourth quarter, Twenty-eight of our forty-two points were scored in the first half at which time we only led by two scores.

When the Cavaliers do beat us, whether it's sooner or later, after I congratulate you and EB, which I'm thinking you did congratulate us, I won't follow it up by saying they beat down a crippled squad no matter what physical condition our team is in.
I usually try to congratulate the winner or if I don’t I just forgot and it be understood you were the better team. When I say cripple I’m just thinking bout the already injured and the injured in the this game that a fan pointed out, I wasn’t there and the emotional crippling that might be not saying it is but might be going on in the kids minds like the wind got taken out of our sails with all that’s taken place and of course when you get down 3 to 4 scores it does something to a fella or sets of fellas. Sometimes that sparks up and they play harder also so never know. Winning seasons and greatness, Lincolnton will be back. EB has some promise and a coach they can ralley around but time will tell. Decent soph class a rising freshman star but no predictions til late summer and guys get the scoop on scrimmages but even then I’m gonna keep it reserve lol

Bunker Hill 5-0
Lincolnton 4-1
West Lincoln 4-1
Maiden 3-2
Bandys 2-3
Newton Conover 2-3
East Burke 0-5
West Caldwell 0-5
Bandys by 50
Bunker Hill by 20
West Lincoln by 16
Lincolnton by 7

TEAMCONF WCONF LCONF %OVR WOVR LOVR %
BUNKER HILL 🐻 50100.0%80100.0%
WEST LINCOLN4180.0%7187.5%
LINCOLNTON4180.0%4450.0%
MAIDEN3260.0%5362.5%
BANDYS2340.0%5362.5%
NEWTON2340.0%3537.5%
EAST BURKE050.0%2625.0%
WEST CALDWELL050.0%080.0%

TEAMPFPAAPFAPAAVG DIFF⬆️
BUNKER HILL 🐻3359541.911.930.0
WEST LINCOLN30214937.818.619.1
BANDYS28517735.622.113.5
MAIDEN24819331.024.16.9
LINCOLNTON26221332.826.66.1
NEWTON24627030.833.8-3.0
EAST BURKE19723424.629.3-4.6
WEST CALDWELL693978.649.6-41.0

BunkerHillBears 12
Thanks for the highlight. That's A.Bost, our quarterback, he's pretty elusive. I was hoping he would score on that particular run, but the official said he stepped out of bounds at the 6 yard line.
Congratulations, again, on a great season. The Bears are definitely red hot. Hope they can keep it going.

A bit of a side note, I live near the stadium, here in Lincolnton, there is a young couple who lives on this same street. I see them in their yard and say hello. The lady, there, is a Bunker Hill alumna. She cheered for them and is very proud of their success. BTW, I have trouble seeing some colors, and have wondered about the color scheme of their uniforms, so I asked her, she said they are burgundy and black.

-West Caldwell at Bandys: The Trojans come out full throttle and if someone can't slow them down by adjusting to their offense it's not going to be good. Unfortunately, I doubt if The Warriors can. Bandys by 35.

-West Lincoln at East Burke: Both teams are physical especially on the line. They both tackle hard, too. A new wrinkle in the Cavalier offense is that they pass. The Cavs had over 80 yards passing against us, and if Dellinger is back in the offense from last Friday, EB might give West Lincoln a workout. Point of interest, Coble was playing defense this past week, hope he can return to the offense, this too would cause some concern for West. WL by 10.

-Bunker Hill at Newton-Conover: The Red Devils played West Lincoln and Lincolnton close (Linc. won by a single point), and they even gave Hickory some problems, who it wouldn't surprise me to see contend for the 3A title, but in all fairness this was an early season game and a very old rivalry.
N-C can never be taken lightly and sometimes when a team is coming off of a big emotional win, like the Maiden game, in their following game the winning team can often be flat. Got a feeling, though, BH will discuss that this week, and will do what they need to in order to guard against it. Bears are just too much and win by 21.

Maiden at Lincolnton: (Flyrod's game of the week). As far as looking forward to it, I got mixed feelings. I do look forward to the competition and rivalry, and the chance for us to end a seven game slide against Maiden. The Blue Devils will be tough and play us hard, and show up here really P.O.ed, because of the drubbing they took last Friday.
So, now, it looks like three of us are vying for second place which is a new conference position for the Devils. Don't know why, but for some strange reason, I just have a feeling that instead of it being pressed that they're playing for second, they'll be told they have nothing to lose and everything to gain so leave it all on the field. A team is dangerous when they come into a game with that in mind, and besides, they are on old established program who definitely knows how to make things happen.
This year, I'm pretty sure the Wolves have what it takes to beat them if we can stay focused, reduce mistakes then still take what risks we need to, we can do it. Wolves by 6.

Side Note: AMD, if by chance we break one down the Maiden sideline, and our ball carrier/receiver gets mysteriously clotheslined, and that player, when he collect his bearings tells the officials and coach that the only thing he saw was an arm, a beard, the sky and the earth, before he realized he had done a spectacular somersault, I'm turning you in.

Side Note: The Maiden @ Lincolnton game is scheduled to be carried on WLON Radio. Kickoff is 7:30 PM. If you're in Pyongyang, North Korea, besides your ASSets being in some really, really hot water, that's 8:30 A.M. the next day.

Oh, and by the way, my picks are in bold.

Thanks for the highlights, BHB 12... J. Willis is a strong runner and will be tough for anybody to contain. It's only been a month since BH was here, and I'd forgot how they would spread the field out.

Thanks for the highlights, BHB 12... J. Willis is a strong runner and will be tough for anybody to contain. It's only been a month since BH was here, and I'd forgot how they would spread the field out.
Like i told everyone before the season we can spread the field out to either run It or throw it just so many weapons . We also have been missing our slot WR for the last 4 games

Well!… I’m happy that my Maiden boys are in the opening round of the playoffs…let’s see…who we got…well I’ll declare….it’s Lincolnton!

Yep…playoffs have already begun…it’s TIGHT!

Look at Grizz’s current projection seeds with 2 weeks to go.

Bunker Hill 5
West Lincoln 12
Maiden 19
Lincolnton 28
Bandys 29
Newton Conover 33😵‍💫

I’ll take Bandys..ain’t sure how much this win helps their RPI but I see them maintaining or moving up at the very least. I’d be shocked if they dropped.

I’ll take Bunker Hill…however, I think it’s a good one for Newton on RPI either way. Kinda like topping your shot in golf and it rolls on the green anyway. 😜Go Red Devils!

I’ll take West Lincoln…they could be destined for a rematch at Bunker Hill in the 2nd round. I hope not! We’ll see!

I’m taking Maiden in an upset!😜 and moving on to the next round!😂😂… go Wolves!

Good luck y’all! I hope we all get in!

CVAC!

Well!… I’m happy that my Maiden boys are in the opening round of the playoffs…let’s see…who we got…well I’ll declare….it’s Lincolnton!

Yep…playoffs have already begun…it’s TIGHT!

Look at Grizz’s current projection seeds with 2 weeks to go.

Bunker Hill 5
West Lincoln 12
Maiden 19
Lincolnton 28
Bandys 29
Newton Conover 33😵‍💫

I’ll take Bandys..ain’t sure how much this win helps their RPI but I see them maintaining or moving up at the very least. I’d be shocked if they dropped.

I’ll take Bunker Hill…however, I think it’s a good one for Newton on RPI either way. Kinda like topping your shot in golf and it rolls on the green anyway. 😜Go Red Devils!

I’ll take West Lincoln…they could be destined for a rematch at Bunker Hill in the 2nd round. I hope not! We’ll see!

I’m taking Maiden in an upset!😜 and moving on to the next round!😂😂… go Wolves!

Good luck y’all! I hope we all get in!

CVAC!
I have never had a topped golf shot come close to making it on the green before. You are special!

Looks like for Sr night EB will have more Sr not dressed than dress now counting 11 injures hard to believe a season like this!! Freak injures you just can’t make this season up!! if West Lincoln is smart they’ll play some of their backups unless they want to run up the score!! not even sure if Dillingers top RB is going to play!!crazy year for sure.
I knew we had some injures but GOOD GRIEF!!! 11??…11?? Well if it’s that many I’m sure the haters can understand why the seasons went the way it went for these kids and us fans. Close games and down to the last min games last year, not so close this year with practically the same kids, mostly on the sideline. My hats off to those boys that have to endure the sideline without the pads ending their careers just watching and for those backups that keep fighting.

Happens for a reason I guess

@Lincolnton don't worry I won't bring up the 2 starting linebackers we lost first of the year to torn ACL s that also includes an important RB from our rotation. Or the important offensive player who is playing through an I.T. muscle injury or other main offense player playing with ankle injury. Or the lineman who missed games with concussions. 🤣🤣🤣 this Friday when we play 🤣🤣🤣

With all this you've still won more games than we have, we haven't beat you in the last seven years, we spot other teams 14 points per game, and y'all are saying it would be "an upset". GMADB. Oh, and not to mention the reminder that our backsides are RPI'd to the cellar, no matter what.

@Lincolnton don't worry I won't bring up the 2 starting linebackers we lost first of the year to torn ACL s that also includes an important RB from our rotation. Or the important offensive player who is playing through an I.T. muscle injury or other main offense player playing with ankle injury. Or the lineman who missed games with concussions. 🤣🤣🤣 this Friday when we play 🤣🤣🤣
Since you mentioned it just now it’s been brought up. No “lol” to that cause wether it’s 1 injury or 4 or 5, that’s one injury too many. It’s part of the game, always has been. I don’t wish an injury to any player no matter how intense the game going on may be. My post was just in surprise and reacting to the injury number we have. Knew bout 5 or 6 but the 11 I had no clue. That’s a lot. I’ve never said EB would have victories and more Ws in the column if it wasn’t for the injures but it’d be some difference in the game. Thing is with us, we been hungry for any type of hope after so many down years and been a many a year that only parents and girlfriends of the players and parents of cheerleaders would be in the stands. And of course your usual kids standing around not even paying attention to the game just there to be seen and see were the party’s at and who’s house they’ll go to according to whose parents is out of town. So the hope we had was gonna be this year but it fell apart.

Some of these injuries determine wether you get any looks from that college you wanted, or getting into the military and passing the medical standards. Hate to hear bout y’all’s injuries, Best wishes on this Game of the Week with Lincolnton.

Two of the most disheartening injury cases I knew(cause I didn’t see it but heard cause I wasn’t at the game) was Zac Pollards ACL tear and Trent Hopkins broke leg. Some of y’all may have heard of or even seen both these players play. Trent was North Lincoln’s best QB ever and Zac was not only best South Caldwell RB but prob one of best or THE BEST Hickory region RB ever next to Freedoms BJ Emmons. I would say Leon Johnson as well of Freedom but he was a QB converted to RB in college, but could be wrong.

Both these young men were hurt in games that were already decided. West Caldwell and Bessemer City. Both had looks from I’d say big schools or some SOCON schools anyway and once they were hurt like they were the stocks went down. Trent never played in college. He sure helped take the Maiden game vs North back in 06’ down to the wire.

Try losing 3 Rb and maybe a four then check you progress!! And it not because they did not hit the weight room all summer but JV team has no injuries go figure that out!!

I knew we had some injures but GOOD GRIEF!!! 11??…11?? Well if it’s that many I’m sure the haters can understand why the seasons went the way it went for these kids and us fans. Close games and down to the last min games last year, not so close this year with practically the same kids, mostly on the sideline. My hats off to those boys that have to endure the sideline without the pads ending their careers just watching and for those backups that keep fighting.

Happens for a reason I guess
Give or take a few of those are only playing D instead of offense and not at full strength and a couple has came back after a few games but the RB injuries is what hurts!! the most when the season started we had 5 RB now down to one. now they moved up JV RB to help JV team hanging on after 5 moved up as of the last two games we will be back!!

Give or take a few of those are only playing D instead of offense and not at full strength and a couple has came back after a few games but the RB injuries is what hurts!! the most when the season started we had 5 RB now down to one. now they moved up JV RB to help JV team hanging on after 5 moved up as of the last two games we will be back!!

ok we will stop talking about our bad luck season. you guys enjoy your success this year hope we do good as a conference in the play-off's no one and done for sure!!

Reactions: Burkeforreal
I’m hoping the best for any CVAC school to succeed in playoffs. ALOT will be in 1st round. Now we can rant and rave and predict which one will have the most success and go the deepest and why.. Of course most people’s pick would be BH.

I guess I’ll be hitting the Draughn games since they are old EB, close and having success and we’re my boys will go. Last year of success for a good while lol. 3rd round this year if they’re real lucky.

The CVAC board has been hijacked. It is now the "woe is me" forum of complaints, excuses, and the redundancy of each loss per week. Whether you are young, hurt, injured, raining, etc., those are still excuses. Also, when did football not except playing in the elements? Rain is a part of the game and should not warrant moving to a different night. However, we do live in a different generation of excuse-making (seen on the forum) and softness (moving games to avoid getting wet). I get it as injuries are an unfortunate part of the game and most likely will ruin a kids season, especially if they are a senior. No one wants to see that happen to anyone or any team. However, I don't think saying the same "reason" for a loss each week is necessary. Best of luck to the teams this week, and as always, stay healthy.

The CVAC board has been hijacked. It is now the "woe is me" forum of complaints, excuses, and the redundancy of each loss per week. Whether you are young, hurt, injured, raining, etc., those are still excuses. Also, when did football not except playing in the elements? Rain is a part of the game and should not warrant moving to a different night. However, we do live in a different generation of excuse-making (seen on the forum) and softness (moving games to avoid getting wet). I get it as injuries are an unfortunate part of the game and most likely will ruin a kids season, especially if they are a senior. No one wants to see that happen to anyone or any team. However, I don't think saying the same "reason" for a loss each week is necessary. Best of luck to the teams this week, and as always, stay healthy.
Yes the wine and cheese generation!!

I try to avoid any resemblance of a woe is me approach when posting. If there’s hurt kids there’s hurt kids. Seems to been the most cases of it at EB unfortunately for us but life happens.

I’ve never seen or heard were the whole original depth chart of RB was gone from a team til this years EB. Had it happened anywhere else I dunno, that’s why we got forums for inside input to go along with the junk talk and rant and raves

I try to avoid any resemblance of a woe is me approach when posting. If there’s hurt kids there’s hurt kids. Seems to been the most cases of it at EB unfortunately for us but life happens.

I’ve never seen or heard were the whole original depth chart of RB was gone from a team til this years EB. Had it happened anywhere else I dunno, that’s why we got forums for inside input to go along with the junk talk and rant and raves
The reason you change the offense most of those kids running the ball not built to run it 30 times a game

The reason you change the offense most of those kids running the ball not built to run it 30 times a game
Ehh good point LOL We do have a QB now that’s young and is developing so that may change some. Get us a kicker too and we may be more ok. Not predicting anything yet though. EB soccer has been terrible for years so not sure when we will have something in the kicking game. But it does take good holders and snappers too. Not saying we lack that it’s saying it takes a whole well oiled machine movement to make the whole XP successful

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT