ADVERTISEMENT

CVAC 2023 - Week 10

Concerning one of the Maiden Coaches: To me, our (Lincolnton) coaching staff is great as were the staffs before them, but on this post I would like to say something about one of the Maiden Assistant Coaches. I've known this guy for a few years, now, and to me he is the the finest of people. He has an analytical mind, but understands the effects and gains of basic and time honored principles. Even more so, this coach is fair, honest and would serve as a role model for young people, and as a guide to a successful future for them. He is also an inspiration to old people like me. I'm not going to say his name because he has a sense of modesty, but if you're around him you'll recognize him by his character. Happy I got to talk with you last night. All the best to you, coach.

But now the games over with my PET PUPS can go frolic and play the rest of the season. Until your devil Master calls upon y'all next time 😈🔱🐶

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Lincolnton
I hadn’t been to Lincolnton in about 8-10 years thought field was beautiful but the lighting felt dark then again maybe it was the shivering but I couldn’t see the ball lol

Also when did Lincolnton go from a more yellow and black helmet to a more gold and black ( I liked those helmets )

For all the hard time we give East Burke people, the East Burke coach's wife deserves some credit and recognition I just saw that she's donating her kidney to a man in need in mountain view.
She and her husband are definitely Godly people
For all the hard time we give East Burke people, the East Burke coach's wife deserves some credit and recognition I just saw that she's donating her kidney to a man in need in mountain view.
Godly family that has influenced the community in such a way that we’d never want him to leave. 2 wins but there’s a lot that’s beyond his control.

I hadn’t been to Lincolnton in about 8-10 years thought field was beautiful but the lighting felt dark then again maybe it was the shivering but I couldn’t see the ball lol

Also when did Lincolnton go from a more yellow and black helmet to a more gold and black ( I liked those helmets )
I feel like the pine trees surrounding the stadium makes it feel dark and helps funnel a cold wind into the stadium. And definitely don't feel like it's elderly friendly steep stairs and bleachers whenever ever @Lincolnton gets old they may have to assist him at the stadium 😂🤣😂🤣

Concerning one of the Maiden Coaches: To me, our (Lincolnton) coaching staff is great as were the staffs before them, but on this post I would like to say something about one of the Maiden Assistant Coaches. I've known this guy for a few years, now, and to me he is the the finest of people. He has an analytical mind, but understands the effects and gains of basic and time honored principles. Even more so, this coach is fair, honest and would serve as a role model for young people, and as a guide to a successful future for them. He is also an inspiration to old people like me. I'm not going to say his name because he has a sense of modesty, but if you're around him you'll recognize him by his character. Happy I got to talk with you last night. All the best to you, coach.
I couldn’t agree more @Lincolnton, I know exactly who you are talking about! I’ve known him for a long time and he does possess all those fine qualities and more. I feel very blessed to know him and Maiden is definitely blessed to have him as a coach and mentor! You are also correct that his analytical mind knows more about football and tradition than most. Watching him coach is to see the man in his element!

I’ve heard LEDs are in the near future for the whole county. The lighting has weakened a little, but so have my eyes.

But nail the games over with my PET PUPS can go frolic and play the rest of the season. Until your devil Master calls upon y'all next time 😈🔱🐶
Well, anyway, it's good to see you up and crowing. Like me, you hate to lose, but you get plumb down and it's hard to get you back up before the devils next win.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
The color of the helmets now are the original school color, black and gold. It's not a Shelby gold but more of a yellow/gold as best as I can describe it. The first time I noticed the yellow helmets here was in the late 80's or early 90's.

Last edited:
I couldn’t agree more @Lincolnton, I know exactly who you are talking about! I’ve known him for a long time and he does possess all those fine qualities and more. I feel very blessed to know him and Maiden is definitely blessed to have him as a coach and mentor! You are also correct that his analytical mind knows more about football and tradition than most. Watching him coach is to see the man in his element!
BlueSchool18, thanks for the comment.

Seem like I first noticed the yellow helmets, here, in the late 80's or early 90's. Lincolnton and Kings Mountain's version of gold is more of a yellow/gold as best as I could describe it. In the 60's either Thursday's or Fridays (not sure) was black and gold day at LHS, and you wore those colors in that day. If you didn't, sometimes, the seniors would punch you (in a light hearted way, even though if felt like it had broke your shoulder) for not doing it. It surprised me anyone would notice, but Shelby Lion must have a keen sense for specifics. Probably gets it from the field of work he is in. Sorry for rambling on.
I thought the field and the helmets were a good Lincolnton look. Hickory's colors are garnet and gold and we have a hard time from coach to coach to get the same gold color. Currently the gold is minimized except for the giant gold tornado at mid filed of our stadium and we're the Red Tornadoes.

Last edited:
I feel like the pine trees surrounding the stadium makes it feel dark and helps funnel a cold wind into the stadium. And definitely don't feel like it's elderly friendly steep stairs and bleachers whenever ever @Lincolnton gets old they may have to assist him at the stadium 😂🤣😂🤣
Now, look what your doing, talking about pine trees, cold weather and old heads and such. I get it, it's a dig at our stadium and me. For your information, I walked up the step of both sides, from bottom to top, last night, and I'm not in the nursing home yet.

I thought the filed and the helmets were a good Lincolnton look. Hickory's colors are garnet and gold and we have a hard time from coach to coach to get the same gold color. Currently the gold is minimized except for the giant gold tornado at mid filed of our stadium and we're the Red Tornadoes.
Thank you my friend. Those current white helmets look very natty. I like them. Before this year is over a lot of fan are going to be noticing the particulars of the Red Tornadoes, and mainly how their season was ended by them. Football is definitely back in Hickory.

Congratulations to the Blue Devils on a hard fought victory over my Wolves. This game was one of the better high school football games I have ever witnessed with both teams leaving it all on the field. Losing is never easy and it is even tougher in a close game, especially against the Blue Devils. Now the Wolves must regroup and get prepared for a really good West Lincoln team.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT