ADVERTISEMENT

CVAC 2023 - Week 10

So basically EB had a lot of Soph and Jrs playing past 2 games cause of injuries? Crazy to think they had guys running the ball that wasn’t even on the RB depth chart originally.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Maiden 37 Lincolnton 34 in overtime: It was a great game and a painful loss for us Wolves. If anyone wanted to enjoy football this was the place to be. To sum things up, the Blue Devils came in ready to play, and frankly, we made a good effort, too. Both teams were able to run and to pass. We couldn't stop the devils in the first half and they struggled to stop us.
The teams adjusted and turned it into a defensive game with little scoring in the second half.
We had the ball in overtime and was stopped just short of the goal line. We held on but Maiden was successful on a field to put the game away.
For me, I passionately hate losing but have to say that games like this are what makes football a great sport.
Congratulations to the Blue Devils and thanks to our team and staff.

Side Note: It is always good to see friends and tonight I got to chat for a moment with GrizzlyDevil (What a horse of a man he is. I think he's even grown taller). Then, I got to see Maiden Creek and AMD (You should see him, AMD, now, he's back to his playing weight and looking sharp). I even got to talk with the Lion King, Shelby Lion. It was really good to see all of you. Thanks for coming, friends.

Side Note: Cheerduck came down from Hickory, but I didn't get to see him. Sorry, my friend. Hope to see you at a Hickory game, this year.

Congrats, again, to all my Maiden friends. What a difference a week makes.

Maiden 37 Lincolnton 34 in overtime: It was a great game and a painful loss for us Wolves. If anyone wanted to enjoy football this was the place to be. To sum things up, the Blue Devils came in ready to play, and frankly, we made a good effort, too. Both teams were able to run and to pass. We couldn't stop the devils in the first half and they struggled to stop us.
The teams adjusted and turned it into a defensive game with little scoring in the second half.
We had the ball in overtime and was stopped just short of the goal line. We held on but Maiden was successful on a field to put the game away.
For me, I passionately hate losing but have to say that games like this are what makes football a great sport.

Side Note: It is always good to see friends and tonight I got to chat for a moment with GrizzlyDevil (What a horse of a man he is. I think he's even grown taller). Then, I got to see Maiden Creek and AMD (You should see him, AMD, now, he's back to his playing weight and looking sharp). I even got to talk with the Lion King, Shelby Lion. It was really good to see all of you. Thanks for coming, friends.

Side Note: Cheerduck came down from Hickory, but I didn't get to see him. Sorry, my friend. Hope to see you at a Hickory game, this year.

That's the problem with youth you never know what you're going to get week to week. Think one of your fans was really upset after the game. A lot of malicious accusations 😂😂😂

Reactions: Lincolnton
Couple thoughts from an old idiot from Shelby on what I saw for the few minutes I was there before i left about to freeze to death at the half

Lincolnton: Bost is one heck of a QB, and that 20 can run the rock.... I dug seeing a little straight tee out of them on short yardage situations.... QB is lighting fast 55 on Dline was very good

Maiden: That QB Stover is one heck of an athlete as well..... 52 on Defense is an absolute stud....

Track meet first half,now I am absolutely disgusted I was a pansy and left... I vastly under-rated what clothing items one would need at that horrific creek... HA HA

Maiden Creek and Lincolnton are just true gentlemen... Emjoyed spending a few moments with these gents... A few folks from West Lincoln were there and they were great to talk too as well

Congrats Maiden on a big win....

I guess AMD And that cat from Bunker HIll was too scared to meet Old Shelby Lion, well actually once I was seated wasnt no way I was moving,, cause that walk up the bleachers liked to have killed this old man... HA HA HA HA

Sorry to miss seeing you fellows. I thoroughly enjoyed the game and was entertained. Bost and Stover are tremendous running from the QB position. I thought both teams blew chances to win the game in regulation, but that's why they play the game. Creek advised me at halftime that Shelby "I'm cold" Lion left to go home. How many times have you been to Lincolnton and sat on that side with the creek? Lincolnton, the wife and I saw you as we made the exit, but the crowd was heading out and her feet were cold. We beat the traffic and tried to listen to WLON and their postgame. That was God awful.......only one fellows microphone was working and he wasn't play by play man, so it was God awful....I hope Lanny Ford gets to listen to that over and over , but better yet corrects it.
Good win for Maiden and a tough one for Lincolnton. Bothe teams played hard and left it all on the field.

Couple thoughts from an old idiot from Shelby on what I saw for the few minutes I was there before i left about to freeze to death at the half

Lincolnton: Bost is one heck of a QB, and that 20 can run the rock.... I dug seeing a little straight tee out of them on short yardage situations.... QB is lighting fast 55 on Dline was very good

Maiden: That QB Stover is one heck of an athlete as well..... 52 on Defense is an absolute stud....

Track meet first half,now I am absolutely disgusted I was a pansy and left... I vastly under-rated what clothing items one would need at that horrific creek... HA HA

Maiden Creek and Lincolnton are just true gentlemen... Emjoyed spending a few moments with these gents... A few folks from West Lincoln were there and they were great to talk too as well

Congrats Maiden on a big win....

I guess AMD And that cat from Bunker HIll was too scared to meet Old Shelby Lion, well actually once I was seated wasnt no way I was moving,, cause that walk up the bleachers liked to have killed this old man... HA HA HA HA
Lol I was in the end zone I was gonna try to catch ya after the game but see u ran south to warmer weather and consider yourself lucky u didn't have to deal with atrocious Bunker Hill fans

"Lincolnton: Bost is one heck of a QB, and that 20 can run the rock.... I dug seeing a little straight tee out of them on short yardage situations.... QB is lighting fast 55 on Dline was very good"
Excerpt by Shelby Lion

Shelby Lion, The Wolves picked that up (The straight T offense in the red zone) years ago, and I'm thinking like it came from Shelby.
Remember seeing the Golden Lions use it in the red zone. Probably was Coach J. Taylor or maybe Coach Norman.

What a game, what a game! This is why we all love high school football so much! I knew this was going to be a great matchup and WOW. Blue started hot with a 7 minute drive that ended with a blocked field goal returned for a touchdown. But we bounced back and it was back and forth all night. How many 3rd and longs did Lincolnton convert? And so much team speed, Lincolnton is very good! Haha, I hope they win next week!
37 34 overtime victory for Maiden! GREAT WIN FOR MY BLUE DEVILS! Onto next week when another rival comes to ”THE BIGGEST LITTLE FOOTBALL TOWN IN THE WORLD”!
GO BIG BLUE!!!

So basically EB had a lot of Soph and Jrs playing past 2 games cause of injuries? Crazy to think they had guys running the ball that wasn’t even on the RB depth chart originally.
We will be back our luck has got to change to think we have had chances to win the last part of this season with a half of a lineup! But don’t pity us we will be back full strength next year!!
Misdirection!!! And they run the offense to the T. I can see you clearly don’t know football tbh
Sounds like you know everything! name another way to run left right and up the middle!!we had enough points to win games just could not stop teams on defense see you next year!!

From my understanding They run that offense from rec league to high school so it's 2nd nature to the kids by high school eat sleep and crap it.
Misdirection!!! And they run the offense to the T. I can see you clearly don’t know football tbh
We will be back our luck has got to change to think we have had chances to win the last part of this season with a half of a lineup! But don’t pity us we will be back full strength next year!!

Sounds like you know everything! name another way to run left right and up the middle!!we had enough points to win games just could not stop teams on defense see you next year!!

OK guys let's just agree to disagree everybody has their great times and bad times Peace out See you guys next year with a better luck season I hope!

What a game, what a game! This is why we all love high school football so much! I knew this was going to be a great matchup and WOW. Blue started hot with a 7 minute drive that ended with a blocked field goal returned for a touchdown. But we bounced back and it was back and forth all night. How many 3rd and longs did Lincolnton convert? And so much team speed, Lincolnton is very good! Haha, I hope they win next week!
37 34 overtime victory for Maiden! GREAT WIN FOR MY BLUE DEVILS! Onto next week when another rival comes to ”THE BIGGEST LITTLE FOOTBALL TOWN IN THE WORLD”!
GO BIG BLUE!!!
Really nice win for the Blue Devils, especially coming on the heels of last week's disaster vs. BH. Now, a win over our rivals Newton AND Conover, and a 7-3 regular season finish would be a nice accomplishment for a young team in a rebuilding season. Not sure what the current streak is against N-C, but Maiden leads the series 31-21-1 since the two schools started playing on an annual basis in 1973 as members of the SD-7. The series was once tied at 20-20-1 following a six game N-C winning streak, so Maiden has won 11 of the last 12. N-C has won two of the three playoff games included in those 53 games played. Like the Lincolnton game, game # 54 against N-C will probably be yet another high scoring nail-biter.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT