ADVERTISEMENT

CVAC 2023 - Week 10

And yeah I was gonna say too, there’s teams that just run the ball just cause they can such as Mt Airy and Tarboro etc.

I was at Mallard Creek a decade ago watching them play Butler. Not only did they just run the ball, it looked like they ran THE SAME PLAY. MC was just so good and fast and big it didn’t even matter Butler couldn’t stop it. Left 3rd quarter cause it wasn’t even close

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Alittle off subject but just because this school sits right in the middle of lot of us in the CVAC area is anyone noticing Hickory??

Undefeated, hitting on all cylinders, what has this team got this year? Are they not really playing anybody or will they make some noise in the playoffs or be done quick cause they don’t really play anybody? Good to see them doing what they shoulda been doing for years but I doubt they’re any resemblance of 1996. A Cheerduck question since he sees CVAC posts I guess.

3A post yes but prob won’t get the feedback bout them on that that we would here. Won’t need to know much just a few hits and then on to CVAC matters. No need to start a whole new thread over it but that’s just me..

JV QB is gonna be amazing for hickory family has maiden ties
Alittle off subject but just because this school sits right in the middle of lot of us in the CVAC area is anyone noticing Hickory??

Undefeated, hitting on all cylinders, what has this team got this year? Are they not really playing anybody or will they make some noise in the playoffs or be done quick cause they don’t really play anybody? Good to see them doing what they shoulda been doing for years but I doubt they’re any resemblance of 1996. A Cheerduck question since he sees CVAC posts I guess.

3A post yes but prob won’t get the feedback bout them on that that we would here. Won’t need to know much just a few hits and then on to CVAC matters. No need to start a whole new thread over it but that’s just me..

With all this you've still won more games than we have, we haven't beat you in the last seven years, we spot other teams 14 points per game, and y'all are saying it would be "an upset". GMADB. Oh, and not to mention the reminder that our backsides are RPI'd to the cellar, no matter what.
Hey Lincolnton…y’all got any good places to eat over there?…for sayyy….someone who has a sensitive palate?

Asking for a friend. 😂

JV QB is gonna be amazing for hickory family has maiden ties
Maiden ties is all good. Hickory JV teams stomping em good too. I just got to looking at their schedule alittle, I’ve seen it before but looked back for review, seems they are tough, got some athletes, and are well coached and have well rounded play making going on and play calling. And basically tougher kids than the competition for around here that they are up against.

My guess is 2nd round, maybe 3rd. Just looking at the scores alone from games played unless they let off the gas early in some of those games, they seemed to let teams hit some TDs here and there which I’d call suspect when getting ready to face some of the schools that’s out there that they’ll face in 3 weeks and on. NW Cabarrus, West Charlotte, Robinson, just to name a few.

We’ll see how it goes down. And ehhh yeah they ain’t 1996 caliber, just looking at those scores. 96’ they threw down in the reg season. Only game that you’d even consider close was the nonconference Freedom game and I believe Bervard. Past that they were all slaughters

Hey Lincolnton…y’all got any good places to eat over there?…for sayyy….someone who has a sensitive palate?

Asking for a friend. 😂
Yes, my friend, there is a place at the corner of E. Water St. & S. Court Square called local roots and Provisions. It is a bit costly, e.g. most steaks are in the thirty dollar range, filet around thirty-five, Rainbow Trout about twenty-five and pan seared salmon, maybe twenty. As far as sides they have several and the prices are nominal (between five and ten dollars), Cucumber & Watermelon salad is somewhere around five dollars, or if you're feeling close to the earth and wanting to reach back they offer collard green (bacon, turnips, onions and pot liquor is an extra three dollars). And their "drinks" aren't bad. On Friday evenings they have a pretty good crowd, but parking is ample and you're only blocks from the stadium. If you're wanting something a little more budget-minded and maybe quicker, there is Court Street Grille and Zhays, both are good, and all are around the old Court House.

Should you change your mind or are running behind time, between N. Generals Boulevard and Buffalo Shoals Road, all on East Main St., within a range of six stoplights, there are 20 (I've recently counted them), fast-Food restaurants, and all of them are decent. Home cooking must be a lost art.

Day before a game the chat is pretty dead 👀
The reason for that is last week's game at Bunker Hill deflated AMD and he hasn't been on here as usual, stirring things up. If his devils would've won he'd be on here crowing like a big Dominique (Dominecker) rooster, and telling me that fire and brimstone was going to rain down on us and that we are going to hell and such.

The reason for that is last week's game at Bunker Hill deflated AMD and he hasn't been on here as usual, stirring things up. If his devils would've won he'd be on here crowing like a big Dominique (Dominecker) rooster, and telling me that fire and brimstone was going to rain down on us and that we are going to hell and such.
Don't forget y'all sick pitiful wolf pup howl that sounds like it dying every time it yelps

Oh I know beat them to a pulp 5 days later still
Haven’t recovered

Lol we've only played them once wouldn't use always. But they are pretty much a freshman college team with the players they brought in this year from other schools. They probably now have 6 top div 1 players on team this year after new players came in.
Yours is not the only team around here that has played them, and even if what you say they have is correct I still wouldn't write off teams from this area.

Maiden ties is all good. Hickory JV teams stomping em good too. I just got to looking at their schedule alittle, I’ve seen it before but looked back for review, seems they are tough, got some athletes, and are well coached and have well rounded play making going on and play calling. And basically tougher kids than the competition for around here that they are up against.

My guess is 2nd round, maybe 3rd. Just looking at the scores alone from games played unless they let off the gas early in some of those games, they seemed to let teams hit some TDs here and there which I’d call suspect when getting ready to face some of the schools that’s out there that they’ll face in 3 weeks and on. NW Cabarrus, West Charlotte, Robinson, just to name a few.

We’ll see how it goes down. And ehhh yeah they ain’t 1996 caliber, just looking at those scores. 96’ they threw down in the reg season. Only game that you’d even consider close was the nonconference Freedom game and I believe Bervard. Past that they were all slaughters
The Red Tornadoes are for real and will put some points on most teams they play. The last few weeks the competition has not been like the first five games we played. The first defensive unit has only given up 6 touchdowns on the year and Coach Glass lets his 2nd unit boys play when the game gets out of hand for needed experience. Offensively the Red Tornadoes are loaded at the skill positions and the QB spreads the ball around very well. The 3A West playoffs are going to be tough on anyone that makes it past the 1st round.

Last edited:
JV score in OT west Lincoln 28 EB 26 75 yard punt return called back for a questionable block in the back!!But these kids don't quit!!
That’s starting to be a trend for us. Pick 6s and fumble recovery touchdowns called back LOL. I hadn’t seen one JV game in a really good while prob 11 or 12 years I might catch one with this EB group before it’s over. Watauga and South Caldwell had 2 undefeated JV teams toward end of season and there was a Friday night looking crowd at that game so I went and saw that. Back when I was really hitting the good games and I had no kids yet lol. And South Caldwell was actually good and on a roll. Watauga was starting to get good around that time and slowly starting that reign of terror that they been having for some years now.

Sounds like we got something special in these EB jvs and have a good 2 years to look forward to. Not saying conf champs or a team that might beat Maiden for the 1st time since Shatley suited up against em (2007) but still, some sort of hope. But of course we’re losing some players of the form that we will never see again this year as well. All this mess in the world now and in Israel I just wonder if we will still even see some ball in years to come. Not trying to sound depressing but it is concerning.

The Red Tornadoes are for real and will put some points on most teams they play. The last few weeks the competition has not been like the first five games we played. The first defensive unit has only given up 6 touchdowns on the year and Coach Glass let his 2nd unit boys play when the game gets out of hand for needed experience. Offensively the Red Tornadoes are loaded at the skill positions and the QB spreads the ball around very well. The 3A West playoffs are going to be tough on anyone that makes it past the 1st round.
Those Hickory boys will definitely be cheered on and supported by CVACers as they roll into the playoffs in 3A. I’d imagine they’d have a high seed and play some Joe shmoe team that barely gets in, beats them then no telling who will be next. A lot of other undefeated 3As out there like Crest, and KM too. Gonna be interesting. Expecting a home field game against Crest or KM maybe in 2nd round cause one of them has to lose. Possibility but we’ll know more soon.

That’s starting to be a trend for us. Pick 6s and fumble recovery touchdowns called back LOL. I hadn’t seen one JV game in a really good while prob 11 or 12 years I might catch one with this EB group before it’s over. Watauga and South Caldwell had 2 undefeated JV teams toward end of season and there was a Friday night looking crowd at that game so I went and saw that. Back when I was really hitting the good games and I had no kids yet lol. And South Caldwell was actually good and on a roll. Watauga was starting to get good around that time and slowly starting that reign of terror that they been having for some years now.

Sounds like we got something special in these EB jvs and have a good 2 years to look forward to. Not saying conf champs or a team that might beat Maiden for the 1st time since Shatley suited up against em (2007) but still, some sort of hope. But of course we’re losing some players of the form that we will never see again this year as well. All this mess in the world now and in Israel I just wonder if we will still even see some ball in years to come. Not trying to sound depressing but it is concerning.

They don't quit. Tough bunch something to build on for sure!! With moving up 5 to varsity they are still playing tough with win next week they can finish with 6 wins!!

Last edited:
Everyone is banged up at this time of the year. Some more than others but no one is 100%.
We the most banged up ever lol. Didn’t take a paragraph for that one. Hickory, Draughn, BH, even Lincolnton- good playoff action coming while the Cavs look on and regroup. Up next for us is girls basketball. The men hadn’t been hitting on much.

Now West Caldwell can feel like somebody in 2 weeks. LOL. Crazy how they used to have something every season in the money sports back in the day

Last edited:
I must admit, I am rather surprised at the lack of chatter regarding our showdown with the Blue Devils tomorrow night. Both teams need a victory and my Wolves have suffered defeat to the Devils the last 7 years. We started off slow but it looks like the Wolves are starting to find a rhythm, and some confidence. As Beamer stated above, everyone is banged up this time of the year and that certainly could give us some issues since we are rather thin but looks like we have had the “next man up” mentality the past two contests. Anyways, tomorrow night should be another classic to add to the rivalry. Go Wolves!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT