ADVERTISEMENT

Chase @Shelby

On that INT I was watching on my phone. That Chase receiver was WIDE open and had over 15 yards of separation. By time the QB realized it and passed the ball Shelby already closed in. That was the game winner and he just didn’t see it soon enough. I say Game winner but in 4 min you could have had 3 scores the way the game went.

Both Arrington brothers were out both play D in sec. And Tyler is no.1 rec.
Don't matter though should be next man up.
Chase has a fine football team, some good Athletes.
I've always said they get right coaches in there.
Hats of to our boys for bowing up when it mattered.

Reactions: notanyonesfan
Let's be real for min... Chase has nice football team, but they choked when it counted, there not use to being in game like that, Shelby kept comming

Reactions: notanyonesfan
Frank , I think your right, Chase has alot of athletes and played with nothing to lose, Shelby has pretty young team, new Defense coordinator, and are soph LB in middle.
We be ok, they got to keep trying to get better

Need to drop that 3-4, we have tons of D linemen but hardly any LB's. Go back to what won 6 state titles and plays to our strength this year the 4-3. Our DE's from last year are now playing LB and just look lost. Defense laying back and trying to read what the offense is doing. That D line is big and quick, go get em and make them adjust to us. The offense looked pretty good this week. Looks like we found a passing game in the second half. Receivers did a much better job of getting open. Huitt dropped a few dimes in too. Big O is a beast.

Wow......thanks for the updates SL......the well coached boys from 6 points came to play. How does Chase go from 0 pts to 41. This game next week is gonna be interesting.

Burns shuts chase out and shelby gives up 41.....things that make you go hmmmmm. I would surmise that's the most points ever for chase againt a CC foe.

So, questain is can Burns score 41 next week, Shelby has the offense 48, 38, 47 in 3 games
So far gave up 6, 24, 41.
What u think?

So, questain is can Burns score 41 next week, Shelby has the offense 48, 38, 47 in 3 games
So far gave up 6, 24, 41.
What u think?
I think your DC will make enough adjustments that we won't put up 41 .....its gonna be a good one . Come on up and get you a some jans chicken before the game good buddy.

I talked to David last night, asked how many tickets visitor side getting he said 200,
I'm sure I'll get mine,inside source in coaches been getting mine.
I'd love to come eat, but me and wife feed team next week, so time we get done cleaning etc, prob want get there till bout kick off

Next weeks game will have nothing to do with tonight or last week. What we did to stop Chase vs what Chase did to Shelby is meaningless. Chase put up 0 against Burns. Burns put up 14. Shelby allowed 41 but put up 47. It’s all about matchups but the emotions in a county game creates a different dynamic. Burns has to continue playing solid defense but we have to move the ball. Next will be be interesting for both sides.

Hope Burns gives them Lions all they can handle. I hope Chase goes for state.

Don't panic. We'll adjust. This is still a talented team! Shout out to chase, I thought this would be a blow out, boy was I wrong!

I will admit I was concerned at halftime.The Lions were dominated by on both sides of the ball.The second half was a different story as Huitt settled down and lead the offense to a big second half.The defense also settled down and except for a couple big plays played a lot better. One postive for me was Shelby was playing a lot of 9th and 10th graders who were making plays. A couple 9th graders are going to be studs.

Hey let's be real Shelby could lose a game, this is a very talented team, but very young too, all new Rec. That didn't play any 7-7 which no teams did. But still alot of new parts.
The coaching staff is good, they need to really buckle down and get a few things shored up quick.y.
Again we get going here, this is a weird season
I have faith in players and coaches.

Last night was a scare. For the Love of God can we not cover a kick off. Can we not run a 3-4 when we have more Dline man than LBs and please could we actually use the weights in the weight room? I mean who is our strength and conditioning coach? We 9/10 have more athletes than anyone we play but the opposing team is stronger and we end up with games like this. Everybody is the same size!!! I have been a fan coming to games, traveling for games since mid 80s and can only remember a handful of times were it looked like our boys actually lift a finger the weight room. We won but i seen no discipline from our guys tonight. Now that I’m done ranting. Way to finish strong and move on to the next

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT