ADVERTISEMENT

Shelby at East Gaston.!!!

Between Burns and Shelby there have been about 15 offsides penalties in a week. We did it bad last week and tonight vs Cherryville we did as well in the first half.

If Im East (which its too late now) but they haven;t been been able to run the ball all night

Id throw it every single play because we are giving the receivers 8-10 yards every single time...Brings me back to 1988

East turns it over on downs Shelby 1st down our 21

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Congrats to Shelby. Too much speed for us. We have 2 weeks to get healthy before the playoffs start. I counted 5 starters out for us before the game started, we lost 2 more in the 1st half....geez
They've come such a long way in just a few short years.... Coach Postell (is that spelled right) is bringing a nice culture down there.... Best of luck to your warriors next week and on into the playoffs

They've come such a long way in just a few short years.... Coach Postell (is that spelled right) is bringing a nice culture down there.... Best of luck to your warriors next week and on into the playoffs
EG has the same issue Burns does. Depth.
To have that many out from last week to this week is awful. It definitely changes their strength but hopefully they can cause some hell come playoff time. QB is as tough as it gets.

EG has the same issue Burns does. Depth.
To have that many out from last week to this week is awful. It definitely changes their strength but hopefully they can cause some hell come playoff time. QB is as tough as it gets.
Shelby’s run defense is much better than Burns’ run defense, regardless. You guys only have the edge at quarterback.

Yeah, I peeped that, too, this underlying narrative that Shelby was only dominant, because of the injuries. I’m sure we all peeped it.
Not sure if that reference was for EGfan or myself but there was no narrative on my end. I hate it for EG legitimately because they have worked pretty hard to be the only other team in our conference to give us some kind of fight and last week they proved it. I think Burns offense played better against them but Shelby’s defense clearly played better. Actually dominant. What does that mean for next week? Not a damn thing. 😂

Not sure if that reference was for EGfan or myself but there was no narrative on my end. I hate it for EG legitimately because they have worked pretty hard to be the only other team in our conference to give us some kind of fight and last week they proved it. I think Burns offense played better against them but Shelby’s defense clearly played better. Actually dominant. What does that mean for next week? Not a damn thing. 😂
Same here 02. I meant no disrespect for anyone. Shelby wins regardless, just wish EG would have been healthy for the game. Looking forward to next week. Unfortunately for me, I will be out of town but I'll be glued to YouTube.

1 starter out. 5 starters out. Would not have mattered 1 bit
I agree completely as far as the outcome. I said it on here that Shelby will win and EG will not quit. Both of those things happened. If EG had 7 starters out like EGFan said it makes a huge difference on how they competed last night and in the playoffs.

At the beginning of the game the announcers mentioned four out

2 WR a NG and someone else … it went from 4 to 7 somehow since the time I heard that. Big 77 went out early but came back and played rest of game and I think maybe another kid went out but not sure if he came back

Bottom line is these Burns fans are trying to justify why Shelby beat East’ worse and only gave up 13 …. I know it , they know it and everyone reading knows it …. LMAO

Next week should be a good one ….

At the beginning of the game the announcers mentioned four out

2 WR a NG and someone else … it went from 4 to 7 somehow since the time I heard that. Big 77 went out early but came back and played rest of game and I think maybe another kid went out but not sure if he came back

Bottom line is these Burns fans are trying to justify why Shelby beat East’ worse and only gave up 13 …. I know it , they know it and everyone reading knows it …. LMAO

Next week should be a good one ….
Any other time I would agree but our game last week did not go in any way like I thought it would but the Shelby game did go how I thought it would and there are plenty of off preps messages to prove that. "I bet Shelby will blow their ass out next week" was my text to another Burns fan in the 3rd quarter. I expected Burns to do the same and all of a sudden we were down 14-0 trying to tell #22 once he passes community mart he can come back to the sideline. If anything I figured last night would show that next week we have our hands full. On a side note, Shelby did not beat them how I thought they would. I expected Bridges to go off and they simply ran it down EG's throat. That was pretty surprising. Had 26 kids from EG not been out the score would have been different though.

You're welcome Shelby....we beat and bruised them up for ya. And they had a short week to prepare. The rubber meets the road next week. Bring it!!!!

A couple final thoughts....Bridges is a dynamic player (very fast). Why in the world did we kick to him? The little RB is speedy too. Shelby Run Defense is very good. Shelby kicker being able to kickoff into the end zone is a big deal (each series starts with a long field).

Maybe somebody that knows more about playoff seeding than me can answer. Shelby and Burns have wrapped up the 1 and 2 seeds from our conference. EG will be a wild card, can wild cards host a home game in round 1? I get that we would have to be at least a 16 seed.

Maybe somebody that knows more about playoff seeding than me can answer. Shelby and Burns have wrapped up the 1 and 2 seeds from our conference. EG will be a wild card, can wild cards host a home game in round 1? I get that we would have to be at least a 16 seed.
Yes a wild card can host a first round game if the seeding is 1-16.

Just some commentary from last night's Shelby at East Gaston game:
East was without the following at the start of the game:

#2 - WR/DB - 4th leading receiver for EG with 12 catches, 186 yards and 3 TDs on the season. On defense he is 4th leading tackler with 43 total tackles

#14 - WR/DB - 2nd most catches and 3rd most yards with 21 catches for 295 yards and 3 TDs. On defense has 25 total tackles

#19 - LB - 6 tackles for the season

#42 - TE/DL - 8th leading tackler with 34, but 2nd on team with 11 tackles for loss, plus has 2 sacks

#69 - OL/DL - Has no stats on the season, so maybe has been injured all season?

During the game, #71 - OL/DL went out for a period of time and so did #15, although he returned soon after

EG has unable to get the running game going as Shelby stacked the box on them, and that also limited the QBs ability to scramble/run, although he did his best to fight for yards and got out of several lost yardage situations.

Shelby was able to run the ball and pretty much leaned on the run game as they didn't have to throw it. Everyone that ran it had success...#21 had well over 100 yards and 2 TDs, #12 had over 70 yards and a TD, #6 had 33 yards and a TD, #4 and #5 both had around 15 yards and a TD on 3 carries or so each.

I wish EG had been a full strength to better gage how the two teams compared...with the 2 WRs out they turned to #4 and #5 at WR as Shelby was able to keep the leading WR #8 in check.

Just some commentary from last night's Shelby at East Gaston game:
East was without the following at the start of the game:

#2 - WR/DB - 4th leading receiver for EG with 12 catches, 186 yards and 3 TDs on the season. On defense he is 4th leading tackler with 43 total tackles

#14 - WR/DB - 2nd most catches and 3rd most yards with 21 catches for 295 yards and 3 TDs. On defense has 25 total tackles

#19 - LB - 6 tackles for the season

#42 - TE/DL - 8th leading tackler with 34, but 2nd on team with 11 tackles for loss, plus has 2 sacks

#69 - OL/DL - Has no stats on the season, so maybe has been injured all season?

During the game, #71 - OL/DL went out for a period of time and so did #15, although he returned soon after

EG has unable to get the running game going as Shelby stacked the box on them, and that also limited the QBs ability to scramble/run, although he did his best to fight for yards and got out of several lost yardage situations.

Shelby was able to run the ball and pretty much leaned on the run game as they didn't have to throw it. Everyone that ran it had success...#21 had well over 100 yards and 2 TDs, #12 had over 70 yards and a TD, #6 had 33 yards and a TD, #4 and #5 both had around 15 yards and a TD on 3 carries or so each.

I wish EG had been a full strength to better gage how the two teams compared...with the 2 WRs out they turned to #4 and #5 at WR as Shelby was able to keep the leading WR #8 in check.
Your info is spot on, Bralpa. 71 is our 2nd best lineman behind 77 and 42's backup at nose guard. 42 is also our backup TE. 15 might be our best defensive player, I don't believe he returned, he was on the bench in street close after the half (I think, I lost interest after things got out of hand). 69 got hurt at practice about a month ago. 17 (starting safety) got hurt in the Cramer game and hasn't returned. A freshman took his place. Only point, all this spirals down hill when you have a lot of people playing both ways. I am just hoping we get these guys back for the playoffs. Once the game was decided, I would have gotten our key guys out of the game. If possible, I would also sit them next Friday against Highland. But I only coach from a keyboard!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT