ADVERTISEMENT

Burns @ East Gaston

notanyonesfan

Oct 1, 2016
I actually think this game is worthy of a thread this week. East Gaston gave Burns all they wanted and more last year in Lawndale, with Burns getting the win in 2OTs. And now the Warriors are coming off a 49-0 beatdown of Bessemer City and Burns coming in off a less than impressive 48-6 win over Thomas Jefferson.

I, along with I think most everybody else at Burns, respect East Gaston. They are the only team outside of Shelby that can come close to competing with Burns in this conference.

Burns get the win this week but this might be a sneaky good game, especially if Burns shows up like they did against Jefferson last night.. The Warriors will be fired up at home. Thoughts?

Reactions: Maiden Creek
I actually think this game is worthy of a thread this week. East Gaston have Burns all they wanted and more last year with Burns getting the win in 2OTs. And now the Warriors are coming off a 49-0 beatdown of Bessemer City and Burns coming in off a less than impressive 48-6 win over Thomas Jefferson.

I, along with I think most everybody else at Burns, respect East Gaston. They are the only team outside of Shelby that can come close to competing with Burns in this conference.

Burns get the win this week but this might be a sneaky good game. The Warriors will be fired up at home. Thoughts?
EG is not the same EG it was last year. Burns by 30

I kind of feel like we are kind of playing with house money, EG has nothing to lose. Our wins are the benefit from a soft schedule. The Warriors played their best game of the year last night and eliminated the mistakes on offense they have been making all season. This year's team has been better on defense, but offensively not as explosive as last year. Sirr Stoval (EG RB) has been very good the past month. We don't have many players playing both ways, so that has helped keep us from getting worn down. Our guys are usually jacked up playing at home and so are we fans! Burns fans, have a safe trip.

I hope we had a good week of practice. We've been able to sleepwalk through the past several weeks. I know this East Gaston team isn't as good as last year's but we know they're a lot better than the Bessemer City's and Thomas Jefferson's of the world.

I hope we had a good week of practice. We've been able to sleepwalk through the past several weeks. I know this East Gaston team isn't as good as last year's but we know they're a lot better than the Bessemer City's and Thomas Jefferson's of the world.
If we show up and play like we did last week, this game will look very much like it did last year. I hate the phrase "trap game" but if there is such a thing, this qualifies

Offensively we are not as good. I would say defense and and special teams are actually better than last year. I'm just hoping for a good game (not a blow out).

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Score does not lie. This week is a different game, different circumstances, but if we play like we did at Cherokee we'll get beat by 40.
No knock on EG. Seems to be the norm now to judge off the worst score and I'm guilty...that's why I get worked up...West Lincoln was rated over Maiden...now Bunker Hill is rated over Maiden...we haven't lost a conference game in almost 3 years...

I wish yall the best. Give em hell

It would be nice if we had video on youtube like we are supposed to have for this game. I wonder do these people not test everything out to make sure it works prior to the game?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT