ADVERTISEMENT

East Gaston (7-0) @ Burns (5-2)

notanyonesfan

Oct 1, 2016
Finally a game we can talk about! East Gaston comes to Burns undefeated. Burns will be the best East Gaston has seen this year by far. Burns will be looking to keep the showdown with Shelby in tact in a few weeks. Who ya got in this one?

I'm going Burns 42-21

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Finally, a legit team (maybe). I know their strength of schedule is very weak, but no doubt they're better than the rest of the conference, sans Shelby. It wouldn't surprise me to see EG break a few plays early on as we get adjusted to a good football team. But I think we pull away late as mentioned above. I do think we will score at will once we get going.

While I don't disagree. The scoring margins against these conference teams is tough to go by. We could have scored 100+ easily on a few occasions.
No argument from me about our schedule. I have not seen Burns; except for a few video clips, however I know a few people that have seen them play and they feel we match up pretty well. Win or lose, I know the East Gaston community is looking forward to Friday.

Finally a game we can talk about! East Gaston comes to Burns undefeated. Burns will be the best East Gaston has seen this year by far. Burns will be looking to keep the showdown with Shelby in tact in a few weeks. Who ya got in this one?

I'm going Burns 42-21
I think it GREAT that EG has become more COMPETITIVE but I will pick the BULLDOGS in this one.

I don't know if it'll be a factor this Friday or not but at some point Burns complete lack of a kicking game is gonna hurt them. Being forced to go for 2 after every TD and giving the other team the ball at the 35-45 after each kickoff isn't a way to win close games. We literally haven't tried an XP since like week 2.

Ok the plus side we usually get really good punts from Mauney, even though we haven't had to do that in over a month either lol

Given Reidsville has only blown out one team all year, I dont see many if any blowouts past the 2nd round.
Me as tarheel fan1. To be fair, we have had injuries. I’m not sure those games would have been close, had it not been for the injuries. I’m hoping the Rams continue to gel as we get players back, and we are at full strength by time the playoffs start.

Last edited:
Me as tarheel fan1. To be fair, we have had injuries. I’m not sure those games would have been close, had it not been for the injuries. I’m hoping the Rams continue to gel, as we get players back, and we are at full strength by time the playoffs start.

I was actually really about to say something similar lol. But, I didn't cause i didn't want to derail the therad haha

If we are even considering a deep playoff run, we have to win this game going away. No offense to EG, I'm happy for egfan and that program for continuing to get better, but if we don't win this game by 4+ scores, we're looking at a 2nd or 3rd round exit.

If we are even considering a deep playoff run, we have to win this game going away. No offense to EG, I'm happy for egfan and that program for continuing to get better, but if we don't win this game by 4+ scores, we're looking at a 2nd or 3rd round exit.
You're not wrong

Halftime stats From Shelby

BC
rushing 19 carries 6 yards
passing 33 yards passing
total 39 total yards....

Shelby
rushing 10 carries 110 yards 2 tds
passing 12-17 225 yareds 4 tds
total 335 yards 6 tds

Burns cant tackle the EG running back score tied again..... 21-21

ADVERTISEMENT