ADVERTISEMENT

Burns or Shelby?

notanyonesfan

Oct 1, 2016
Who's winning the worst conference in the state this year? Reigning Champ Burns or Shelby? Or maybe a wild card in East Gaston?

Burns lost a good group to graduation but still have a good core that'll be seniors this year. I've heard all over the spectrum about Shelby this year & I know nothing about what East Gaston brings back.

So who ya got?

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Shelby! We return Izay Bridges and Falls at receiver, Kee the runningback, and a bonafied D1 recruit in Jadan Pierce to anchor the D line. Kid played on a torn meniscus last season. He’s healthy going into this season, and 40 pounds lighter. He’s going to be hell! Look out for McGill and Hollifield in the secondary. You don’t lose the players Burns lost, and not take a step back.

Shelby! We return Izay Bridges and Falls at receiver, Kee the runningback, and a bonafied D1 recruit in Jadan Pierce to anchor the D line. Kid played on a torn meniscus last season. He’s healthy going into this season, and 40 pounds lighter. He’s going to be hell! Look out for McGill and Hollifield in the secondary. You don’t lose the players Burns lost, and not take a step back.
I am hearing we are going to have a lot of young 9th and 10th grade talent so will see. I would go with Burns now and hopefully we improve by the 10th game.

I am hearing we are going to have a lot of young 9th and 10th grade talent so will see. I would go with Burns now and hopefully we improve by the 10th game.
We return a lot at the skill positions, though. I was told Kee was playing. I don’t know that for certain, though. He and Bridges are the fastest kids in the county. I don’t know about state championship contender, because of the youth you speak of, and that includes the sophomore quarterback, but I think Shelby will better than many think.

Last edited:
We return a lot at the skill positions, though. I was told Kee was playing. I don’t know that for certain, though. He and Bridges are the fastest kids in the county. I don’t know about state championship contender, because of the youth you speak of, and that includes the sophomore quarterback, but I think Shelby will better than many think.

If Kee is playing that probably changes what I said. I don't doubt Shelby is top 10 good.

We aint dead yet....

Bad year last year, too many variables and distractions and a beat down to end it

if that dont fire up these kids and that coaching staff I dont know what will

I am with LA we will be better than folks think

so ya'll think you will lose in the third round instead of the 2nd.

ok

Either way, you are starting out 0-4, playing the 3 of the lords of 3A and Olympic.

You do remember we won the State Championship in 13,14,15,16,18,19,and 21?

I remember what's most recent. You won a 2nd round exit

The only thing he remembers is the taste of fixodent this morning when he took his teeth out of the jar and put em in after the morning allotment of tapioca puddin'
you're jealous my teeth are whiter than yours, Mr Dip Spit-Cup Guy

Somebody will be catching alot of these in 2023

mayweather-throwing.gif

so ya'll think you will lose in the third round instead of the 2nd.

ok

Either way, you are starting out 0-4, playing the 3 of the lords of 3A and Olympic.

Thing is we can go 0-4 and that want have any bearing on 2a.
This team as said above, is going to surprise alot of teams.
If our young Qb settles in i see alot of great things thzt will happen.
But that 1st 4 maybe toughest in state..
To be best got to plsy the best

Burns by a landslide. Shelbyville is lacking this year in many ways. But we shall see....

Last edited:
Reactions: notanyonesfan
Bruns by a landslide. Shelbyville is lacking this year in many ways. But we shall see....
Who in the hell is “Bruns”? Just messing with you on the typo, bro. As for Shelby, the well had to run dry a little, at some point, from that run of championships. It eventually happens to everyone. See your Stallions! I have a feeling this Shelby team is going to be better than some think, though, and you could see any of these western favorites season end in disappointment, if they were to overlook the Lions.

Last edited:
Who in the hell is “Bruns”? Just messing with you on the typo, bro. As for Shelby, the well had to run dry a little at some point from that run of championships. It eventually happens to everyone. See your Stallions! I have a feeling this Shelby team is going to be better than some think, though, and you could see any of these western favorites season end in disappointment, if they were to overlook the Lions.

You young bucks always on top of the spelling I see. Shelbyville will take their licks. Just don't like their coach period. SWO won't win anything with the coach at hand. I believe truly hs coaching is the most important and hard job, you have to relate to these kids and be a father figure to the extreme level.

My thoughts having heard nothing about my Dawgs this year, so they could mean absolutely nothing. I think Burns will be decline slightly from last year. We lost a lot of talent, size and experience at the skill positions. We do have very capable players to fill those holes, but the experience isn't there. I think Shelby will see a slight improvement in some areas. But the big question is their QB. Shelby's season will be made or broke by QB play this year. If he adapts to varsity ball, they'll be a contender. If he doesn't, it'll be a mirror image of last year. Those first 4 games for him will be tough to gauge how good he is. I expect he'll learn a lot early on.

I think I'll take Burns again this year. But we better get it done this year, because the next few will be average I believe.

I think Burns offensively will be fine. I think Graham Warlick has a breakout year at WR. Obviously Mauney and Norris make everything go.

If Burns has much of a drop it'll be on defense IMO. But watch for Marshall McGowan.

May be apples to oranges but I think a couple of the guys winning a State Championship in baseball will help just from learning what it takes. Experience

I'll take Burns this year, but I'm biased 😐

Last edited:
Reactions: 87SwO
Whoever they were playing didn't look great. I hope we throw the ball downfield more this year. I know the WR screen worked well last year, but it's time to push the ball deep or over the middle.

Burns experienced QB will be the difference in conference title. After last season, Burns football program is no longer intimidated by Shelby football legacy.
Shelby breaking in a new Soph QB in first 4 games could be brutal on the kid. (See RJ George first game against Crest, so many sacks and trip to emergency room) Farmer could fare the same fate x 4. KM with best D in the area, Crest, AC Reynolds and Olympic.
By the time Shelby and Burns meet in last game of regular season, both will be experienced, tough teams.

Burns experienced QB will be the difference in conference title. After last season, Burns football program is no longer intimidated by Shelby football legacy.
Shelby breaking in a new Soph QB in first 4 games could be brutal on the kid. (See RJ George first game against Crest, so many sacks and trip to emergency room) Farmer could fare the same fate x 4. KM with best D in the area, Crest, AC Reynolds and Olympic.
By the time Shelby and Burns meet in last game of regular season, both will be experienced, tough teams.

Yeah, it coule be the difference. I wouldn't say it WILL be the difference

Our defense is the x-factor this year. Only 2-3 starters coming back is going to be tough. I know that's been a main focal point in the offseason. I guess we'll see what happens.

I agree 100 percent. There will not be many sophomore QB's starting their career with a tougher 1st four games. I still remember Willie Greens first game against Shelby and the brutal beating he took with Crest.

I agree 100 percent. There will not be many sophomore QB's starting their career with a tougher 1st four games. I still remember Willie Greens first game against Shelby and the brutal beating he took with Crest.
I feel if Lan has some good outing on the field in the 2 jambos we are in he will come into season with Confidence.
Kids been two enough big time camps last 2 years dont knpw how Intimidated he be.
Also its possible u see 2 headed Qb with Drew Hollifield running plays, kid went from 165 to 185 from end season till now

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT