Ashbrook vs Forest Hills
Crest vs Gaffney
Forestview vs Burns
Huss vs Draughn
Kings Mountain vs Shelby
North Gaston vs East Gaston
South Point vs Lincolnton
Stuart Cramer vs East Lincoln

Ashbrook vs Forest Hills this could be a tough out for Ashbrook. Forest Hills went 9-2 last year losing to shelby in the 1st round. Not sure how many they return, but should be a good test to see if Ashbrook can live up to the preseason hype.
FH 28- AHS 13

Crest vs Gaffney Well, i want to pull for the conference for every non conference game. With that being said i dont know much about Gaffney. But if they the same Gaffney from recent years this could get bad. I like what Crest has to offer. And the new DC should work out pretty good but judging by past games at KM when he gets in a bind hes going to send everyone and play man behind it. He should have the studs to do that but Gaffney should have talent to outlast it.
Gaffney 35- Crest 21

Forestview vs Burns not alot of talk about Forestview during the preseason. But i did see Burns in 7v7 over the summer and judging from what i heard of the SP scrimmage could be a long night for Forestview
Burns 35- FV 14

Huss vs Draughn Draughn returns their 6'7 qb, TE and their RB from a team a year ago that went to the state semis. Not sure exactly how many they return all together. Huss returns most of their skill guys and replacing 3 out of 5 OL but has added some youth from a good crop of young talent. 7v7 draughn couldnt keep up with the speed on the perimeter. This could be a fun ball game to watch or it could go lop sided real quick. I hoping for the lop sided
Huss 42-14

Kings Mountain vs Shelby if the rumor mills are true from over the winter with all the players bouncing from school to school. I really hope Shelby puts it to KM. But i honestly think with all new staff and starting in a huge ravalry setting KM could struggle early
Shelby 35-31

North Gaston vs East Gaston not alot known of either judging by last year
EG 42- NG 7

South Point vs Lincolnton, is Lincolnton back to nwhat Lincolnton should be? South point never changes just depends on how long it takes them to get it going.
SP 28 LINCOLNTON 21

Stuart Cramer vs East Lincoln EL isnt the same team from a year ago but neither is SC. Both are replacing alot. This one to me could be a shock. I think EL has to replace more
SC 21 EL 14

Ashbrook vs Forest Hills
Crest vs Gaffney
Forestview vs Burns
Huss vs Draughn
Kings Mountain vs Shelby

Ashbrook vs Forest Hills this could be a tough out for Ashbrook. Forest Hills went 9-2 last year losing to shelby in the 1st round. Not sure how many they return, but should be a good test to see if Ashbrook can live up to the preseason hype.
FH 28- AHS 13

Crest vs Gaffney Well, i want to pull for the conference for every non conference game. With that being said i dont know much about Gaffney. But if they the same Gaffney from recent years this could get bad. I like what Crest has to offer. And the new DC should work out pretty good but judging by past games at KM when he gets in a bind hes going to send everyone and play man behind it. He should have the studs to do that but Gaffney should have talent to outlast it.
Gaffney 35- Crest 21

Forestview vs Burns not alot of talk about Forestview during the preseason. But i did see Burns in 7v7 over the summer and judging from what i heard of the SP scrimmage could be a long night for Forestview
Burns 35- FV 14

Huss vs Draughn Draughn returns their 6'7 qb, TE and their RB from a team a year ago that went to the state semis. Not sure exactly how many they return all together. Huss returns most of their skill guys and replacing 3 out of 5 OL but has added some youth from a good crop of young talent. 7v7 draughn couldnt keep up with the speed on the perimeter. This could be a fun ball game to watch or it could go lop sided real quick. I hoping for the lop sided
Huss 42-14

Kings Mountain vs Shelby if the rumor mills are true from over the winter with all the players bouncing from school to school. I really hope Shelby puts it to KM. But i honestly think with all new staff and starting in a huge ravalry setting KM could struggle early
Shelby 35-31

EG 42- NG 7

South Point vs Lincolnton, is Lincolnton back to nwhat Lincolnton should be? South point never changes just depends on how long it takes them to get it going.
SP 28 LINCOLNTON 21

Stuart Cramer vs East Lincoln EL isnt the same team from a year ago but neither is SC. Both are replacing alot. This one to me could be a shock. I think EL has to replace more
SC 21 EL 14
With the exception of South Point and EG, Gaston County football fans are always crying about something. How about y’all look at yourselves for once and understand why people try to get away from your garbage in Gaston County. The Huss football community were always resilient and tough but now you guys have became a bunch of crybabies. Huss coaches crying to anyone that will listen to their nonsense. Other coaches know you guys are a joke. Gaston County can’t even get South Point to participate in your own county jamboree because they know their county is trash when it comes to football. For the record KM has lost far more kids to Gaston County schools over the years but we don’t cry about it. We have two former Huss kids on our roster. One who came last year and one who came this year. Both have parents who were born, raised, and graduates of KM High school. You guys had a KM kid starting on your team last year who never moved or transferred.
This is a just a love tap. I have plenty of ammo in the clip for you current crying Huss coaches and fans.

Last edited:
Reactions: Maiden Creek
With the exception of South Point, Gaston County football fans are always crying about something. How about y’all look at yourselves for once and understand why people try to get away from your garbage in Gaston County. The Huss football community were always resilient and tough but now you guys have became a bunch of crybabies. Huss coaches crying to anyone that will listen to their nonsense. Other coaches know you guys are a joke. Gaston County can’t even get South Point to participate in your own county jamboree because they know their county is trash when it comes to football. For the record KM has lost far more kids to Gaston County schools over the years but we don’t cry about it. This is a just tap. I have plenty of ammo in the clip for you current crying Huss guys.
Where exactly is the cry about Huss? Not one thing was said about any kid leaving Huss to go anywhere. All i said was IF the rumor mills are true. As a matter of fact there is only 1 kid that left Huss to go to KM and that was because his family moved no complaint about that. Take all your shots you want about what you think you know. All this post was about is my big south predictions, someone was triggered early this morning.

Nobody in GACO is crying about anything. It's pretty easy to check rosters from a couple years ago to see where people grew up and should be playing. You can't demand respect just because you moved to a better program specifically for HS football. If 7-8 guys have to group up /transfer out of schools in order to be on a good team - so be it. Could've stayed where you were at and seen if you could've been THE guy that lead whatever team you left. How many does KM have from HH and NG... 7 or 8 right? Everybody knows it... and I'm no fan of either team - it's just the truth.

CC schools are set up better for football programs (less schools per population). No way in the world any large numbers of legit players have left CC football for Gaston County in the last 10 years. How many? Who are they? Everybody knows if one showed up.

Ashbrook vs Forest Hills
Crest vs Gaffney
Forestview vs Burns
Huss vs Draughn
Kings Mountain vs Shelby

FH 28- AHS 13

Gaffney 35- Crest 21

Burns 35- FV 14

Huss 42-14

Shelby 35-31

EG 42- NG 7

SP 28 LINCOLNTON 21

SC 21 EL 14
For arguments sake :

Draughn has 3000 yards rushing and 1000 passing returning . They will be fine scoring points . Huss can sneak up on people with their speed early. They tend to be tough early in the season . I don’t see a win for Huss here though.

East Gaston qb has a serious arm and they are throwing a lil more now to promote him. But East Gaston gonna run the football . We just have not seen enough from North Gaston to pick them here .

I have no issues with SP -Lincolnton game . 2 running teams will keep it close . SP needs to get that defense right for when they play better competition . They will be in it again this year I believe .
From all the preseason stuff from Shelby, I’m not convinced they are at the level they need to be yet . KM seems to be still looking for a Qb so that is never a good thing if your team has high expectations . I think this is low scoring game .

I think forest Hills will be real good . Being able to return big time players in high school is just so rewarding and relieving. Ashbrook got all they wanted from mountain island in the scrimmage so what can we learn about Ashbrook from that ?! I like Forest Hills by 15-20 here

Was talking with someone from Gaston just a couple days ago about Huss. As they said, Gaston County has done no favors for Hunter Huss High with some of the decisions they have made over the last few years.

Yeah...what I'm saying is:
CC has 4 HSs totaling about 4,030 kids. Roughly 1,008 per school on AVG.
GC has 11 HSs totaling about 9,360 kids. Roughly 850 per school on AVG.
That's a difference of extra 80 boys at each GACO HS, of which maybe 10 play football. It makes a difference. When people transfer out...makes even more of a difference. This is why HH, NG and some of these schools have struggled the last 10-15 years. Only time HH wasn't struggling was when they had their little recruiting deal going on - kids coming from EVERY Middle School in the county to play there back in '14-19 or so.

I include MICS in with the GACO HSs...they have about 400 HS kids, and can technically legally recruit for sports like some other counties and schools also do.
I don't think the 250 HS kids that go to T. Jefferson in Rutherford Co. is quite as much of a drain on student population to CC as the private schools in CHLT are to GACO either.

Nobody in GACO is crying about anything. It's pretty easy to check rosters from a couple years ago to see where people grew up and should be playing. You can't demand respect just because you moved to a better program specifically for HS football. If 7-8 guys have to group up /transfer out of schools in order to be on a good team - so be it. Could've stayed where you were at and seen if you could've been THE guy that lead whatever team you left. How many does KM have from HH and NG... 7 or 8 right? Everybody knows it... and I'm no fan of either team - it's just the truth.

CC schools are set up better for football programs (less schools per population). No way in the world any large numbers of legit players have left CC football for Gaston County in the last 10 years. How many? Who are they? Everybody knows if one showed up.
First no one owns these kids or their families. They are free to move, live, work. and go to school wherever. There are kids who moved to KM during middle school or after their middle school years that are being mentioned as high school transfers. Hilarious. There was no players moving as a group or teaming up to come to KM at the same time unless you count a pair of brothers in that number. Those kids in their families have their own reasons. All of them different. Most of those kids came at different times usually early in their high school careers. No one’s star player has transferred to KM. Usually it’s kid that felt that he should be playing more or wanted to be used differently. Also there are many GC high school kids who played in the KM youth football programs so they are familiar already with their teammates if they did move into the district. The real question is why do kids leave those programs? Also what programs are consistently losing players to other people. If you can’t be honest with yourself as a program or a coach then maybe you shouldn’t be coaching. Let me give you an example, one of the Huss kids who transferred to KM was backing up a player or players who had relatives on the coaching staff who coached offense. This kid who ended up transferring to KM averaged over 6yds a carry for Huss while the guy in front of him with the relatives on staff averaged 3yds a carry. What do you think that kid’s perception of the situation was going to be? As a coach how can you not see the potential problem? If we are going to go out and get some players then NG and Huss wouldn’t be the starting point. Please send me the big tackle from Ashbrook and Green from Crest. While we at it please throw in Bridges from Shelby. The middle school running back who EVERYONE in GC was salivating over moving to KM made my summer. Multiple GC programs contacted this kid and his mom. All of them promising that he will start on their varsity. He is on our jv working his way up. There is a Gaston County coach who posted on social media recently speaking about kids at his school who talk all the time about wanting to go to school in Cleveland County and play football. There is no open solicitation for players. KM has great academics and great facilities. Great fans and support. Don’t hate the player, hate the game.

Last edited:
Forest Hills returns pretty much all of last year's team and has added more athletes. Highly recruited QB Brady Hibbard returned along with his great receiving group. One who's already been offered a full scholarship to Michigan and several other schools as a rising junior. Both lines should be good and good RBs return. Our coach who's going into his 4th season is next level after winning a Division II college national championship has greatly improved the non-conference schedule for this year greatly. Our big game will be Monroe which is earlier this season I believe week 5 or 6 instead of the last game of the year. We played Ashbrook once before and beat them. It was also the same year Ashbrook won the state championship.

It hasn’t been large numbers transferring out but enough. Just like kids coming into KM hasn't been large numbers. 8-9 sound like a lot until you dive in and realize that is total between 9th-12th grade. We have two from Huss. One who transferred to KM on Christmas break the year before last and one this year in the summer. Both whose parents are KM alums and dads played at KM. Happy to have them. Back home where the belong.

Last edited:
Where exactly is the cry about Huss? Not one thing was said about any kid leaving Huss to go anywhere. All i said was IF the rumor mills are true. As a matter of fact there is only 1 kid that left Huss to go to KM and that was because his family moved no complaint about that. Take all your shots you want about what you think you know. All this post was about is my big south predictions, someone was triggered early this morning.
Nope you tried to take a shot inside of your predictions about KM. Maybe you aren’t privy but Huss coaches have been crying to other coaches about kids going to KM.

First no one owns these kids or their families. They are free to move, live, work. and go to school wherever. There are kids who moved to KM during middle school or after their middle school years that are being mentioned as high school transfers. Hilarious. There was no players moving as a group or teaming up to come to KM at the same time unless you count a pair of brothers in that number. Those kids in their families have their own reasons. All of them different. Most of those kids came at different times usually early in their high school careers. No one’s star player has transferred to KM. Usually it’s kid that felt that he should be playing more or wanted to be used differently. Also there are many GC high school kids who played in the KM youth football programs so they are familiar already with their teammates if they did move into the district. The real question is why do kids leave those programs? Also what programs are consistently losing players to other people. If you can’t be honest with yourself as a program or a coach then maybe you shouldn’t be coaching. Let me give you an example, one of the Huss kids who transferred to KM was backing up a player or players who had relatives on the coaching staff who coached offense. This kid who ended up transferring to KM averaged over 6yds a carry for Huss while the guy in front of him with the relatives on staff averaged 3yds a carry. What do you think that kid’s perception of the situation was going to be? As a coach how can you not see the potential problem? If we are going to go out and get some players then NG and Huss wouldn’t be the starting point. Please send me the big tackle from Ashbrook and Green from Crest. While we at it please throw in Bridges from Shelby. The middle school running back who EVERYONE in GC was salivating over moving to KM made my summer. Multiple GC programs contacted this kid and his mom. All of them promising that he will start on their varsity. He is on our jv working his way up. There is a Gaston County coach who posted on social media recently speaking about kids at his school who talk all the time about wanting to go to school in Cleveland County and play football. There is no open solicitation for players. KM has great academics and great facilities. Great fans and support. Don’t hate the player, hate the game.
Lol your ignorance on these situations is laughable

Nope you tried to take a shot inside of your predictions about KM. Maybe you aren’t privy but Huss coaches have been crying to other coaches about kids going to KM.
Lol dont believe everything you hear. Who do they have to cry about? The Gash kid is the only player that left and from my understanding his family moved. How is that something to cry about? If the rumors are true about Crest i hope gaffney takes them to the woodshed too. Its not a shot. But the rumor mills have been flying all spring and summer about the pay to play going on in CC. Again if they arent true ill pull for both conference members, if they arent i hope the get their teeth kicked in. Now this is a legit question bc i heard this yesterday. From what was told to me between crest and km there were over 40 players under investigation for not living where they were supposed to be. Again this was told to me yesterday not throwing shade just a question

Lol dont believe everything you hear. Who do they have to cry about? The Gash kid is the only player that left and from my understanding his family moved. How is that something to cry about? If the rumors are true about Crest i hope gaffney takes them to the woodshed too. Its not a shot. But the rumor mills have been flying all spring and summer about the pay to play going on in CC. Again if they arent true ill pull for both conference members, if they arent i hope the get their teeth kicked in. Now this is a legit question bc i heard this yesterday. From what was told to me between crest and km there were over 40 players under investigation for not living where they were supposed to be. Again this was told to me yesterday not throwing shade just a question
Definitely not true on the KM side. Y’all just making stuff up now as y’all go.

Funniest post I've ever read on here.

Pay to play 😂😂😂

Over 40 players. LOL! Who told you all that mess?? You should slap them for lying. Why would any sane person believe that garbage?

Who would pay players at Crest? 😂. We have to have a huge half and half to help pay for the stuff all our teams need. We don’t have a money man.

That was the most insane post I’ve ever read on here. Full of outrageous and outright untruths. Whoever told you all of that crap is a moron.40 players LOL!

Get real Potsie. You do know that people lie. Right??

🤡

Was talking with someone from Gaston just a couple days ago about Huss. As they said, Gaston County has done no favors for Hunter Huss High with some of the decisions they have made over the last few years.
One of the worst mistakes Gaston County made during realignment was their demand to keep all of the Gaston County schools together in one conference. On its face it’s a good idea but Gaston County really did this for athletic control in GC amongst its schools. The mistake is that the landscape for athletes and parents has changed. GC locked in a 365 rule if a kid transferred within Gaston County. Gaston County was out trying to actively investigating families especially doing the McCoy years at Huss. Multiple home visits at all hours etc. It was really a control thing that pissed families off because families change schools for all kinds of reasons from academics, specialty programs, and athletics but the focus seemed to be on only football and basketball. The issue they did not see is that a kid can transfer across county lines and be eligible immediately if they moved into that district without all the extra hassle.

You had that clown pegged from the get go SD24
At the end of the day that current group over there are all about excuses and blaming others for their performance which grates on me. McCoy had a good staff at Huss but once he left Huss bungled the coaching hiring process. New staff came on, ran off some good holdover coaches, and really brought a middle school football mindset to high school with a bunch of middle school coaches. They started out blaming McCoy for everything wrong in the program not truly understanding the work he put in to make them competitive on the field. Then the Huss coaches started blaming the holdover kids as bad apples. Duh you at Huss, they’re going to be some challenges. Now it’s we can’t win because everyone is going to CC including the middle school kids. It’s nauseating. This dude posts from two years ago when Huss didn’t win a game will confirm everything I just posted. Their staff blamed the holdover kids. Kids who were use to winning. I just want to hear some accountability from those guys at some point.

Last edited:
At the end of the day that current group over there are all about excuses and blaming others for their performance which grates on me. McCoy had a good staff at Huss but once he left Huss bungled the coaching hiring process. New staff came on, ran off some good holdover coaches, and really brought a middle school football mindset to high school with a bunch of middle school coaches. They started out blaming McCoy for everything wrong in the program not truly understanding the work he put in to make them competitive on the field. Then the Huss coaches started blaming the holdover kids as bad apples. Duh you at Huss, they’re going to be some challenges. Now it’s we can’t win because everyone is going to CC including the middle school kids. It’s nauseating. This dudes posts from two years ago when Huss didn’t win a game will confirm everything I just post where they blamed the kids. Kids who were use to winning. I just want to hear some accountability from those guys at some point.
That’s good stuff

East Gaston returns 15 starters from last year's 6-5 team (that was considered a rebuilding year). We are still a good ways behind Burns and Shelby, other than them we have a very favorable schedule. I wouldn't be suprised if we win 6 games in the regular season, maybe 7.

East Gaston returns 15 starters from last year's 6-5 team (that was considered a rebuilding year). We are still a good ways behind Burns and Shelby, other than them we have a very favorable schedule. I wouldn't be suprised if we win 6 games in the regular season, maybe 7.
I love the way EG is building their program. Step by step without making excuses.

LOL- calm down. I think the real problem here I see is:"no one owns these kids".
You are making my point for me sort of. Only certain schools and people (usually handlers....uncles, sometimes a parent) see their kid as a commodity. The HSs who don't recruit see your child as a student who plays football and will work to make them a better person and athlete.
At the base of all this - everybody thinks they have the next Barry Sanders or Tom Brady and also has dollar signs in their eyes. Newsflash to everyone in both counties.....99.9% of them will not be in the NFL and 97.9% of them won't be D1(P5) college football players for 4-5 years. If you are one of the 3-4 out of the county who goes and plays a career in P5 football, the liklihood of you getting any real NIL money is about like the NFL odds of making a team. 95% of the P5 players get basically nothing in endorsement deals.
Anybody who is in favor of the BS that's going on in communities right now for HS athletic recruiting, "staying" somewhere in district (but really not),etc is living in a warped reality. If you are a P5 product, you will be found in the internet/technology age. H#LL...you can be on an 0-10 team but go to 1-2 camps as a P5 guy and you're slick. This type activity would've made more sense 40 years ago when NC players used to get lost in the shuffle, but not now.
To summarize...I DON'T hate the players, and I DO hate the game... but the game needs to be changed across the board or else it's rigged and skewed. Go ahead and put an asterisk beside any State Championship for these recruited teams...and that counts going back 10-15 years to the Dudleys and anyone else who has players from multiple counties/home school districts and sometimes multiple STATES, much less multiple local HSs.

Reactions: CHEERDUCK
Brother it’s more than that. GC reached out to CC behind the scenes the year before last trying to get CC to agree to a 365 sit out for all transfers regardless of reason for moving between the counties. CC politely told them to kick rocks…
WOW- I didn't know that. Although I'm sure you in CC who see these kids as a meal ticket or live vicariously through them favor it....the of the good things I have heard from GACO schools in a long time. GACO putting the student-athlete first....that sounds good.
I fully understand your point about some nepotism or BS that goes on. It happens all the time in all kinds of different ways. Could be relation, size, color, who your parents are, who your parents AREN'T (booster club president or whatever)... but guess what - that's life. Obstacles and struggle is legit, and you become an adult when you find a way to overcome it head on. I know some things are out of a kid's control. I don't think it's bad that a move is allowed or made necessarily. I do think 7-8 guys moving OR one guy moving 2-3 times during a HS "career" is bad.

WOW- I didn't know that. Although I'm sure you in CC who see these kids as a meal ticket or live vicariously through them favor it....the of the good things I have heard from GACO schools in a long time. GACO putting the student-athlete first....that sounds good.
I fully understand your point about some nepotism or BS that goes on. It happens all the time in all kinds of different ways. Could be relation, size, color, who your parents are, who your parents AREN'T (booster club president or whatever)... but guess what - that's life. Obstacles and struggle is legit, and you become an adult when you find a way to overcome it head on. I know some things are out of a kid's control. I don't think it's bad that a move is allowed or made necessarily. I do think 7-8 guys moving OR one guy moving 2-3 times during a HS "career" is bad.
I don’t think anyone that’s a non parent see these kids as a meal ticket. These kids only have a couple of years before the real world hits. Make the most of your opportunities and if that involves a move then who are any of us to get involved with what goes on in a family household. As long as it is legit and coaches aren’t actively recruiting from another team’s roster.

I agree with the multiple moves for most part not being idea. That is usually parent driven. Many times kids just show up and coaches aren’t aware of who kids are until someone tells them. At that point you give them a clean slate and go from there. That’s all you can do.

Reactions: CHEERDUCK
LOL- calm down. I think the real problem here I see is:"no one owns these kids".
You are making my point for me sort of. Only certain schools and people (usually handlers....uncles, sometimes a parent) see their kid as a commodity. The HSs who don't recruit see your child as a student who plays football and will work to make them a better person and athlete.
At the base of all this - everybody thinks they have the next Barry Sanders or Tom Brady and also has dollar signs in their eyes. Newsflash to everyone in both counties.....99.9% of them will not be in the NFL and 97.9% of them won't be D1(P5) college football players for 4-5 years. If you are one of the 3-4 out of the county who goes and plays a career in P5 football, the liklihood of you getting any real NIL money is about like the NFL odds of making a team. 95% of the P5 players get basically nothing in endorsement deals.
Anybody who is in favor of the BS that's going on in communities right now for HS athletic recruiting, "staying" somewhere in district (but really not),etc is living in a warped reality. If you are a P5 product, you will be found in the internet/technology age. H#LL...you can be on an 0-10 team but go to 1-2 camps as a P5 guy and you're slick. This type activity would've made more sense 40 years ago when NC players used to get lost in the shuffle, but not now.
To summarize...I DON'T hate the players, and I DO hate the game... but the game needs to be changed across the board or else it's rigged and skewed. Go ahead and put an asterisk beside any State Championship for these recruited teams...and that counts going back 10-15 years to the Dudleys and anyone else who has players from multiple counties/home school districts and sometimes multiple STATES, much less multiple local HSs.
First this is a lot to digest. Second I am always calm and realistic. You are describing a youth sports culture now that is all over this country. This area is nowhere near the Floridas, California, Texas, DMV, etc. It is definitely not unique to football. Some other sports are on another planet with these things. Currently CC is nowhere near some of the scenarios you mentioned and probably never will be. If you follow some of these other threads then you will see that the mountain folk in NC are dealing with the same exact things. For purists who long for the old days, those days are gone for the most part. Covid also changed alot of things from a parents prospective. I get it. Parents and kids in the internet age are saying they only have one high school experience and are pulling out all the stops. It’s a new age.

I don’t think anyone that’s a non parent see these kids as a meal ticket. These kids only have a couple of years before the real world hits. Make the most of your opportunities and if that involves a move then who are any of us to get involved with what goes on in a family household. As long as it is legit and coaches aren’t actively recruiting from another team’s roster.

I agree with the multiple moves for most part not being idea. That is usually parent driven. Many times kids just show up and coaches aren’t aware of who kids are until someone tells them. At that point you give them a clean slate and go from there. That’s all you can do.
If that's the perspective... I can live with that. I just don't like the rules that apply to some schools/counties...but not all the schools and counties that eventually play each other. That especially goes for private schools.

Sometimes, looking on situations from the outside we do not know the entire reasoning. Just this past weekend, I had a conversation with a friend in Gaston County whose son happens to play a middle school sport. He told me his son was moving and getting out of Gaston county schools and going to KM next year. Their move has nothing to do with sports, it's the education and social side of it, the kid just happens to play a sport.

Another Gaston County school would have lost a potential star coming up this year if the family did not have a situation come up this summer. The family came to me before the school year was even done and asked about potential places to move in KM and what to expect academically. The parent in this situation told me that at her son's school, the players were talking about wanting to go somewhere like KM. I haven't heard or seen about the coaches putting anything on social media about kids wanting to come to Cleveland County as previous poster stated, but I would bet that is true because it's what I have heard from a parent and players mouth. There is no active recruiting nor pay to play,lol. You always are going to have locals saying come here or go there. Most of the times it's just kids and families wanting to try to see if somewhere else is a better situation for them.

*side note: the Gaffney QB is on his 3 or 4th high school team. Only ones that would complain is the schools he left or the schools that didn't get him.

Sometimes, looking on situations from the outside we do not know the entire reasoning. Just this past weekend, I had a conversation with a friend in Gaston County whose son happens to play a middle school sport. He told me his son was moving and getting out of Gaston county schools and going to KM next year. Their move has nothing to do with sports, it's the education and social side of it, the kid just happens to play a sport.

Another Gaston County school would have lost a potential star coming up this year if the family did not have a situation come up this summer. The family came to me before the school year was even done and asked about potential places to move in KM and what to expect academically. The parent in this situation told me that at her son's school, the players were talking about wanting to go somewhere like KM. I haven't heard or seen about the coaches putting anything on social media about kids wanting to come to Cleveland County as previous poster stated, but I would bet that is true because it's what I have heard from a parent and players mouth. There is no active recruiting nor pay to play,lol. You always are going to have locals saying come here or go there. Most of the times it's just kids and families wanting to try to see if somewhere else is a better situation for them.

*side note: the Gaffney QB is on his 3 or 4th high school team. Only ones that would complain is the schools he left or the schools that didn't get him.
You summarized this perfectly. This pretty much what happened with one of the freshmen who moved into KM’s district in June. His mom was looking for a place to live because her rent was going to go up by a few hundred bucks per month at the end of her lease. She looked in Belmont first then other areas with no luck. SP already had plans for the kid. She ended up finding somewhere in KM that fit financially. Everyone’s first thoughts were it’s a football move when mom just trying to find a decent place to stay. The new coaching staff had no idea who the kid is until he showed up to workouts. There are a million and one reasons that families move and athletics isn’t usually the sole reason unless you talking to the fanatics or someone who’s butt-hurt because a kid did not come to their school.

Reactions: Freshmanposter01
Wanna play at Crest?????

200w.gif

Dumbest thing ever posted

• Haha
Reactions: beamer24

LOL- yeah these guys always just so happen to play a sport.
Also- I think you guys missed my entire point. I would NOT be happy or reception to having a bunch of transfers come to the local HS. I am about community and ours vs. yours. If yours aren't good enough, and you have to go get others then what kind of fabric is that community built out of? Just a difference in opinions I guess. I also despise the transfer portal in college athletics too - lol.

You summarized this perfectly. This pretty much what happened with one of the freshmen who moved into KM’s district in June. His mom was looking for a place to live because her rent was going to go up by a few hundred bucks per month at the end of her lease. She looked in Belmont first then other areas with no luck. SP already had plans for the kid. She ended up finding somewhere in KM that fit financially. Everyone’s first thoughts were it’s a football move when mom just trying to find a decent place to stay. The new coaching staff had no idea who the kid is until he showed up to workouts. There are a million and one reasons that families move and athletics isn’t usually the sole reason unless you talking to the fanatics or someone who’s butt-hurt because a kid did not come to their school.
This is believable. Her rent went up, so the first thing she did was look around Belmont so she could get lower rent.....
I don't want that (whatever kid it is you're talking about) or any others that are hired guns. Those are the first thoughts because it's 100% true. You are unfamiliar with that program if you think there were any special plans for anybody.

This is believable. Her rent went up, so the first thing she did was look around Belmont so she could get lower rent.....
I don't want that (whatever kid it is you're talking about) or any others that are hired guns. Those are the first thoughts because it's 100% true. You are unfamiliar with that program if you think there were any special plans for anybody.
You do not know what you speak of. You just talking now. SP wanted him on varsity as a freshman. The backup plan was to move Ford to running back if he didn’t come. Do not think that SP doesn’t try to get kids also. Most of the GC high school reach out to the GC middle school kids if they think they can get them. Stop with the holier than thou crap. SP has done this for years also. That’s no hate, just facts.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT