ADVERTISEMENT

MPC Week 10

BlackKnightNut

May 13, 2007
ND vs CD
OG vs MC
Aboro vs Ledford

Here we go. Central was able to beat North for the first time in nearly two decades last year. North is fighting to perhaps get the second seed in conference depending on how things shake out. Central is giving up alot of points this year but their style of offense keeps them in the game usually and scores plenty on its own. This game is critical for both teams moving forward for playoff placement.

OG should put a running clock on MC. I will be surprised if they don't. Might get a little chippy as MC likes to play undisciplined and OG has some linemen who aren't afraid to scrap lol...

Ledford should not have trouble with Aboro even if not still fully healthy this week. If at full health they blow em out no question. All Aboro tries to do is throw deep and hope someone catches it.

Last edited:
Reactions: PrepFanNC
North and Central is the only good game this week. Central could show up strong or weak. They are a different team each week. I think North has the edge here. north needs to win because I don’t think they’ll hang with Ledford.

Ledford is banged up so I hope they’ll be able to rest their stats up a little bit. I felt bad for their #20 last week. Very talented, but obviously nursing a leg injury. Playing both ways as well. Ledford’s well is running dry as their JV is abysmal.
Ledford still beats asheboro.

Oak Grove needs to rest a few people this week. Some nagging injuries that need to heal up before the playoffs. Oak Grove by four touchdowns, but only because they are pumping the brakes a bit.

Reactions: BlackKnightNut
Ledford is banged up and if the big RB is back they will be fine. OG is a blowout win and ND-CD is interesting. Both need the win but I will take ND in a close game.

It’s time for a change at Montgomery Central. They have a few athletes and that’s about it. I hear good things about the coach’s character and commitment to his process. The MoCo folks (mostly West Montgomery) have disappeared from this site for the most part. But their claims to be headed to “contender status” are not coming true. Right now, I see Montgomery Central on a similar path as West Davidson. Doing things the right way, but not winning. It’s time to make a choice. You can have both.

Sad thing is MC isn’t competitive in most sports other than maybe men’s soccer. They’re pretty much the bottom of the MPC in most sports.

West Davidson- speaking of the good ol’ boys environment…..

It’s time for a change at Montgomery Central. They have a few athletes and that’s about it. I hear good things about the coach’s character and commitment to his process. The MoCo folks (mostly West Montgomery) have disappeared from this site for the most part. But their claims to be headed to “contender status” are not coming true. Right now, I see Montgomery Central on a similar path as West Davidson. Doing things the right way, but not winning. It’s time to make a choice. You can have both.
I am Not sure about a change a MoCo, he is a stand up guy and seems to be trying to turn around program. He did turn around Pinecrest. I asked on another thread what happened to MoCo posters. They used to be all in on here. I think I may have given several of them vacations a few time. Is there still bitterness over combining schools?

Reactions: PrepFanNC
I am Not sure about a change a MoCo, he is a stand up guy and seems to be trying to turn around program. He did turn around Pinecrest. I asked on another thread what happened to MoCo posters. They used to be all in on here. I think I may have given several of them vacations a few time. Is there still bitterness over combining schools?
There may be some bitterness. But they are crazy if they don’t embrace it. Great location, excellent facilities and the support of the whole county.
I agree that he did good things at Pinecrest, but Pinecrest is still doing pretty good in his absence.

West Davidson had a “builder of young men” heading their program for a decade or so, and although I support that mindset 100%, it ought to related to more than a couple of wins a year at some point. Montgomery Central has three wins this year against three very weak teams.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT