ADVERTISEMENT

MPC Week 4

ND desperately needs a win. Nuff said.

OG will be favored over North Forsyth. North is looking better but will be outmanned in the trenches.

Ledford rolls and keeps rolling toward a date with OG.

Central toughened the schedule. Lexington is looking much improved but Central should still take this one.

Montgomery Central continues to let the good times roll before it gets cranked up and serious in conference.

Aboro may be able to get one here against PG. Agreed that it will be emotional and interesting how both sides will go with it.

Last edited:
ND vs Walkertown (ND Close)
OG vs North Forsyth (OG Big)
Ledford vs East Davidson (LHS Big)
CD vs Lexington (Jackets)
MC vs Orange County (MC)
Aboro vs Providence Grove (Aboro)

Reactions: BlackKnightNut
I got Walkertown by 7-10. Very surprised North doesn't have a dominant offense this year. Could be a long year for North.

Ledford should try to schedule tougher games. Beating non-competitive teams dont give you brownie points. Come November another early exit.

Oak Grove. Fundamentally sound, not overall very athletic compared to the top teams in 3a. They're still the favorite to win this conference in my eyes

Agree about Ledford, however, it’s pretty much the same teams they play each year non conf. They also struggle with larger schools that are athletic/speed.

I saw the ADMs were posted for Davidson County Schools. Schools 1st day attendance:
Oak Grove- 973
N Davidson- 884
C Davidson- 851
Ledford- 810
W Davidson- 745
E Davidson- 704
S Davidson- 368

Just thought that was neat to share.

ND 41 Walkertown 7 4th quarter
Ledford 49 ED 0 Final
OG 27 NF 0 3rd qtr
CD 23 Lexington 21 3rd qtr
PG 17 Aboro 14 4th qtr

Agree about Ledford, however, it’s pretty much the same teams they play each year non conf. They also struggle with larger schools that are athletic/speed.

I saw the ADMs were posted for Davidson County Schools. Schools 1st day attendance:
Oak Grove- 973
N Davidson- 884
C Davidson- 851
Ledford- 810
W Davidson- 745
E Davidson- 704
S Davidson- 368

Just thought that was neat to share.
What is going on at East at 700? West is growing because of all the building going on down in that part of the county. Poor SD just sitting there starving for kids and empty classrooms. ND finally gets a win heading into conference action. Based on those numbers and what 6 classes coming next time OG could be in a league separate from all the DC schools.

Next realignment should be interesting. East’s numbers are dwindling down each year. Hopefully, West doesn’t continue to grow too much. I don’t see them being very competitive with schools much larger. Ledford is smaller than about 1/3 of the current 2A schools in the state. OG numbers will probably continue to slowly grow.

Montgomery Central gets blanked by Orange County 22-0. I guess the brakes are officially pumped on the Timberwolves now. Maybe just a bad game, maybe they finally played a team with a pulse. We will certainly find out in a couple of weeks.

Reactions: PrepFanNC
Montgomery Central gets blanked by Orange County 22-0. I guess the brakes are officially pumped on the Timberwolves now. Maybe just a bad game, maybe they finally played a team with a pulse. We will certainly find out in a couple of weeks.
It’s time to pull the plug on Montgomery Central’s grand plan. The first two hires looked great on paper, but it’s clear that they didn’t create the culture that they were hoping for.

I was at North Forsyth last night for the Oak Grove game… NF is a mess. The announcer spent the better part of the game trying to keep people off the concourse. At least one fight on the stands and probably more than that. Apparently they’re a weekly occurrence. I don’t leave games early very often, but I left with 4 minutes left to help avoid getting shot, stabbed or pummeled in the parking lot.

I was at North Forsyth last night for the Oak Grove game… NF is a mess. The announcer spent the better part of the game trying to keep people off the concourse. At least one fight on the stands and probably more than that. Apparently they’re a weekly occurrence. I don’t leave games early very often, but I left with 4 minutes left to help avoid getting shot, stabbed or pummeled in the parking lot.
Not trying to defend anything you said that happened. Certainly not a NF fan. The head coach is trying to turn things around up there and the AD is probably one of the best in the county. Those things you described can happen at any HS game.

OBTW, the announcer was inducted into the NF HOF last night. He is about 80 years old and has been announcing NF games for over 40 years.

Not trying to defend anything you said that happened. Certainly not a NF fan. The head coach is trying to turn things around up there and the AD is probably one of the best in the county. Those things you described can happen at any HS game.

OBTW, the announcer was inducted into the NF HOF last night. He is about 80 years old and has been announcing NF games for over 40 years.
What happened at the game Friday night is out of the hands of the coaches and announcer. I’m sure they are attempting to change things. Reagan and West have robbed the cupboards.

What I saw on Friday can not be uncommon at NF. No announcer says “stay off the concourse” that many times in a game unless it’s a common occurrence. There was a plethora of officers swarming the home side.

I hope they get better. There are about three decently talented kids on the JV. That’s about all they have to look forward to.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT