ADVERTISEMENT

MPC Week 8

BlackKnightNut

May 13, 2007
OG vs ND
MC vs Ledford
Aboro vs CD

Well... it's time. Rivalry week for OG and ND. Other than West Forsyth Oak Grove has obliterated everyone. North has found the going tough against a strong schedule but are prepared for conference as a consequence. OG is averaging 44 points a game and ND is giving up 29, which to be fair the defense played their best game of the season last week only giving up 7 on one long pass to MC. OG looks like the best team in the conference but rivalry games are never a for sure thing. I expect the Grizzlies to win but am hoping for a good clean game and not a flag fest which was the case last year.

Ledford will destroy MC.

Central will kill Aboro.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chute Boxe Hero
It is official. Per communication from North Davidson’s athletic director…. Coach Flynn has stepped down from his role as head football coach. He will remain at North in his teaching role for the remainder of the school year.

Cody Bowman will be serving as the interim head coach.

Crazyduke, I changed the wording, though it was probably true, I didn’t feel it was appropriate without hard back up.

Different subject but how do the good folks of the MPC and CCC feel about the newest school OG "The Palace" getting a 250K award for athletic improvements? Some schools in this county are 60-70 years old and OG gets athletic funds for a possible turf field? They need to build a visitor locker room if anything.

7:15 and ND hasn't even shown up yet. Must be warming up at home and driving over at the last minute.

OG squandered a few opportunities, including fumbling on 1st and goal with 45 secs left in the half.

ND is playing more disciplined than OG, but can't get any decent offense going.

24 -7 oak grove pulling away. ND honoring Flynn’s name with dirty PKAY after the whistle

OG 31. ND 7. Final

ND cut it to 10-7 early in the 3rd and looked like they had some momentum. OG gets a 97 yard kick return TD to flip it and ended out scoring 21 straight.

Reactions: Chute Boxe Hero
My phone had terrible service so wasn't able provide updates. Thanks to @M193_55g for doing so.

First half was sloppy for both teams. OG with penalties and ND with offense.

When North closed it to 10-7 it looked like a good game was in the works. OG shut that down quickly with the kickoff return touchdown and played great D the rest of the way while piling up the points with momentum.

Oak Grove should win out unless they lose to Ledford, which they have Ledfords number even though the games have been close.

North will beat Aboro in all likelihood next week but have a lot to work on. The Central game is huge now.

Nut - did you try the guest wifi? That's the only way I can get any service at Oak Grove.

Different subject but how do the good folks of the MPC and CCC feel about the newest school OG "The Palace" getting a 250K award for athletic improvements? Some schools in this county are 60-70 years old and OG gets athletic funds for a possible turf field? They need to build a visitor locker room if anything.
You aren’t wrong. Other schools could use that money better… but this money was available to any and all public schools. A state representative had to do a little leg work. Oak Grove has a section of its district that is served by Donny Lambeth who is a pretty solid public servant. He secured that money for a school in his district (Oak Grove).
No other school in Davidson county is in his district. So.. the question is for folks like Larry Potts, who did NOT identify and secure needed funds for schools in his district.

Reactions: BlackKnightNut
You aren’t wrong. Other schools could use that money better… but this money was available to any and all public schools. A state representative had to do a little leg work. Oak Grove has a section of its district that is served by Donny Lambeth who is a pretty solid public servant. He secured that money for a school in his district (Oak Grove).
No other school in Davidson county is in his district. So.. the question is for folks like Larry Potts, who did NOT identify and secure needed funds for schools in his district.

All I know is you know it’s bad when I was talking to a proud oak grove parent of two and they said Ledford desperately needs that money for their facilities and should be given it.

Last nights games. Like have been a lot worse but Creech missed a few early throws. He’ll need those next week and in the playoffs.

Reactions: PrepFanNC
Ledford should have fixed that way back when they had Wallburg money. Oh well... now when they say "daddy's money" at OG I just point and laugh...

Last thing I’ll say about North Davidson. About 10 years ago or so north Davidson had the absolute, don’t care what school you bring up, best jerseys in the state. They really were just AMAZING. Looked so good. The right mix of orange black and white. Just incredible.

The last 5 years they have looked like absolute cat crap. Last night was no exception. What is this grey? How did they go from the best to a total embarrassment? Oh well.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT