ADVERTISEMENT

MPC Week 9

BlackKnightNut

May 13, 2007
ND vs Aboro
Ledford vs OG
CD vs MC

Ledford welcomes Oak Grove this week in the big one we've all been waiting for. OG has played a tougher schedule but won't be able to take Ledford lightly by any means. This game will decide the conference title and seeding no matter what the flawed RPI rankings say. Ledford is still looking for their first legit win against the Grizzlies since their lone win in the series was against sophomores and juniors. Hearing Ledford might be a bit banged up, we shall see how much effect that has on the game. One predictable thing: Ledford will chant "daddy's money" and OG will respond with "who's your daddy."

Aboro surprised me with how close they played Central. They will have an edge in team speed but are surrendering 37 points a game. North meanwhile is giving up 29 points a game against a much stronger schedule. So this will either be a high scoring close game like the Central game last week or a blowout for North in my opinion.

Central may have to be on their toes. After giving up 35 points to Aboro and 30 per game this year the Central offense is having to outscore their competition which had proven difficult at times. MC played Ledford closer than expected and is looking for their first ever conference win against someone not named Aboro. This one could actually be unexpectedly interesting...

Question is... do I want to go to the North game or the terrible parking that is Ledford? Hmmm... decisions decisions...

As a relative new comer to the board (started reading last season and just recently joined) and also new to NC football as I just moved here just prior to last season, I gotta say kudos to you BlackKnightNut, although it’s obvious you’re a ND fan, from what I’ve read you always seem to share an objective view of the strengths and weaknesses of the games involved even when it isn’t exactly complementary to your team. I can appreciate that!

Now as a parent of kids at OG, I’m hoping for strong wins by both the JV and Varsity team this week!! That said if we want to go deep into the playoffs I’m thinking we need to defend the pass better but also need to open our passing game a bit more……who know

As a relative new comer to the board (started reading last season and just recently joined) and also new to NC football as I just moved here just prior to last season, I gotta say kudos to you BlackKnightNut, although it’s obvious you’re a ND fan, from what I’ve read you always seem to share an objective view of the strengths and weaknesses of the games involved even when it isn’t exactly complementary to your team. I can appreciate that!

Now as a parent of kids at OG, I’m hoping for strong wins by both the JV and Varsity team this week!! That said if we want to go deep into the playoffs I’m thinking we need to defend the pass better but also need to open our passing game a bit more……who know
Welcome to the board, Drifter!

Oak Grove - Ledford is on My48 this week. It's not like being there, but it's better than the visitor's side at Ledford.

Oak Grove needs to clean up some of the mental mistakes from last week. They had way too many pre-snap penalties and some ball security problems that cost them points against ND. Creech wasn't quite as accurate as normal either, sailing a couple of balls that would have been easy TD's.
I hear Ledford might be a little banged up; let's hope everybody is healthy on both sides.

Drifter - sometimes you will see some Middle School talk mixed in with other topics here, but seldom as a topic of its own. Welcome to Preps.

@Drifter955 i am a proud North grad and love my alma mater. That said I have no hate towards OG because I never played against them and live in their district. My kids will likely go to OG one day unless I move somewhere else. Bottom line OG would probably be my 2nd team because of the circumstances and their head coach was a teammate and fellow chorus member when we were in school (he was two years younger) so I have a soft spot for them. Can't say the same for the kitty cats... that's about the only school you will find I am biased against. I am also a Tville fan (the Browns were my coaching idols growing up along with Holcomb) and West because it was where I cut my teeth coaching before the Corps... I am sad to see the state West is in. I also pull for South because of Tripp. His father was my defensive line coach senior year.

For the most part I call it like I see it regardless of loyalties. And even then I can admit when Ledford kicks our ass lol

Understood Nut!! I would be the same for my hometown!

Now do you mean Claude? He was my 12 YO son coach in LL last year (now 7th grade, hence my question about MS earlier) and my boy loved him! Gave my Son a chance and now he’s all in and busting his butt! I’m a bit biased but I think he’s gonna be scary when he hits HS as a RB and either DE or LB on D. Working in his acceleration but has good top end. My sophomore is on JV and 8 qtr, he’s starting to figure the game out and doing well, hoping for a good jump next year for him as well. Both are among the taller kids on their team and planning their offseason workout to get stronger/faster. Also hoping for more passing in HS since running doesn’t benefit my son much, lol. Time will tell.

Reactions: BlackKnightNut
ND vs Aboro
Ledford vs OG
CD vs MC

Ledford welcomes Oak Grove this week in the big one we've all been waiting for. OG has played a tougher schedule but won't be able to take Ledford lightly by any means. This game will decide the conference title and seeding no matter what the flawed RPI rankings say. Ledford is still looking for their first legit win against the Grizzlies since their lone win in the series was against sophomores and juniors. Hearing Ledford might be a bit banged up, we shall see how much effect that has on the game. One predictable thing: Ledford will chant "daddy's money" and OG will respond with "who's your daddy."

Aboro surprised me with how close they played Central. They will have an edge in team speed but are surrendering 37 points a game. North meanwhile is giving up 29 points a game against a much stronger schedule. So this will either be a high scoring close game like the Central game last week or a blowout for North in my opinion.

Central may have to be on their toes. After giving up 35 points to Aboro and 30 per game this year the Central offense is having to outscore their competition which had proven difficult at times. MC played Ledford closer than expected and is looking for their first ever conference win against someone not named Aboro. This one could actually be unexpectedly interesting...

Question is... do I want to go to the North game or the terrible parking that is Ledford? Hmmm... decisions decisions...
I'd take my chance on the terrible parking lot. You'll get out eventually. Unless you go to East Forsyth, you should make it home.

I've only been to East Davidson one time for football. Even then, I remember parking on the other side of the road next to some company.

I did go several times to see Bayley Plummer. She was so fun to watch.
Was at a tailgate for an App football game a few years ago and the women’s basketball team came around raising money for a charity. I told them if they could tell me what school Bayley was from and that the same high school had a 50 foot tall mural of Anna Freeman in the stadium, I’d contribute. Anna had been conference player of the year at App earlier and Bayley was their leading rebounder as a freshman.
They fooled me. Cost me $100.

Can't make it tonight guys. Work calls. Will be listening on radio and checking for updates. Be safe and may everyone be injury free

Reactions: Drifter955
Sorry you’re missing it Nut!

So, according to Max Preps Ledford’s stud RB is #8-Sanford. As mentioned about him being banged up a bit; he is not suited up. In jersey and street clothes. Hate to see injury like that but use any advantage you’ve got.

That said their QB (#3) and main WR (#20) are suited up. Although they are not doing the pregame warmup reps.

After stopping Ledford and forcing a punt OG started on their 21 and after a run or two a Short pass from Creech to #8 who broke off a big play for a 75 yd TD. OG 28-0, 2:09 in 3rd

Just gave up a 75 yd TD run to #21 on the play after our leading tackler went out for a brief injury (looks okay now). PAT good. OG 35 Ledford 7, 8:01 left

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT