ADVERTISEMENT

Max Preps 2a rankings after week 10

I'll get them out soon
That 2a Neuse conference over in the east is interesting. 3-way tie at the top with Princeton, Eastern Wayne, and Beddingfield.

Hard to believe that Eastern Wayne beat Princeton by a larger margin than Clinton did…and then they turn around and lose a heart breaker to Beddingfield.

Go figure?

I agree with you that Princeton gets the champion seed based on RPI……I think?😂

Whiteville lost to Clinton and West Columbus, and beat everybody else pretty soundly including James Kenan, how is Whiteville a joke? I'll wait...........
you'll find out shortly lol. They literally haven't played a soul outside of Clinton and West Columbus. I guess you could say JK but they don't have a good win on their schedule.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
1 - Reidsville1 - Clinton
32 - Madison32 - North Johnston
16 - Shelby16 - James Kenan
17 - Pine Lake Prep17 - Holmes
9 - Burns9 - Louisburg
24 - TW Andrews24 - Martin County
8 - East Surry8 - Cummings
25 - Mount Pleasant25 - Heide Trask
--------------------
4 - Salisbury4 - SW Edgecombe
29 - Lincolnton 🐺29 - Ayden-Grifton
13 - SW Randolph13 - Midway
20 - Anson20 - Eastern Wayne
12 - West Lincoln 💥12 - Hertford County
21 - Chase21 - SE Alamance
5 - Bunker Hill 🐻5 - Wallace-Rose Hill
28 - McMichael28 - South Granville
--------------------
--------------------
2 - Randleman2 - Northeastern
31 - East Rutherford31 - West Bladen
15 - Maiden 🔱15 - Beddingfield
18 - Providence Grove18 - North Pitt
10 - Brevard10 - East Duplin
23 - North Surry23 - Northwood
7 - North Stanly7 - Princeton
26 - Lexington26 - Camden County
--------------------
3 - Monroe3 - Nash Central
30 - Newton-Conover 👿30 - Roanoke Rapids
14 - East Gaston14 - Farmville Central
19 - West Stokes19 - SW Onslow
11 - Forest Hills11 - West Craven
22 - West Stanly22 - St Pauls
6 - CS Davidson6 - Whiteville
27 - Bandys ⚔️27 - Greene Central
--------------------
Five Looking InFive Looking In
East DavidsonRed Springs
TrinityBunn
Wilkes CentralKinston
HendersonvilleNorth Lenoir
WalkertownBartlett Yancey
Thanks for doing this Grizzly. Its always interesting to see how things are playing out. I know it takes some time to do it. And I for one sure wouldn't be able to do it.

9 - Burns9 - Louisburg
--------------------
--------------------
--------------------
--------------------
--------------------
East DavidsonRed Springs
TrinityBunn
Wilkes CentralKinston
Shelby beat EG. EG will finish 3rd in the conference.

Geez, in every projection so far, SWE can't get away from either WRH or Clinton in the 3rd round🤦🏾‍♂️. I like our chances against most, but not against either of them.

9 - Burns9 - Louisburg
--------------------
--------------------
--------------------
--------------------
--------------------
East DavidsonRed Springs
TrinityBunn
Wilkes CentralKinston

Based on this Reidsville has the tough road to western finals(Shelby,Burns, Salisbury, Bunker Hill) with Monroe/Forest Hills having much less of challenge although still challenging enough with each other and East Gaston.

That 2a Neuse conference over in the east is interesting. 3-way tie at the top with Princeton, Eastern Wayne, and Beddingfield.

Hard to believe that Eastern Wayne beat Princeton by a larger margin than Clinton did…and then they turn around and lose a heart breaker to Beddingfield.

Go figure?

I agree with you that Princeton gets the champion seed based on RPI……I think?😂
You can’t base anything on margin of victory ; that could be by playing reserves , running clock etc. Most of Clinton games starters aren’t playing much in 2nd half.

9 - Burns9 - Louisburg
--------------------
--------------------
--------------------
--------------------
--------------------
East DavidsonRed Springs
TrinityBunn
Wilkes CentralKinston

Also whoever gets to Monroe(if they win out and are not upset) is gonna be beat up a bit.

Also anybody who wants to throw on Reidsville, it better be quick fast like a dart and accurate, and dont use the deep ball if you can help it or unless it's a trick play.

I understand that but it's just annoying being seeded lower than teams you've beaten.
Maybe you could make a case that should two teams who played in the regular season meet again in the playoffs, the higher-seeded team should get home field for that game only regardless of r.p.i. But it would be literally impossible to make sure that no team would have a lower r.p.i. than a team it defeated. Take a simple 3-team round-robin tournament, for example in a youth baseball tournament:
Team A defeats Team B
Team B defeats Team C
Team C defeats Team A

All 3 teams have a 1-1 record, in which case you usually go to run differential.
Imagine taking all 256 playoff teams against all 4 classifications and reseeding so no one is seeded below a team they defeated in the regular season. There may be a super computer somewhere that could figure it out (though don't see how it's mathematically possible w/o including score differentials), but much easier just to say "r.p.i. rules" than trying to explain to somebody like me how they came up with potentially a drastically reconfigured bracket.

They need to use the same RPI system they have now but just only use games in your classification. Conf champions should be guaranteed to get in but other than that go by RPI in your classification.

WRH is a great example. Their winning percentage is low this year because they played Havelock and Hoggard. And those two teams (OWP) is against mostly 3A and 4A teams.

They need to use the same RPI system they have now but just only use games in your classification. Conf champions should be guaranteed to get in but other than that go by RPI in your classification.

WRH is a great example. Their winning percentage is low this year because they played Havelock and Hoggard. And those two teams winning percentage (OWP) is against mostly 3A and 4A teams.

Reactions: WrhDog448
Had you rather play ED🤣🤣
Nope lol.
I'm just talking about the teams that the projections keep showing us running into should we make it to round 3. It keeps being either WRH or Clinton. But ED would be a problem too.
Although....I do recall the last time we met ED in the playoffs. #2 ED hosted #15 SWE in the first round. Epic game in which SWE scored the winning TD in the final 30 seconds. Then we got our @ss handed to us at Bunn in round 2 lol.

Geez, in every projection so far, SWE can't get away from either WRH or Clinton in the 3rd round🤦🏾‍♂️. I like our chances against most, but not against either of them.
Lol welcome to the playoffs! ED is in there too!! When you going to start a thread on our game?? I been waiting for you since it’s at your house!! 😊😊

Nope lol.
I'm just talking about the teams that the projections keep showing us running into should we make it to round 3. It keeps being either WRH or Clinton. But ED would be a problem too.
Although....I do recall the last time we met ED in the playoffs. #2 ED hosted #15 SWE in the first round. Epic game in which SWE scored the winning TD in the final 30 seconds. Then we got our @ss handed to us at Bunn in round 2 lol.
I’m just catching up in this thread. Winning at ED is no easy feat. To do it in the playoffs is even bigger! I imagine that is a great memory.

WRH is a great example. Their winning percentage is low this year because they played Havelock and Hoggard. And those two teams (OWP) is against mostly 3A and 4A teams.
Even that Wrh teams all had excellent seasons Clinton undefeated havelock undefeated hoggard losing 1 game I get what u saying but look at the Rpi of those teams probably very good strong Rpi cases in their conferences our winning percentage should be down but we played 3 bonified teams Clinton being the top and fav to win it all maybe Wrh will jump a team or two in the final Rpi!!

Otis, your team, W Craven, could cause some trouble in the playoffs as well, they were s good team at the beginning of the season and only getting better
We’ve been able to stay healthy so far. I was disappointed with our defense the last 2 games. We will need a total team effort this week at SWE

Lol welcome to the playoffs! ED is in there too!! When you going to start a thread on our game?? I been waiting for you since it’s at your house!! 😊😊
I'll have something to say starting tomorrow. Been dealing with a little with some personal problems the last few days.

I'll have something to say starting tomorrow. Been dealing with a little with some personal problems the last few days.
I’m sorry to hear that. Hope everything works out okay. I enjoy your post on here. I said a couple of years ago I’d like to see SWE win some and that’s because of you. They have certainly got my attention now!!

Reactions: O&B Attack
I’m just catching up in this thread. Winning at ED is no easy feat. To do it in the playoffs is even bigger! I imagine that is a great memory.
Oh, it was. We came in at 5-5, and they were a 1 loss squad. They hung on to a 22-26 lead and had us down to 4th down at their 5 with 30 some seconds left. We executed a beautiful play action pass (only pass of the game from us), and then got the 2 to make it a touchdown or bust game. We went crazy! I remember it clearly. Later in life, I dated someone from Beaulaville whose brother was on that team. I made sure he didn't like me. His sister doesn't like me anymore either, but that's another story.

Oh, it was. We came in at 5-5, and they were a 1 loss squad. They hung on to a 22-26 lead and had us down to 4th down at their 5 with 30 some seconds left. We executed a beautiful play action pass (only pass of the game from us), and then got the 2 to make it a touchdown or bust game. We went crazy! I remember it clearly. Later in life, I dated someone from Beaulaville whose brother was on that team. I made sure he didn't like me. His sister doesn't like me anymore either, but that's another story.
I remember that game. ED had just lost to Northside Jacksonville for the conference title the week before in a close game. Back then Northside was a powerhouse every year. I was thinking if we can get back to them ED will beat them but SWE came in and shocked ED round one. Just goes to show you in playoff football better be ready or it's over.

I remember that game. ED had just lost to Northside Jacksonville for the conference title the week before in a close game. Back then Northside was a powerhouse every year. I was thinking if we can get back to them ED will beat them but SWE came in and shocked ED round one. Just goes to show you in playoff football better be ready or it's over.
For sure. We had a first round stinker at home vs Beddingfield a while ago in which we were clearly the better team, and had just beaten them easily 2 weeks prior at their place. In single elimination, sometimes the luckiest team advances, not the best team.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT