ADVERTISEMENT

Shelby at East Gaston.!!!

shelbyfan1

Aug 22, 2011
Ok lets hear what folks are thinking...
East only 1 loss, which was to Burns fri. And East gave the Bulldogs fits.
Shelby looks better then start of year, but how do u really tell with conf. We play in.
Can East dbs hang with speed Shelby has at Rec spots..
I think like Burns Shelby wins by at least 2 scores.
Just cant get caught looking ahead to Burns

I think y'all will be fine. It looks like we banged them up pretty good. But they will not quit, I promise you that. They are tough in the trenches too. Running backs are very good and I can't speak high enough over the QB. He is a gamer. He got popped several times but kept coming back. He's not the most accurate passer, or best runner, but he will play harder than anyone (Tim Tebow like). Their pass defense is suspect, which I think will be the difference in the game. Just don't get caught looking ahead to next week and you'll be fine.

I'm hoping we respond and don't come out flat. I'm not sure if we had any serious injuries. Coming out of the Burns game I think we proved we are better than the experts gave us credit for...including me.
I agree with that. Although, I don't think we are as good as the "experts" say we are. With an inexperienced defense coming into the season, that was always going to be the question mark. And unfortunately, playing the schedule that we have to play, doesn't give us good practice. So the improvements on that side of the ball has been hard to come by.

I agree with BBB & egfan. East Gaston is definitely better than the "experts" say & Burns isn't as good as the "experts" say. I have a feeling Burns is gonna struggle in a 2nd round game honestly.

But this game, I gotta go Shelby simply because of EGs secondary. That's by far EGs weakness. But EG will keep it close, especially at home, Shelby pulls away late though.

49-28 Shelby

Reactions: Smithboy99
This game (and Burns-Shelby next week) are huge in west seeding. A loss by us Friday likely will cost us a 1st round home game.

Reactions: notanyonesfan
I agree with BBB & egfan. East Gaston is definitely better than the "experts" say & Burns isn't as good as the "experts" say. I have a feeling Burns is gonna struggle in a 2nd round game honestly.

But this game, I gotta go Shelby simply because of EGs secondary. That's by far EGs weakness. But EG will keep it close, especially at home, Shelby pulls away late though.

49-28 Shelby
Our safety is a freshman. We lost our starting safety in the Cramer game and he hasn't returned. Rowe (another DB) is likely out now too.

Shelby's O-Line will be a huge part of this game. EG defensive line gave us hell in the first half. We could not run on them well. If Shelby can give Farmer time he will have a lot of options. EG big #22 gave us hell too. Once he got to the second level he was gone. Kid is a monster. Shelby cannot arm tackle him. I think Shelby wins but EG will go down fighting. Very tough team.

Yes just left Shelby Practice coach said same varsity Thur. And jv on Mon

Ladies and Gentleman, I present to you....

308069610_458166442998410_6885977650373616048_n.jpg

Shelby holds east 3 and out again ... two penalties on guess who during punt... LOL

1st and 10 Shelby on our 20.....

Tate long run and guess what A PENALTY on east this time

Fun fact Shelby has thrown the ball i think 3 times so far first half......

As soon as I type that the very next play we go deep and we throw ANOTHER interception....

Reactions: Maiden Creek
East goes for it 4th and 11 from our 33... TD pass in corner

Shelby 35-13 fourth had jut started (went for two and didnt get it)
Egfan- is 77 and 71 out now? That’s killer. Yall were not lying about injuries. The pregame show mentioned it and I didn’t realize yall got that banged up last week. Hope they recover for playoffs. Shelby defended the run well but if 71 and 77 are out it makes much more sense.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT