ADVERTISEMENT

Chase @Shelby

shelbyfan1

Aug 22, 2011
Well to start with Chase gave Burns a hard fought game, which with a new head coach, which came from Burns we all expected it.
Chase has alot of athletes every year, just not been the right coaching.
Maybe there's a start of something new up there.
As for Rs vs Shelby, man they gave us a dogfight, we were without our 2 of our best Dline men but no excuses.
Shelby has all the pieces and talent, but just young and this group hasn't played together.
I'm still loving the running game we got, we gotta get this new rec group going
We held our own in middle against a very good Rs running game, but our corners killed us, not to mention all the 3rd downs we had them in only to jump off sides,giving 1st down away.
Rs will surprise some teams this year.
Anyway I think Wilbanks and crew will work on mistakes this week, should have our D lineman back, and we will be fine.
Shelby 35- Chase 10

Last edited:
Reactions: notanyonesfan
Well to start with Chase gave Burns a hard fought game, which with a new head coach, which came from Burns we all expected it.
Chase has alot of athletes every year, just not been the right coaching.
Maybe there's a start of something new up there.
As for Rs vs Shelby, man they gave us a dogfight, we were without our 2 of our best Dline men but no excuses.
Shelby has all the pieces and talent, but just young and this group hasn't played together.
I'm still loving the running game we got, we gotta get this new rec group going
We held our own in middle against a very good Rs running game, but our corners killed us, not to mention all the 3rd downs we had them in only to jump off sides,giving 1st down away.
Rs will surprise some teams this year.
Anyway I think Wilbanks and crew will work on mistakes this week, should have our D lineman back, and we will be fine.
Shelby 35- Chase 10

Shelby wasn't ready to play. I do believe RS is better this year, and on the right track but let's not get beside ourselves here. I expect a blow out Friday, as last week should have been a wakeup call. Our running game should be the focus, until our young receivers get it together. What happened to all the screens we used to run? I would get Tyler and Malaki some passes in space.

This is a weird year but we'll be fine in a few weeks. Nobody on this schedule can beat us. Period.

Shelby wasn't ready to play. I do believe RS is better this year, and on the right track but let's not get beside ourselves here. I expect a blow out Friday, as last week should have been a wakeup call. Our running game should be the focus, until our young receivers get it together. What happened to all the screens we used to run? I would get Tyler and Malaki some passes in space.

This is a weird year but we'll be fine in a few weeks. Nobody on this schedule can beat us. Period.

I slightly disagree with your statement. Everybody on Shelby's schedule CAN beat them, but maybe none should. Any given Friday my friend

I agree we have target on our back defending 2aa champs everybody wants to beat us,and will give best shot nothing to lose.
I hate the sideline pass we do, if it's picked its 6 pts.
Middle of field open in high school fb.
Use that great running game to open it up and start hitting the flats.
I do belive our D will step back up.,to much talent there,and young in places

NOBODY I MEAN NOBODY CAN BEAT US PERIOD!!!!!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: Ooooner
All jokes aside mountie, what sport and when is the last state championship won at Km

Reactions: UNC91
Xchamp no excuse but I know if those 2 would have been on both corners the 200 yards rushing by Rs would be lot less.
Rs like South Point has that offense down to a T.
We work each week to get better, always have.
It was a win but hard fought game.
They work on it this week and move forward

No Gabe Huitt Sr. Family from Shelby but moved to Rock Hill he played 2 yrs at Nation Ford, Family moved back last year, he's a Sr.

Oh cool I didnt know the 6star second coming of Roger Staubach ended up transferring
You would have thought that had you seen a comment on Facebook by the Shelby poster you once loved the most, who no longer posts on here, just lurks. He said the young man can be one of the best quarterbacks Shelby has ever head, but the shortened season won’t reflect it, stat wise. Talking completely out of his ass in going back and forth with a Burns guy who said Shelby’s air attack doesn’t look as potent as years past. He was wrong in his judgement, too, however, especially after one game. The running game was clicking, and it was raining. There was no need to sling it.

The young man had an efficient game vs East Gaston. I think he threw for 108 yards, the best 108 yards in the history of the school, though, according to..... The running game couldn’t be stopped, so he only needed to manage the game, as was the case vs RS, too.

Last edited:
LA, I myself think Shelby may lean alittle on run for awhile, till we get rec crew going, Thompson still nursing a ankle,
Now this week Tyler want play.
Also some great backs on JV team too.
Plus a stud in 8th grade im hearing about.
As for Lee I love all the kids and hope he keeps working hard., his times a comming.
But again there still try to work the pieces together, all the talents there.
We just need to improve week to week.
To many pentlys last week.

I think he will be better too. Great kid as well.
I ran into someone during the preseason, someone who is closer to the program than even shelbyfan1 is. He told me that the young man made such a huge leap from last year, that the coaches were just going to let him and the transfer battle for the position.. That’s a good problem to have, though, having a very capable, highly thought of kid as the backup.

LA, I myself think Shelby may lean alittle on run for awhile, till we get rec crew going, Thompson still nursing a ankle,
Now this week Tyler want play.
Also some great backs on JV team too.
Plus a stud in 8th grade im hearing about.
As for Lee I love all the kids and hope he keeps working hard., his times a comming.
But again there still try to work the pieces together, all the talents there.
We just need to improve week to week.
To many pentlys last week.
I haven’t seen Shelby this year, between this online bs and my work schedule. But, I knew in advance, and was told about the great backs going into this season, so I think this Shelby team will be a little different anyway, more run, pass balanced than years past, which isn’t a bad thing.

Last edited:
Coming into the season, we all knew that Omar was going to be a problem, poised for a big season. Adams is a burner, and a third back, I cant think of his name, you would know. I hear he’s very good, too.

Last edited:
Yeah Bridges, also Key on jv kid is a burner...
I got to get over and see middle school they say it's loaded, one 8th grade lineman 6-0 280, Degree says maybe best lineman ever through Shelby middle,he's hugh

Yeah Bridges, also Key on jv kid is a burner...
I got to get over and see middle school they say it's loaded, one 8th grade lineman 6-0 280, Degree says maybe best lineman ever through Shelby middle,he's hugh
6'0" & 280 in 8th grade? Sheesh, those school lunches must be a lot better than they were when I was in school lol

Another Crest recruit at QB
Trade off Crest has TJ Ruff from us
Here’s a fun fact. Borders tried to transfer back to Shelby, before school started, and he was denied. The young man still often wears Shelby apparel till this day.. Ruff and Borders, that’s some serious Shelby fire power that Crest is benefiting from.

Here’s a fun fact. Borders tried to transfer back to Shelby, before school started, and he was denied. The young man still often wears Shelby apparel till this day.. Ruff and Borders, that’s some serious Shelby fire power that Crest is benefiting from.
You right Crest got the better of that deal because Ruff Is the most electrifying athlete in County and Borders is capable of making big plays. Huitt is unknown at this time but should adjust as the season goes on.

I've seen both Chase and Shelby play in person this year...here''s my impression of both:

Chase -
Great playmakers at the skill positions:
WR/DB - Miller (#8) - a threat every time he touches the football
RB - Wilkins (#5) - good runner, didn't get many carries against Burns
WR - Boykins (#3) - Very good pass-catcher and overall athlete - could play any skill position and play it well
WR - Derisma (#6) - Good hands, good athlete
WR/DB - Richardson (#7) - Played well on both sides of the ball
DE - Mills (#16) - Beast - Surely getting D1 offers
LB - Hicks (#9) - Nose for the ball, big hitter, sneaky speed
QB - Hampton (#2) - Good runner, decent passer, makes good decisions
Kicking game is a question mark - got FG blocked last week and short kickoffs. Punting was good, but had a couple of errant snaps, both low and high

Shelby -
A lot of talent to replace and may take a little while
Return only 1 starting OL - which is a good one (Gash #56) - Committed to Lenoir-Rhyne
Transfer T from Hough is very big kid (6'6" 300+ lbs)
Play FR, SO, JR at other spots at various times, as well as another SR
WRs - Only returned 1 of 4 starters - getting some depth by using the Arringtons at both WR and DB
Shell, Williams, Bridges getting some key catches, as well
RBs are very good: Phillips, Adams, Petty give different skillsets
DEF switched from 4-3 to 3-4, and haven't seen the front 7 play together yet as they've had players out both games - I think when healthy can be very good
DBs are very good - Both Arringtons, Hopper, Petty/Adams
Kicking game is solid

Reactions: SPRaiders78
You would have thought that had you seen a comment on Facebook by the Shelby poster you once loved the most, who no longer posts on here, just lurks. He said the young man can be one of the best quarterbacks Shelby has ever head, but the shortened season won’t reflect it, stat wise. Talking completely out of his ass in going back and forth with a Burns guy who said Shelby’s air attack doesn’t look as potent as years past. He was wrong in his judgement, too, however, especially after one game. The running game was clicking, and it was raining. There was no need to sling it.

The young man had an efficient game vs East Gaston. I think he threw for 108 yards, the best 108 yards in the history of the school, though, according to..... The running game couldn’t be stopped, so he only needed to manage the game, as was the case vs RS, too.

Why pass when you can just pound it?

Im sure our buddy will return by years end, at the latest. Things are gonna get interesting this fall without a split playoff.

Hell, they are gonna get interesting in 5 weeks. Less teams making the playoffs, 8 random drawn conference champions.... what's the best bbq in Cleveland County?

Both Bridges are good, Reds is on 74 by mall
Alston Bridges is on Grover St by Hospital,
And there's Flying Pig by Shelby Air Port its good too.

Reactions: smashmouth5
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT