ADVERTISEMENT

Chase @Shelby

Here’s a fun fact. Borders tried to transfer back to Shelby, before school started, and he was denied. The young man still often wears Shelby apparel till this day.. Ruff and Borders, that’s some serious Shelby fire power that Crest is benefiting from.
You put those two with this QB we have and it's showtime. That's what we are lacking is speed at the WR spot.

Reactions: Shelby Lion
Thompson gets ankle heeled up he a burner, we be fine with him and Tyler A.

Why pass when you can just pound it?

Im sure our buddy will return by years end, at the latest. Things are gonna get interesting this fall without a split playoff.

Hell, they are gonna get interesting in 5 weeks. Less teams making the playoffs, 8 random drawn conference champions.... what's the best bbq in Cleveland County?

Sounds like you think something maybe brewing for the playoffs hmmm

Sounds like you think something maybe brewing for the playoffs hmmm

If they seed football like they did basketball, then conference champions will be drawn at random and you could have some monstrous first round matchups.

If Rams and Shelby get the 4th and 5th straw, they will play each other ROUND 1

Reactions: PBBear51
If they seed football like they did basketball, then conference champions will be drawn at random and you could have some monstrous first round matchups.

But seems like you think they will be small 2a. In which I agree

Incorrect. They can only play in the first round if one finishes first and the other finishes second in their conference. It could happen if Burns upsets Shelby but the Bulldogs are not favored to do so.

EDIT: You might be right, if they subdivide.

No Gabe Huitt Sr. Family from Shelby but moved to Rock Hill he played 2 yrs at Nation Ford, Family moved back last year, he's a Sr.
In a short season as this and next year starting right after this year I would go with the 10th grader and build around him...no insult to the senior a compliment to the sop. What do you think?

Soph. Is playing on Jv and playing in 2nd half of blowout games on varsity, I'm sure that's how it will payout this year

Reactions: Lawn12Dog
Personally I think that would be a hard sell to the team as well. We think this year isn’t that important so we are going to play the younger guy.

Reactions: shelbyfan1
Personally I think that would be a hard sell to the team as well. We think this year isn’t that important so we are going to play the younger guy.
Yea i get that but shelby will win it with either one and the younger kid is really good from what I hear .

A conversation between you, some other former Lions and a diehard, former Bulldog. Is that more appropriate than “back and forth”? I’m not “friends” with whoever started that discussion, but screenshots were sent to me while I’m working. One of the Shelby guys was accusing the Burns guy of hating on Shelby, something that he’s been known to do. But, he’s a Burns diehard, a former great player himself, so what do we expect from a rival.

The Burns guy was kind of feeling himself, though, after Burns beat South Point in Belmont, which is very hard to do. But, South Point hasn’t been South Point since ‘17. Anyway, bro apparently saw that Shelby didn’t have a ton of yards passing. He said Shelby passing game looks suspect, after one game, which was ridiculous. He also pointed out the fire power Shelby lost, offensively, from last year, which is a fact.

Once, he made that comment, here you come with that bs proclamation. All of these decades of football excellence at SHS, and seeing the likes of Norris Hopper, Daryl “Batmite” Montgomery, Darquez Lee, Isaiah Bess, Chad Holbrook, Therome George, RJ George, to name a few, ..... you say that lame ish.

Dude, I get it. He’s the “first” in over two decades to play the position. Three decades, if you’re just counting Holbrook. I remember some Strickland kid beginning as the starter around 2000. Anyway, It’s refreshing to many, you’re warm and fuzzy over it. But, pump the brakes, and let the youngin earn it. He’s played two games! Don’t take a dump on Shelby’s history like that.

You mentioned his Hudl. I watched his Hudl when it was said way back that he’s transferring. It was good vs good SC competition. The youngin seemed poised, read defenses well, kept plays alive with his feet, and showed good mobility when needed. The lack of a deep ball was a concern of mine, though. Pump the brakes, though, man.

Last edited:
Dude, I get it. He’s the “first” in over two decades to play the position. Three decades, if you’re just counting Holbrook. I remember some Strickland kid beginning as the starter around 2000. Anyway, It’s refreshing to many, you’re warm and fuzzy over it. But, pump the brakes, and let the youngin earn it. He’s played two games! Don’t take a dump on Shelby’s history like that.
What do you mean “first in over 2 decades to play the position”?

A conversation between you, some other former Lions and a diehard, former Bulldog. Is that more appropriate than “back and forth”? I’m not “friends” with whoever started that discussion, but screenshots were sent to me while I’m working. One of the Shelby guys was accusing the Burns guy of hating on Shelby, something that he’s been known to do. But, he’s a Burns diehard, a former great player himself, so what do we expect from a rival.

The Burns guy was kind of feeling himself, though, after Burns beat South Point in Belmont, which is very hard to do. But, South Point hasn’t been South Point since ‘17. Anyway, bro apparently saw that Shelby didn’t have a ton of yards passing. He said Shelby passing game looks suspect, after one game, which was ridiculous. He also pointed out the fire power Shelby lost, offensively, from last year, which is a fact.

Once, he made that comment, here you come with that bs proclamation. All of these decades of football excellence at SHS, and seeing the likes of Norris Hopper, Daryl “Batmite” Montgomery, Darquez Lee, Isaiah Bess, Chad Holbrook, Therome George, RJ George, to name a few, ..... you say that lame ish.

You mentioned his Hudl. I watched his Hudl when it was said way back that he’s transferring. It was good vs good SC competition. The youngin seemed poised, read defenses well, kept plays alive with his feet, and showed good mobility when needed. The lack of a deep ball was a concern of mine, though. Pump the brakes, though, man.

I'm gonna be honest....you cut me....you cut me real deep. In all the talks you and I have had about our storied program, never one time has race entered the conversation....why is it now? I could care less what color the kid is....we all bleed the same. Warm and fuzzy...that's bs man. There was talks about the Gaffney QB coming to Shelby last year during basketball season...I got really excited about that...warm and fuzzy as you would say....he could have been one of the best ever.

My proclamation was "he could be one of the best ever". We have been fortunate to have had a lot of bests. I feel like I got to snap the ball to the best to ever do it at Shelby, Norris, but it depends on what determines the best. If it is passing stats, then it's not Norris.

I watched his HUDL, looked like a great passer to me. Great passers are successful with the new offense Ware introduced at Shelby. A great passer with an offense that has been putting up thousands of passing yards each year could lead to "one of the best ever".

I'm not the one needing to pump the brakes....please don't jump to race man....you and I are too good of friends to bring that into this.

Last edited:
What do you mean “first in over 2 decades to play the position”?
You know what the heck I meant. Miss me with any sensitivities you have. While on any social media, go to the comments section of any article that features LeBron James, then ask me if I give a damn. You, yourself, once made a cotton picking joke on here towards me, and I made light of it. I saw this morning where Meyers Leonard made an anti Semitic slur, and some people were so nonchalant and dismissive of it, talking about, “what a world of wussies people are now”. Now, here you are asking me about my comments. Hypocrisy at its finest! If you don’t like what I post, there’s an ignore button. Have a great day!

Last edited:
Reactions: tarheel fan1
You know what the heck I meant. Miss me with any sensitivities you have. While on any social media, go to the comments section of any article that features LeBron James, then ask me if I give a damn. You, yourself, once made a cotton picking joke on here towards me, and I made light of it. I saw this morning where Meyers Leonard made an anti Semitic slur, and some people were so nonchalant and dismissive of it, talking about, “what a world of wussies people are now”. Now, here you are asking me about my comments. Hypocrisy at its finest! If you don’t like what I post, there’s an ignore button. Have a great day!
First white QB in many years is how i took it.......Burns went 15 years between Troy Goss and Cam Barbee. I didnt find it offensive as i am hard to offend. LA you remember the West Lincoln fan base was pissed at me for saying they too many crackers to keep up with yall a few years back...it was just a joke as you know. At the end of the day there is so much pressue to win, expecially in Cleveland County, that the the best player plays the position to get the W...end of story. I made a post about your QB situation earlier it was just my opinion. I dont think your Coach cares what i think but thats what these types of boards are for. While many think being a high school football coach is a fun and exciting job it is not one i would want for no mans money.

Wait just a moment

So Check out Lawndogs Quoted message it shows "mountie pride" said at the top

Then Check out above that where Lion attack quoted the same message it shows XChamp15 at the top

What kind of sorcery is this????? Hmmmmmmm

Wait just a moment

So Check out Lawndogs Quoted message it shows "mountie pride" said at the top

Then Check out above that where Lion attack quoted the same message it shows XChamp15 at the top

What kind of sorcery is this????? Hmmmmmmm
Lol. I just saw that. . You have caught on to something.

Some friendly reminders for the Shelby faithful:
Shelby Middle School (3-0, with 3 shutouts) plays Thursday at Shelby High at 5 pm vs East Rutherford - come support the future Golden Lions...Shelby High JV travels to Chase, as well, tonight. Shelby High Varsity hosts Chase Friday night - listen in at 1390 AM / 101.5 FM - WOHS or on www.ktcbroadcasting.com

Reactions: smashmouth5
I agree with TrueDynasty. Why did you feel the need to comment on the race of the new QB? Plus I have no idea what your talking about cotton picking.

Shelby 42 Chase 6 (a late garbage time score for the Trojans).

From watching the video of the Burns Chase game... Chase does have some playmakers on defense to stop Shelby a time or two, but won't be nearly enough... Offensively Burns put all kinds of pressure of the Chase QB & he did not handle it well

I agree with TrueDynasty. Why did you feel the need to comment on the race of the new QB? Plus I have no idea what your talking about cotton picking.
XChamp i have always found you to be a classy poster and don't see you making a comment of that nature....MP on the other hand could be the 4th stooge. It appears PREPS has some type of software issue going on.

Shelby Jvs 48-0
Also undefeated Shelby Middle beats undefeated East Rutherford 27-6
Looks like alot of talent for next few years..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT