ADVERTISEMENT

Chase @Shelby

Every year is a little different. There are years that I would argue that the 2A champion would wipe the floor with the 3AA champion, and other years the 2A champion would lose in the 1st Round of the 3AA playoffs. One could argue that both the 2015 and 2016 Shelby teams could've been threats to win 2A/2AA/3A/3AA championships. Those teams went 31-1, with only a 40-33 loss to Crest, a game that could've gone either way and went down to the wire. Shelby played multiple 3A and 3AA playoff teams those years...Freedom, A.C. Reynolds, Burns, Kings Mountain, Crest, and South Point. 2006 Shelby was also undefeated and beat 4A North Mecklenburg and 3A Crest, Kings Mountain, Freedom, Ashbrook, and Brevard...

2003 Shelby beat Crest, who went on to win state championship. 2004 Shelby and Crest played one of the all-time best games I've ever seen, with Crest winning 38-35...Crest won the 3AA championships both years and Shelby lost in the 2A Western final in 2003 and the 2A State Championship in 2004. Not much difference in 2A/2AA/3A/3AA those years.

This is true, it depends on the the year. I know 2017 2a was really good. Shelby and reidsville have had teams that could go against almost anyone these last years. Mixed in with a few other dangerous 2a teams

“In this situation, the biggest winner is Hunter Huss and the rest of Big South 3A. Initially planned to be part of a split 1A/2A league with Bessemer City, Burns, Cherryville, East Gaston, Highland Tech, Shelby and Thomas Jefferson, the school’s administration won an appeal to continue play with its current conference foes.”

🤡's - That split conference is the most pitiful thing I have ever seen. When attending those games please wear a bag over your heads.

“In this situation, the biggest winner is Hunter Huss and the rest of Big South 3A. Initially planned to be part of a split 1A/2A league with Bessemer City, Burns, Cherryville, East Gaston, Highland Tech, Shelby and Thomas Jefferson, the school’s administration won an appeal to continue play with its current conference foes.”

🤡's - That split conference is the most pitiful thing I have ever seen. When attending those games please wear a bag over your heads.

I agree with you 100%. Any AD in the new proposed conference that did not appeal is a DA.

Now Rulz

You know better than that, we win so much we are spoiled, we dont actually go to any games any more... Not until at least the semi-finals and finals....

LOL
As information. I’m not hating on Shelby football. It speaks for its self. Your coaches and kids will play anyone. They had the balls to go down to South Carolina a couple of years back. I got respect for that.

I’m talking to whoever is in charge over there. They should have begged out of that mess. Shelby could play up in the Big South and be a threat every single year.

Before I forget it. Burns too. Bessemer City and Thomas Freaking Jefferson. 🤮 If it was Crest and it almost was I’d say the same thing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lion Attack
Approached a dude at the Y a couple of weeks ago named John Hicks. He looked about 6’4”, and he had on a Tar Heel hat. I approached him, because for some odd reason, I thought that he could have been this dude named John Page that I once met. Anyway the guy has a son that attends and plays ball at TJ. He ranted about the conference, talking about they, the TJ folks, are raising hell about being in the conference with Shelby, football wise.

What’s interesting to me, though, about this, I’ve seen TJ people on Facebook chirping at Shelby fans in recent years, talking as if they really wanted that smoke, as the kids would say. My son had a very close friend on those teams, the kid transferred from Shelby before the 2016 season. He chirped, too. Now, their fan base is crying, talking as if they shouldn’t even field a team in the fall.

Anyway, this conference is ridiculous, period. It’s going to hurt the gate and recruiting at SHS. It should have been contested to the fullest.

Last edited:

I was hoping when I heard Huss was staying 3A that they would change ours. Instead they just moved Huss to the Big South and called it a day.

When I first saw this conference I thought it was a joke. Put the best athletes from all those teams together and they can't beat shelby and burns. I heard Burns had a home and home with 4a Watauga. They are no football power but my gosh freaking Cherryville?

Reactions: notanyonesfan
YUP. Ruff and Borders are sorely missed this year. Hollifield on defense as well. Huitt doesnt transfer to Shelby if Ruff is still there.
I think Huitt does transfer even if Ruff is there. Now Huitt isn't the athlete Ruff is but Ruff isn't the passing QB that Huitt is. If Ruff and Borders were at Shelby this year it would be like a pinball game. Especially since our defense can't stop anything.

Definitely. I feel like Ware would have protested this. We better have some 4A out of conference games.

I would wager Burns and Shelby did protest, but no help from the other proposed conference members. I can't believe the school board has sit on their hands, as this will impact athletic budgets for the 2 Cleveland county schools for sure.

I would wager Burns and Shelby did protest, but no help from the other proposed conference members. I can't believe the school board has sit on their hands, as this will impact athletic budgets for the 2 Cleveland county schools for sure.
I cant see AD White and Coach D happy with this conference. Someone told me that the 1A''s are exicted about having Burns and Shelby in their conference as it will make them better---yea right. If you believe that i have some ocean front property in Belwood for sale.

Reactions: burnsbulldogtweeter
If by making them better they mean making dirt and cleats taste good I can see that. This has to be a joke. TJ will get abused. Cherryville - LOL - Bessemer City - Give me a freaking break. I tell you what will happen. the gates will suck maybe not this year, but next year no one is paying to see this.

Thomas Jefferson is going to find out real quick that they may have a nice cushy place to go to school but when the bus gets unloaded and the speed is on display and the clock is continually running after the first quarter. They'll be the ones begging out.

It’s going to get a lot more competitive with no more split classes. Plus I want to see what reidsville can do vs some of these 2aa teams that no nothing of us.

Isn't Reidsville ducking 2A and moving down to 1A now that there are only 4 state championships?

No, and no one from reidsville wanted to go to 1a. Anyway you guys maybe small 2a, so maybe we’ll meet up
Y’all boys are sounding unbeatable after crushing a sophomore quarterback led 1A team, as you should have, then crushing one of the worst 4A teams in the state, just as you did to a pathetic 4A High Point Central the previous season, only to lose later to the eventual 1AA State Champs. Moving into the no.1 spot by default.🥱🙄 I’ve read the posts. Stay humble, my guys.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Ooooner
Isn't Reidsville ducking 2A and moving down to 1A now that there are only 4 state championships?

Nope, but I heard Cleveland County Schools was the biggest proponent of getting kids back in schools so Shelby can continue the tradition of inflating their ADMS to stay 2AA one more season.

Y’all boys are sounding unbeatable after crushing a sophomore quarterback led 1A team, as you should have, then crushing one of the worst 4A teams in the state, just as you did to a pathetic 4A High Point Central the previous season, only to lose later to the eventual 1AA State Champs. Moving into the no.1 spot by default.🥱🙄 I’ve read the posts. Stay humble, my guys.

When did Reidsville play Enloe or South Meck?

I

All I said was maybe we’ll meet up.

Yet, some of you are sounding as if you had beaten Vance or Mallard Creek. It was lowly Ragsdale. Chill! They haven’t been relevant since Tony Baker played for them.

True... But hitting a running clock on a well coached 4A team with some college talent aint nothing to sneeze at by any means.

So are the Shelby teams since those years.
True... But hitting a running clock on a well coached 4A team with some college talent aint nothing to sneeze at by any means.

They aren’t as bad as central either. They finished 2nd in the conference and lost to east Forsyth by 13 in last year’s playoffs. Doubt they finish 2nd this season through

Approached a dude at the Y a couple of weeks ago named John Hicks. He looked about 6’4”, and he had on a Tar Heel hat. I approached him, because for some odd reason, I thought that he could have been this dude named John Page that I once met. Anyway the guy has a son that attends and plays ball at TJ. He ranted about the conference, talking about they, the TJ folks, are raising hell about being in the conference with Shelby, football wise.

What’s interesting to me, though, about this, I’ve seen TJ people on Facebook chirping at Shelby fans in recent years, talking as if they really wanted that smoke, as the kids would say. My son had a very close friend on those teams, the kid transferred from Shelby before the 2016 season. He chirped, too. Now, their fan base is crying, talking as if they shouldn’t even field a team in the fall.

Anyway, this conference is ridiculous, period. It’s going to hurt the gate and recruiting at SHS. It should have been contested to the fullest.
Lmao TJ visitors side want hold all the cheerleaders y’all got and not to mention not enough parking. Usually opposing teams only have about 60 fans

The “Strutting Eagle Lions” from Mooresboro played after Thanksgiving in ‘19. I bet they do it in ‘21 as well!
They from Cleveland County.... ya know!

Xchamp no excuse but I know if those 2 would have been on both corners the 200 yards rushing by Rs would be lot less.
Rs like South Point has that offense down to a T.
We work each week to get better, always have.
It was a win but hard fought game.
They work on it this week and move forward

I’m a former Hilltopper! I only beat Shelby in Baseball and wrestling while in High School. Shelby didn’t run the Southwestern 3A during my 4 years at RS. Burns won the 3A state championship and Crest won the 4A state Championship my senior year in 1994-1995. There is so much talent in Cleveland County.

I do want to say one thing about those Hilltoppers. I know them well. My son played with them before we moved to Catawba County (now a sophomore at Bandys). You will see that whole backfield at RS again next year. They are all Juniors. Anyway, good luck and have another great year in the playoffs. I want to see y’all beat Reidsville on your way to a state championship!

Reactions: SHS LION
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT