ADVERTISEMENT

West Stanly @ Albemarle

Buddy Rich

May 24, 2005
How I see this game...I'm sure WS will outweigh us in every position...Think our best chance is to us our speed to get to the corner...Running between the tackles probably want get it...And also try and get our passing game untracted...

Before the THS game I would have said we win by 1 score. I think we will have a lot more team speed than WS and I dont think their defense will be anywhere as close to as good at THS... but I think they beat us 21-14. I hope Im wrong.

I’ve always heard that teams improve the most after their first game and since this will be West Stanly’s first game I’m going with the Bulldogs 20-7.

Y’all heart gon hurt this year... I know the freshman class has some good athletes and the class behind that was crushing D1 and D2 so maybe in another year or 2... too much talent right now as is to not score “Anything”. Crazy...

But I’m a Blue Dog till my days have past...

Reactions: Buddy Rich
So much for that stanly cup lol south stanly won big tonight too

Hats off the WS. Very good and balanced football team. They will win a lot of games. We took a butt whooping but that is the best WS team I can remember from top to bottom (accept for their special teams) in a long time. WS needs to fire their special teams coordinator. We had 2 kick returns for tds, converted two fake punts, and picked off a pass...and still lost 36-20. The good news is our kids never quit and will win 5 or more games. I never thought I would leave a game proud during defeat, but WS was really good. Go dogs!

Reactions: atucker2
Herlocker got WS on weights quite well. He use to coach for us, but we all know how that year went...WS line punished Alb, but we never gave up.

Good game Alb...

Reactions: susancoleman
This is the fastest Albemarle has ever had..Man these guys can fly..But injuries and lack of depth killed us last night..The line play is a weakness but with this speed will win some games this year..

Impressed with West Stanly. They have more than Poole. The quarterback looked good but they need to throw the ball more.Albemarle’s weakness is both offensive and defensive line play and lack of depth. Albemarle will be fine once they start conference play.

This is the fastest Albemarle has ever had..Man these guys can fly..But injuries and lack of depth killed us last night..The line play is a weakness but with this speed will win some games this year..
YES..we have tons of speed. I agree, overall probably our fastest team. We just lack size in certain spots. We will be fine.

Another thing I noticed last week and also this week us that Albemarle was tired and gassed in the second half..We lost all our best...Believe this is due to low numbers, injuries and not being in football shape. We need to address this issue of not being in shape.. can't do anything about the low numvers

Other than special teams West Stanly played well in their 1st game. I think this is their best coaching staff in years.

Albemarle needs to clean up the penalties. That’s what got them in some games last year...gotta get disciplined, and the QB needs to communicate the snap count... Also when you get holding penalties, it’s because the Lineman isn’t moving his feet...move your feet big fellas!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT