ADVERTISEMENT

Statesville at Crest • Rd. 2 •

Nothing went the Chargers way tonight. TD called back, another TD we could've walked in and Tater had an overthrow, about to score on another play and fumble at the 5. Everything was a struggle tonight, but a win is all that matters.

Reactions: Mopar forever
Nothing went the Chargers way tonight. TD called back, another TD we could've walked in and Tater had an overthrow, about to score on another play and fumble at the 5. Everything was a struggle tonight, but a win is all that matters.
Crest is 5 TD's better than Statesville. But tonight we was only 12 points better that that was enough.

• Haha
Reactions: Champ_24
The refs as usual were pathetic.

You know I'm not sure if all the calls were legit or not but there is no reason a ref should be throwing a flag for holding after the play when the ball carrier has already been tackled. There was one where it was a 40 yard pass and the Crest player had already scored and the they drop a flag 30 yards behind the play. Everyone can deal with a holding call just throw it when you see it, not after you see the result.

Boys better be running hills for all the mistakes
Have to agree. Crest issues tonight we’re self inflicted. Unsportsmanlike penalties and holding penalties could have ended their season. Luckily the defense made some big stops. The mouthing penalties are unacceptable. Heard #6 is suspended for first half of next weeks game for 2 unsportsmanlike penalties. Hope it’s not true. Kid is way too good to get baited in like that.
Give Statesville credit, their defensive game plan was spot on. What a dogfight.

Congratulations to Crest on their win. Also to Statesville. They had a good season. Better than what I thought from the beginning of the season.

Statesville has my respect because as far as I know they do it the right way. They show up with kids that are supposed to go to their school, and aren't part of this new AAU approach to grouping up and going to this HS or that HS, buying or enticing players, etc. These are the types of things that ruin entire leagues and organizations.
You complaining about kids moving to different schools, but have you ever think it may be something about that school they leaving. Those kids may not like the system the coaches are running. If I am a talented WR, but the team they left may just run 90% of the time. Or that player may not just get along with the coaches. Maybe the school they left isn't getting any spotlights. At the end of the day those kids are trying to get notice by Colleges. You talking about Statesville does it the right way. Well heck you only have Public School in the Big City of Statesville {Pop 29,000} and 1 Christian School. Then you have 4 OR 5 Other High Schools in that County? I am sure some kids from W. Iredell and N. Iredell have transferred to Statesville or Mooresville in the past. You can't tell me they haven't. You bought up Dudley being a AAU Team. Yes Dudley has had students transferred to their School. But have you researched how many have transferred to other Greensboro-Guilford County Schools like Page, Grimsley, Eastern Guilford, Ragsdale, Northern Guilford, High Point Wes Etc? Because Dudley has loss Student-Athletes in Football, Boys and Girls Basketball and Baseball. Dudley had a star {Miami Hurricane Recuit, Rated #2/#9 in NC in Baseball & Football} 6-2 180 Player named Domaine Vann. He was the Freshman Backup on the 2021 State Championship 3A Football Team. He was going to be the starting QB coming into the 2022 season. However he transferred to High Point Wesleyan and decided to focus on just Baseball. We had another QB leave Dudley and transferred to Grimsley, he now is the starting QB for Hampton University. Dudley had another QB Alston Hooker, the Brother of QB Hendon Hooker {Dudley High, Va Tech, Tennessee Vols now Detroit Lions. Alston left Dudley and transferred to Ragsdale High. Now he is a backup QB at NCAT St University. We had another QB leave Dudley that was a Football and Basketball Player. He transferred to Northern Guilford. I said all to say people go where they feel they can flourish and the system that works for them. There are 26 High Schools in Guilford County. A county with 541,000 people. Greensboro is 301,115 of that 541,000. There are 18 High Schools in Greensboro, but only 7 have Football Programs {Dudley, Grimsley, Northwest Guilford, Page, Smith Northern Guilford & Western Guilford}. Dudley & Grimsley are currently 12-0. N.W. Guilford finished 8-3. Page 5-6, Smith 4-6, N. Guiford 4-6 and Western Guilford 2-8} 4 of the 7 made the playoffs. Dudley has 7 Chips All-Time, Page has 4 Chips and Northern has 3 Chips and Grimsley has 1. Now tell me if I am a Student-Athlete at the other 11 High Schools in the City, what you think they going to do?????? They going go where they can be seen and far. We complain about kids doing what is best for them, but Coaches, Principals, Teachers bounce around all across NC, SC, Va and Texas. No ones complains? Just like you changing Colleges as a student or player, you do what is in your best interests. You or I don't own any person or child.

Bunch of ship talkin on here tonight. I thought Statesville had a good game plan and played good. Both lines impressed me. #2 looked great too. And that’s one huge QB! 100% difference from last years team IMO… for the better. Maybe their best game of the season. Crest did not play great tonight as a whole. Defense did step up when they needed to but they missed some key turnover opportunities. Crest offense ran a lot outside or tried to which against that fast defense didn’t work great. Some congestion for Tater and some over throws. Runs opened up once they started using the middle. Officials were terrible with white hat being the worst one. He probably shouldn’t be allowed to officiate a checkers game. So the score could’ve been worse. With all of that said, crest didn’t play great, statesville did and Crest won decently. Crest is a battle tested team. They won’t go away easily. My $$ always on them!

Honestly some of you Crest posters is full of excuses. Statesville left at least 21 pts on the field. This notion that Crest is 5 tds better than Statesville is laughable. Statesville did not play its best game by far. This is a game we should had won. Coaches executed a great game plan holding Crest to scoring lows of the season.

Not sounding like a sore loser but some of you Crest fans are just cheer leaders, do not know how to be objective. Again congrats to Crest you were the better team tonight but don't get it twisted the game easily could had went the vistors way. Good luck the rest of the way. But Crest didn't dominate NOTHING like you all expected

Honestly some of you Crest posters is full of excuses. Statesville left at least 21 pts on the field. This notion that Crest is 5 tds better than Statesville is laughable. Statesville did not play its best game by far. This is a game we should had won. Coaches executed a great game plan holding Crest to scoring lows of the season.

Not sounding like a sore loser but some of you Crest fans are just cheer leaders, do not know how to be objective. Again congrats to Crest you were the better team tonight but don't get it twisted the game easily could had went the vistors way. Good luck the rest of the way. But Crest didn't dominate NOTHING like you all expected
Welcome to playing Crest

they meet a team like statesville and its "we played bad, we didnt have a good night, the grass was high, our feet were itching, bessie wanted a bologna biscuit on the way up" etc etc etc

Arrogance abounds and they just cant find it in their chaw infested hearts to say "Hey man, statesville was tough" nope its the were five touchdowns better even if the scoreboard says different

Yall humbled some of their most boisterous posters, they havent been seen since it was 7-0 Crest on here.... dont worry our pals shall return to full form this afternoon, they just needed to breathe a bit before getting their panties out of that wad and that ten penny nail out of their hind ends...

We love those rascals like our luggage though, so we overlook the drooling, snot incrusted shirts and non store bought shoes....

LOL Good game by the Hounds,it was entertaining to listen too

BTW I was wrong , I thought Crest would run away with it second half, but those Hounds kept coming ....Great game but two very good and well coached teams...

Last edited:

Look we see them play a lot and you don't, and of you didn't see those at least 5 times that we had receivers running wide open and Tater with plenty of time to throw and he just missed them, throws me don't miss when he isn't pressured. And let not even look at the 5 or 6 times he could have ran and got 30 yards but decided to throw it.

You call it what you want but the best QB in the state had by far had his worst game of year, and it almost cost us.

I like this Statesville Coaching staff and what they have done. Team disclipine is a hell of alot better than what they have for almost 30 years.

Statesville played great. They were prepared and those kids played their guts out. We didn’t play well but it was because Statesville game planned us ver well.

My hats off to them.

That version of Crest is done if it’s not fixed. I don’t even know who that was. Have not saw it all year. But I will not discount Statesville those kids and coaches deserve better.

Love 2. He’s a straight dog.

We was at the 17, 10 and 5 yard line and didn't score. You don't see any Greyhound fans complaining about not scoring. We HAD the game. But that was yesterday. Tater still is my favorite qb to watch. I just hate seeing adults not give credit where it's due. Watching the game with zero biases and give a honest opinion. We outplayed Crest BIGTIME, just don't cash in. But we return almost everybody so WE WILL BE BACK!!!

I told you athlete for athlete we match up very well with Crest. Speed is not going to be a factor. Statesville is in great hands. Coach Cowan got this thing rolling. Love the atmosphere!! Crest and Statesville need to make this a home and home series. These are the types of games people want to see

Reactions: Grey-Green and Gold
We was at the 17, 10 and 5 yard line and didn't score. You don't see any Greyhound fans complaining about not scoring. We HAD the game. But that was yesterday. Tater still is my favorite qb to watch. I just hate seeing adults not give credit where it's due. Watching the game with zero biases and give a honest opinion. We outplayed Crest BIGTIME, just don't cash in. But we return almost everybody so WE WILL BE BACK!!!

I told you athlete for athlete we match up very well with Crest. Speed is not going to be a factor. Statesville is in great hands. Coach Cowan got this thing rolling. Love the atmosphere!! Crest and Statesville need to make this a home and home series. These are the types of games people want to see
You guys played great. Defense had a great game plan and executed well. You have great athletes and were an outstanding match up for our skill guys. I give the Greyhounds all the credit in the world. With that said at no point did you "HAVE the game." Unless the game would've been stopped after your TD pass in the 3rd quarter.

You are being a sore loser. We know our team better than you do. Good luck in 2024! You the one making excuses.

• Haha
Reactions: Champ_24
Whatever champ. Take your moral victory to the gym. We gave statesville all the credit we're going to. Truth is. This team has faced adversity several times this year. They have dug deep and found a way to win. Thats the bottom line. Go ahead and throw dirt on us. Were overrated. Were done. We've been exposed. Survive and advance. I'm sure you will be here to tell us what WC is going to do to us.

Whatever champ. Take your moral victory to the gym. We gave statesville all the credit we're going to. Truth is. This team has faced adversity several times this year. They have dug deep and found a way to win. Thats the bottom line. Go ahead and throw dirt on us. Were overrated. Were done. We've been exposed. Survive and advance. I'm sure you will be here to tell us what WC is going to do to us.
That horrible loss to North Mecklenburg has got me doubting WC. You are right about survive and advance. Bottom line you guys are playing next week and Statesville is not.

Reactions: shutdownD24
I mean the scoreboard is the final judge. Statesville played good.

They just didn’t play good enough.

Sport Basketball GIF by Hey Duggee

Looked like the Cowboys and Green Bay

• Haha
Reactions: Mopar forever
You complaining about kids moving to different schools, but have you ever think it may be something about that school they leaving. Those kids may not like the system the coaches are running. If I am a talented WR, but the team they left may just run 90% of the time. Or that player may not just get along with the coaches. Maybe the school they left isn't getting any spotlights. At the end of the day those kids are trying to get notice by Colleges. You talking about Statesville does it the right way. Well heck you only have Public School in the Big City of Statesville {Pop 29,000} and 1 Christian School. Then you have 4 OR 5 Other High Schools in that County? I am sure some kids from W. Iredell and N. Iredell have transferred to Statesville or Mooresville in the past. You can't tell me they haven't. You bought up Dudley being a AAU Team. Yes Dudley has had students transferred to their School. But have you researched how many have transferred to other Greensboro-Guilford County Schools like Page, Grimsley, Eastern Guilford, Ragsdale, Northern Guilford, High Point Wes Etc? Because Dudley has loss Student-Athletes in Football, Boys and Girls Basketball and Baseball. Dudley had a star {Miami Hurricane Recuit, Rated #2/#9 in NC in Baseball & Football} 6-2 180 Player named Domaine Vann. He was the Freshman Backup on the 2021 State Championship 3A Football Team. He was going to be the starting QB coming into the 2022 season. However he transferred to High Point Wesleyan and decided to focus on just Baseball. We had another QB leave Dudley and transferred to Grimsley, he now is the starting QB for Hampton University. Dudley had another QB Alston Hooker, the Brother of QB Hendon Hooker {Dudley High, Va Tech, Tennessee Vols now Detroit Lions. Alston left Dudley and transferred to Ragsdale High. Now he is a backup QB at NCAT St University. We had another QB leave Dudley that was a Football and Basketball Player. He transferred to Northern Guilford. I said all to say people go where they feel they can flourish and the system that works for them. There are 26 High Schools in Guilford County. A county with 541,000 people. Greensboro is 301,115 of that 541,000. There are 18 High Schools in Greensboro, but only 7 have Football Programs {Dudley, Grimsley, Northwest Guilford, Page, Smith Northern Guilford & Western Guilford}. Dudley & Grimsley are currently 12-0. N.W. Guilford finished 8-3. Page 5-6, Smith 4-6, N. Guiford 4-6 and Western Guilford 2-8} 4 of the 7 made the playoffs. Dudley has 7 Chips All-Time, Page has 4 Chips and Northern has 3 Chips and Grimsley has 1. Now tell me if I am a Student-Athlete at the other 11 High Schools in the City, what you think they going to do?????? They going go where they can be seen and far. We complain about kids doing what is best for them, but Coaches, Principals, Teachers bounce around all across NC, SC, Va and Texas. No ones complains? Just like you changing Colleges as a student or player, you do what is in your best interests. You or I don't own any person or child.
"Own" anybody? SMDH. Speaking of commodities...mom/dad/uncle/handler/whoever that makes these supposed business decisions about HS sports for four years and then end up at NC-Weslyan or Ferrum...you just bought a 1997 Ford Taurus for $95,000. Congrats.

what is best for a kid...is getting a reputable HS education/maybe college or trade and putting themselves in the best position in life.
I'm sure we all know the stats of people getting full ride D1 scholarships and Pro team tenure longer than a year.....and if that's what everyone is banking on (and if you're honest with youself and overhear the kids/parents talking...then you know the truth) - then "doing what is best for them" equates to being pimped out by whatever adult is in charge of them.
If parents and kids are savvy enough to know where they want or don't want to go play HS football (for example) - then I think they're savvy enough to know that you aren't getting college scholarships from purely HS tape anymore. it's not 1981. Sure they will come talk to coaches/teachers, etc but if you go to any one of the 10,000 annual camps (at a school or an unaffiliated camp that stresses measurables only) and show out better than your peers.... that gets you noticed. This HS route that is growing is just like the AAU culture....and look at how wonderful the AAU basketball circuit turned out. A criminal enterprise with a bunch of hanger on types looking for somebody else's lottery ticket.
These people are the dregs of our society. JUST GO GET A JOB!!!!! This applies to the pimp adult pushing their overhyped kid/relative to travel two counties to play a HS Sport. If said kid was a dude....he wouldn't have to travel ANYwhere.

DeBoar is a special kind of dude. It doesn’t get out much but he thinks he knows everything. He doesn’t even know that his own team has a kid from Charlotte and a couple from Gastonia. He is a pretty ridiculous dude to communicate with on here about this. Also for the record Statesville has had plenty of transfers through the years from other Iredell County schools just like every other public high school.

• Haha
Reactions: New3ra
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT