ADVERTISEMENT

Statesville at Crest

Be hard to do. Crest is going to play Burns and Shelby out of conference every year. The only way to do it would be the first game. We played Freedom this year and I can’t confirm this but there was word Crest and Gaffney we’re trying to get together game 1. That’d be tough but good teams play up to get better.

I’m looking forward to seeing Statesville. It’s been awhile. If they are young and athletic as you say it should be a great game because you can describe Crest in the exact same way.

Stay safe coming down.
Thanks bro. Looking forward to it.

Week 1 could definitely happen. Statesville plays Carson. Swap Carson with Crest now we're on to something

Be hard to do. Crest is going to play Burns and Shelby out of conference every year. The only way to do it would be the first game. We played Freedom this year and I can’t confirm this but there was word Crest and Gaffney we’re trying to get together game 1. That’d be tough but good teams play up to get better.

I’m looking forward to seeing Statesville. It’s been awhile. If they are young and athletic as you say it should be a great game because you can describe Crest in the exact same way.

Stay safe coming down.

This did not work out well for us the last time lol.....Plus we were 4A and had D1 players all over the field.

This did not work out well for us the last time lol.....Plus we were 4A and had D1 players all over the field.
Remember 96? Biggest crowd I ever saw at Crest. Gaffney number 1 in SC. Crest #1 in NC. Ball dropped out of a helicopter. D1 ‘s everywhere on both sides. The whistle blew and Gaffney broke both cleats off in our butt.

That Gaffney QB is still the best QB I ever saw play on Crests field. Kentrell something. He was a bad man.

Remember 96? Biggest crowd I ever saw at Crest. Gaffney number 1 in SC. Crest #1 in NC. Ball dropped out of a helicopter. D1 ‘s everywhere on both sides. The whistle blew and Gaffney broke both cleats off in our butt.

That Gaffney QB is still the best QB I ever saw play on Crests field. Kentrell something. He was a bad man.

I remember it too well lol. That QB was outstanding, but the best I ever saw was Norris Hopper.

I believe the Gaffney qb’s last name was Littlejohn.

Reactions: KM2ASU
I feel like Hemphill and Littlejohn were names I heard a good bit that day.
Gaffney had about three players with the last name Littlejohn on that particular team if I remember correctly. One of those kids was ranked as one of the top 5 defensive linemen in the nation. I remember getting inside the stadium around 5:15pm and there were only seats on the hill.

Gaffney qb was kentrell jones. I work in gaffney. Their fans still talk about the stomping they put on us.
Yep I thought that Gaffney coaching staff set Big Red and Crest up beautifully before they actually played the game. In the prior scrimmages the Gaffney participated in they just pretty much ran the ball. In the media Gaffney’s coach kept talking about in every interview that he wasn’t sure how Gaffney would be able to run the ball on Crest but they were going to try. Crest coaches bought this hook, line, and sinker and prepared to stop Gaffney’s power run game. Gaffney comes out of the gate with no huddles with four and five receivers. The Gaffney game plan neutralized the big dl and lb’s of Crest. The gamesmanship by Gaffney’s coach was brilliant in my opinion.

Last edited:
I work with Gaffney fans. They are as passionate as any fan base there is. They forget nothing.

I’m still amazed at how many people were at that game.
Do you remember the Shelby vs Burns game was moved up to Thursday so everybody could come.

Reactions: crestcharger02
wow, after a long hiatus some of you Crest Clowns are STILL here! good to see! good luck in the playoffs but dont forget you suck.

Reactions: Mopar forever
KTC Broadcasting will also carry this game.

If you are around the Shelby area I think the Shelby game will be on 1390 AM and Crest game will be on 101.5 FM. Burns will be on their youtube channel.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT