ADVERTISEMENT

Week 7 Picks

Slasher Killer

Sep 23, 2010
MA at E Wilkes

The Bears are now in their cruise control portion of the schedule in terms of facing teams with athletes, that being said they can’t afford to sleep on any of these games either as their RPI could drop if they don’t keep the pace up. EW’s one of the more physical teams in the NW but they are beat up and low in #’s. MA will wear them down early with their depth and speed. MA by whatever they want here.

W Central at ES

The Pilot Cards cruised last week to a very lopsided win I never expected. Either WW is that bad or East just had a killer night and enjoyed theirselves, could be a little of both I reckon. This game should be a lot closer if WC can get over their internal dramas and come ready to play. Supposedly since the loss in the conference opener the Eagles have had a lot of troubles the past two weeks and it’s why they played so awful last week. But they did win, so East better come ready to play. These two teams have played close before in their younger days, in fact WC won on JV vs this a lot of these kids in 2021. But time will tell if that will show up tonight or not, I don’t think so but anything’s possible.

SC at W Wilkes

An important matchup in Foothills play here, this game could determine a lot in terms of conference standings and playoff seeding. Neither team has set the world on fire this season but they’ve won the important games when they needed to do so. SC came back from 10 down vs NW to a comeback win, while West struggled to put away the Bush until very late despite the size difference on the line. It’s like picking from two mangy dogs in this matchup but I think SC’s skill players are better than West’s and they play like a team more. West will have the size edge but they still can’t seem to put it together on offense yet, and if it comes down to hanging with SC I just don’t see it. That being said SC’s D is bad enough to allow that. Could truly go either way in this one, I just see SC’s QB being impossible to stop, but if West wins here I wouldn’t be surprised.

Forbush at Elkin

This could be a fun matchup here more so than anyone expects. Elkin’s played very, very hard this year despite injuries and a tough schedule for them, they’ve managed to stay competitive despite missing their QB for a week or two. He came back last week and lit up North Stokes so they are feeling some momentum right now. The Bush meanwhile are struggling to put it nicely. Their line is the smallest I’ve ever seen them have in all my years playing them and they are just flat out young across the board. If not for their skill players especially QB and #9 at RB they wouldn’t be anything this year. #9’s their best hope of competing vs the teams they play the rest of the year. Game tonight will ultimately depend on Elkin’s defense and how they can stop him and the QB. Despite breaking on 3 big runs vs us last week we managed to keep him shut down enough so our offense could score at will. Elkin’s going to need to do the same thing. With their option based QB back that will definitely help. If they can keep the ball for long chunks that will be the key to the game or not.

Expect another thriller between these two regardless.

Starmount at N Stokes

The Rams hit the comeback trail hard with a long trip to Danbury to play North Stokes. That should be their only real challenge tonight. Starmount by whatever they want here.

Reactions: sbbbfan
Alleghany at S Stokes

South Stokes is reeling heading into this matchup after their QB got injured last week in the early parts of the game. With him hurt it really hurts their offense because he is the engine of it, it goes how he goes. If it’s as bad as the news article said (upper body injury so probably shoulder,) he won’t be back and if that happens South’s in a lot of trouble. But to be fair they would have been in trouble anyways as Allegheny's physicality and offense will cause them fits all night. South’s struggled to be consistently physical this year and vs a team like Alleghany that won’t be a + to victory. If Alleghany establishes the run early they will control the game, unless South gets a freak speed play or something like that. I just think the Trojans are that much better.

W Stokes at N Forsyth

The Wildcats take the short trip to Winston to play the Vikings on their homecoming. West has managed to wake up the past few weeks despite their offensive troubles of the season so far, however they will face their biggest defensive test in quite a while as they play the Vikes, they are well coached by Coach Williams on that side of the ball. In the past they’ve always had West’s number due to that defense but NF’s offense has started falling off, and I think that’ll determine the ball game. If they can wake up and produce NF can do things, but if not they will eventually tire down. They lost to McMichael last week and I still don’t understand how. If they want to contend and get a playoff spot they got to win tonight. That being said easier said than done.

Ashe County at Alexander Central

Last Thursday gave the Huskies a needed win, but not the sexiest one either. Asheville Christian scored 20 on them due to their QB but Ashe’s O had another good night. Now they enter conference play vs a down Al Central team. They’ve not had the best year due to a lot of youth on their roster, and they have lost 3 in a row including the last one which was a brutal 48-0 shutout. They barely beat Wilkes Central in week 2 for the last one, Ashe let them come back so they share that detail. Ashe has a big opportunity here to come rolling into Taylorsville and make a statement with this game. However they gotta be ready to hit and earn it, Al Central I’m sure is thinking they will roll over. So they gotta stop the wing of Al C’s from being on the field for too long. Ashe’s QB is having a great season but this will be an important game for him, a great performance and win will go a long way.

I think this one will be quite close but I got a good feeling for Ashe.

Walkertown at Morehead

Battle for the cellar of this conference. Walkertown’s had a bad year so far with no much to harp on, Morehead’s struggling to find any solace meanwhile. Walkertown I just see being a little better and enough to get them out of the hole.

Carver at CSD
Bishop at Corivian Community
WS Prep at MI Charter

Last edited:
Reactions: sbbbfan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT