ADVERTISEMENT

Statesville at Crest • Rd. 2 •

To be in this position and have this kind of conversation is a blessing... I've been on the other side for years... Watching you guys go at it with Dudley, South Point, KM, Shelby, West Rowan over the years... Now it's our turn to take on the Mighty Cleveland County ... I'm living in the moment my man...
Statesville has my respect because as far as I know they do it the right way. They show up with kids that are supposed to go to their school, and aren't part of this new AAU approach to grouping up and going to this HS or that HS, buying or enticing players, etc. These are the types of things that ruin entire leagues and organizations.

Statesville has my respect because as far as I know they do it the right way. They show up with kids that are supposed to go to their school, and aren't part of this new AAU approach to grouping up and going to this HS or that HS, buying or enticing players, etc. These are the types of things that ruin entire leagues and organizations.
Billy Crystal Crying GIF by MOODMAN

You might as well stop watching Football or any sport if you truly believe that nothing shady happens on any level i.e high school, college, professional…I bet you believe WWE is real and stripper’s actually like you personally.

Here is the series between the two teams. So far Statesville leads 2-1

1981 Statesville 7 Crest 6
1982 Statesville 26 Crest 2
2022 Crest 33 Statesville 7
2023 ?
Soon to be 2-2
We try telling you , Statesville you ain’t wanting this smoke.
But you are next up , bring the best you have.
Another great atmosphere at The SID
Hopefully Statesville packs the visitors side.

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
I don’t think Statesville can handle Crest. I think they can score but not enough. If Crest forces two punts I think they win going away. Crest and Dudley in two weeks is my game of the year in 3A. Not knocking West Charlotte but I’m not convinced.
WC offense leaves a lot to be desired

You might as well stop watching Football or any sport if you truly believe that nothing shady happens on any level i.e high school, college, professional…I bet you believe WWE is real and stripper’s actually like you personally.
Nope...just don't like the private HS programs that play in public school divisions and I don't like the 10-12 schools (that I know about) around the state that openly recruit and actively take guys from surrounding areas for sport-only reasons in HIGH SCHOOL. Sure 85% of them will be in the top 8 in their respective playoff classification.... but it don't make it impressive.

Crazy to believe but KM offense is a lot better than WC..it's not even close. KM can move the chains and it may not have a passing attack but they have a running attack and screen game. WC has HOPE an athlete can get loose offensive scheme.
I don't disagree with that at all. KM still confuses me offensively. I don't know what has went into the decisions of how they do things but I do not get it. The talent is there and some of the things that I felt worked they go away from. That is why I am in the stands I guess. WC and what little I have seen looks like they big play you to death. They have not had a ton of consistent drives down the field. They wait for that one play where you are not disciplined or catch you sleeping. When they face a team that stays consistent on defense with the speed to match they will struggle.

Nope...just don't like the private HS programs that play in public school divisions and I don't like the 10-12 schools (that I know about) around the state that openly recruit and actively take guys from surrounding areas for sport-only reasons in HIGH SCHOOL. Sure 85% of them will be in the top 8 in their respective playoff classification.... but it don't make it impressive.
DeBordom you are pretty clueless and you keep dropping inaccurate info on here that is obviously being fed to you from a poor loser mentality. Your statements do not make sense plus you have shown me that you and whoever puts the battery in your back don’t even know the history of your own kids or team. You keep throwing mud to see what will stick. Again SP has at least three kids on their roster now who played on the same area travel football team. A team that is coached by a SP alum. I didn’t name the SP kids out of respect for those families. Those kids went to various schools in Charlotte metro including South Point for their own personal family reasons. You complaining about where middle school families choose to have their kids attend high school is laughable. Did Blee’s parents have a right to move him to a private school where they reclassed him after middle school for baseball?Give us some more of your double standards please. Parents now and more in the future will pick their high schools. Parents do this all over this country every year for a multitude of reasons. Academics, band, sports, location, demographics, and facilities all are reasons that families consider for high school. Families are choosing to take control of the children’s education versus a system like Gaston County telling a family who lives 100 yards from a school (Huss) that they are going to another school 10 miles away. The city of Gastonia itself has always been high transient. Gastonia families have always moved around. That has happened forever. Almost any realtor will tell you that one of the first things that home buyers will ask about is quality of schools. GC schools do not do themselves any favors with dumb decisions that negatively effect kids and parents.

DeBordom you are pretty clueless and you keep dropping inaccurate info on here that is obviously being fed to you from a poor loser mentality. Your statements do not make sense plus you have shown me that you and whoever puts the battery in your back don’t even know the history of your own kids or team. You keep throwing mud to see what will stick. Again SP has at least three kids on their roster now who played on the same area travel football team. A team that is coached by a SP alum. I didn’t name the SP kids out of respect for those families. Those kids went to various schools in Charlotte metro including South Point for their own personal family reasons. You complaining about where middle school families choose to have their kids attend high school is laughable. Did Blee’s parents have a right to move him to a private school where they reclassed him after middle school for baseball?Give us some more of your double standards please. Parents now and more in the future will pick their high schools. Parents do this all over this country every year for a multitude of reasons. Academics, band, sports, location, demographics, and facilities all are reasons that families consider for high school. Families are choosing to take control of the children’s education versus a system like Gaston County telling a family who lives 100 yards from a school (Huss) that they are going to another school 10 miles away. The city of Gastonia itself has always been high transient. Gastonia families have always moved around. That has happened forever. Almost any realtor will tell you that one of the first things that home buyers will ask about is quality of schools. GC schools do not do themselves any favors with dumb decisions that negatively effect kids and parents.
What does travel football have to do with Cleveland County, Dudley and a few other teams playing by their own rules instead of like the rest of the state?
I also don't agree with re-classes.... so it isn't a double standard.

Also - this travel team you talk about coached by an SP alum....nobody knows who you are talking about. No relevance or connection to SPs program. If any kid at SP DID play on a travel team it doesn't matter...they didn't get good playing there. I guarantee you they are better off now on SPs team than whatever travel team they played on. Probably had to un-learn some bad habits.

Last....loser mentality? LOL. You can check SP/KMs record as easily as I can. KM is a loser program historically, and you are about to be on the recruiting trail again in a couple days to week tops.

What does travel football have to do with Cleveland County, Dudley and a few other teams playing by their own rules instead of like the rest of the state?

Also - this travel team you talk about coached by an SP alum....nobody knows who you are talking about. No relevance or connection to SPs program. If any kid at SP DID play on a travel team it doesn't matter...they didn't get good playing there. I guarantee you they are better off now on SPs team than whatever travel team they played on. Probably had to un-learn some bad habits.

Last....loser mentality? LOL. You can check SP/KMs record as easily as I can. KM is a loser program historically, and you are about to be on the recruiting trail again in a couple days to week tops.
Define loser program.

Reactions: shutdownD24
This thread is about the Statesville and Crest football game. Crest is going to run it's program however it wants to run it. We DO NOT CARE what any fan or coach from any other team thinks about it. WE LAUGH AT YOU!

Statesville is on the clock! 12 up 12 down........that's the goal.........

First you guys are already on the couch watching us play this weekend. The way we have ran through SP the last three years maybe it is you guys who need to be on the recruiting trail to shore up those weaknesses that we gonna keep exposing. Also historically while KM may not have a state championship in the NCHSAA, KM has always had a winning program and history with the exception of the Farqueson coaching years. We are judged off the CC standard of championship or bust not because we can’t win games. SP always had so many advantages over the rest of GC football but now that parents are realizing they have options are causing guys like you heartburn longing for the good ole days. Soon you will be crying and wearing a red “Make SP Great Again” ball cap at your games.

The only two fans statesville has seem confident
One day till you find out
Either get off the tracks or get run over hounds
1 or 2 people said that they are not as good as they were a few years ago. I know they have a different coach now but that team that KM played wasn't very good at all or had their worst game of the season. It was a lot of talk of size and speed. The speed wasn't there compared to what I normally see. The size was some big guys that wasn't solid(athletic) at all and was bent over huffing in the 1st quarter. Everyone's we got speed isn't the same as others, we got speed.

1 or 2 people said that they are not as good as they were a few years ago. I know they have a different coach now but that team that KM played wasn't very good at all or had their worst game of the season. It was a lot of talk of size and speed. The speed wasn't there compared to what I normally see. The size was some big guys that wasn't solid(athletic) at all and was bent over huffing in the 1st quarter. Everyone's we got speed isn't the same as others, we got speed.
Those Statesville teams that KM beat were highly overrated due to their schedule. Those Greyhound teams feasted on very weak schedules that made them look much better than they were. Also their previous coach fed into the hype about how good they were. Those Greyhound teams looked like a deer in headlights when they actually played a team that punched back at them. This particular Greyhound team conference schedule is much tougher than those earlier Hounds teams that we beat so they should be a little more prepared. Statesville always has size and athletes but I am curious about how their current coaching staff prepare them for big games. Right now I have Crest 10-14pts better. The key for Statesville will be to get this game into the second half with a chance.

Those Statesville teams that KM beat were highly overrated due to their schedule. Those Greyhound teams feasted on very weak schedules that made them look much better than they were. Also their previous coach fed into the hype about how good they were. Those Greyhound teams looked like a deer in headlights when they actually played a team that punched back at them. This particular Greyhound team conference schedule is much tougher than those earlier Hounds teams that we beat so they should be a little more prepared. Statesville always has size and athletes but I am curious about how their current coaching staff prepare them for big games. Right now I have Crest 10-14pts better. The key for Statesville will be to get this game into the second half with a chance.
Yeah, definitely overhyped, but still not good if some that have seen this year's team say those teams(from couple years back) are better than this one.

First you guys are already on the couch watching us play this weekend. The way we have ran through SP the last three years maybe it is you guys who need to be on the recruiting trail to shore up those weaknesses that we gonna keep exposing. Also historically while KM may not have a state championship in the NCHSAA, KM has always had a winning program and history with the exception of the Farqueson coaching years. We are judged off the CC standard of championship or bust not because we can’t win games. SP always had so many advantages over the rest of GC football but now that parents are realizing they have options are causing guys like you heartburn longing for the good ole days. Soon you will be crying and wearing a red “Make SP Great Again” ball cap at your games.
LMAO. SP has advantages? Playing by the rules? Being "midgets"? Having "no" athletes? This is a formula for success I tell ya!
Who judges you off some CC standard? Nobody even knows yall's name. Yall buy tickets to championship games every year, and this year will be no different. A new KM program slogan can be: #1 Annual Championship ticket purchasers in the tri-county area".

SP ain't ever stopped being great. Working hard and doing what you're supposed to isn't an advantage: those are character traits. Which is also why KM's football program will be bankrupt before you know it because when you bring in derelict vagabonds you get what you get. Good luck with it all.

I may get a hat that reads: 30 > 19

Loser Program: Any HS football program that resides in Cleveland County and is NOT named Shelby, Crest or Burns.... and has zero Football State Championships to show, Recruits other teams' players but still won't make a western finals and give off a lot of fruity vibes in general.
Man, I’m here for the comments and what I’m about to do is meant as respect to you, not hating on KM. Just for your comment.

People Applause GIF by MOODMAN

Loser Program: Any HS football program that resides in Cleveland County and is NOT named Shelby, Crest or Burns.... and has zero Football State Championships to show, Recruits other teams' players but still won't make a western finals and give off a lot of fruity vibes in general.
That 70S Show Lol GIF

• Haha
Reactions: beamer24
LMAO. SP has advantages? Playing by the rules? Being "midgets"? Having "no" athletes? This is a formula for success I tell ya!
Who judges you off some CC standard? Nobody even knows yall's name. Yall buy tickets to championship games every year, and this year will be no different. A new KM program slogan can be: #1 Annual Championship ticket purchasers in the tri-county area".

SP ain't ever stopped being great. Working hard and doing what you're supposed to isn't an advantage: those are character traits. Which is also why KM's football program will be bankrupt before you know it because when you bring in derelict vagabonds you get what you get. Good luck with it all.

I may get a hat that reads: 30 > 19
We don’t have to worry about SP winning a state championship because you can’t even contend for a conference championship right now. As a matter of fact, when is the last time you won a conference championship? SP is the 3rd best team in GC this year. Some SP players tried to transfer to KM but we sent them back. They were too short. Putting you behind EG and Huss. Get use to it.

When you ask a South Point fan where their playoff game is being played this Friday 😂
Come On Please GIF by NBA

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: BIGSAUSAGES
W
We shall find out
After the game don’t say we told you so.
Your speed ain’t Crest speed
You found out last season and will again tomorrow

We don’t have to worry about SP winning a state championship because you can’t even contend for a conference championship right now. As a matter of fact, when is the last time you won a conference championship? SP is the 3rd best team in GC this year. Some SP players tried to transfer to KM but we sent them back. They were too short. Putting you behind EG and Huss. Get use to it.
Just EPIC!
Tremendous

Daaaaaaaamn! He gonna go cry in the car. His grandma gave him that chain.

Sorry for the delay. Kinda hard to post and chat with you guys when I'm a teacher during the day and youth football coach in the evening. Getting ready for our ayf regional in Maryland.

Back to the game. Crest offense reminds more of USC on a high school level. Thing is there many different approaches one could take in defending their offense. 1. Get pressure on Tater. 2. Disguise your coverages. Show a man look and switch to zone and zone blitz him. 3. Grind the game out. Force Crest to have fewer possessions. Always pull a rabbit out the hat. Trick plays, onside kick, fake punts etc. Win lose or draw, I'm excited. I hope in the near future we can set up home and home series with Crest. It'll only make us better.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT