ADVERTISEMENT

Big South way too early predictions

WNC FAN

Apr 27, 2021
Cleveland County thread is taking over the world... let's get another bee's nest going! I'm not as informed as other conferences but I have been looking:

1. Kings Mountain- needs a qb and a coach... I'm sure they will get a good Coach. (no they aren't getting Crest's) I almost put it but that would have taken over the thread. They have the best defense coming back! #9 is best defensive player in conference. Solid skill positions returns!
2. Crest- Ol was ridiculously young and will still be young. That could be a problem! Small front 7 on defense. They could be 1st or 3rd all depends on front on both sides. They have best skill guys coming back! So I'll be safe and say 2nd! Coach seems to be on right track. Could rival S Point coach for top spot?
3. South Point- System is a problem for everyone! They are good at what they do! The Fr qb is for real! #33 LB on Defense could be 2nd best defensive player in conference. They have a real home field advantage! Best Coach in conference?
4. S. Cramer- Needs a qb JV qb was solid. 7 or 8 offensive guys returns. 2nd best set of Wr's to Crest's. Defense is a suspect but think they are ahead of the rest of the pack if qb plays well.
5. Forestview- they have qb and Rb back... they have a good nucleus of defense back too. They go to Cramer so I gave Cramer the nod.
6. Ashbrook- They lost their best offensive player and Defensive players. They have best O Lineman in conference #77 coming back. Qb is back and will have to have better numbers. They travel to Cramer and Forestview
7. Huss- were the 2nd youngest team to Crest. Have some players in skill positions and decent size. Could upset pull a upset or 2 and move up.
8. North Gaston- struggled on both sides. They have a long road to get in top half of league.

The top 3 are ahead of the next group of 3. If Crest had the up front guys like the skill guys I'd say they were easy #1. They do have the reigning Offensive player of the year returning at qb. KM is a question because QB and Coach but have reigning defensive player of the year back. They have Crest at home. SP has its qb and its hard to prepare for their style. The next 2 have some work to do.

Big non-confernce game:
1. Crest vs Gaffney
2. KM vs Shelby
3. SPoint vs Hibriten

Big 3 conference:
Crest- Home vs S Point, at KM
KM at SPoint, home vs Crest
S Point at Crest, Home vs Crest
Seems to be a wash there! Should be a great conference. Winner should be #1 seed in 3A unless they beat each other up and its a 3 way tie!

August can't get here soon enough! I don't mind getting bashed but prefer bash with some reference as to why I'm wrong! Have at it!!

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Major drop off after top 3.
No not really. You’re just trying to justify your Ray Charles conference.

Move up to the Big South like you should have done when Huss did and see if the Titles flow easily to Sink Hole High.

You ain’t moving up. And it isn’t because you can’t

Cramer beats everyone in your conference outside of Burns and Shelby and if Shelby still doesn’t have a defense then there you are.

It’s the same for the whole Big South outside of NG. And they’d beat some of them.

Cherryville is a BEAST!

#HATEUS.

Last edited:
Cleveland County thread is taking over the world... let's get another bee's nest going! I'm not as informed as other conferences but I have been looking:

1. Kings Mountain- needs a qb and a coach... I'm sure they will get a good Coach. (no they aren't getting Crest's) I almost put it but that would have taken over the thread. They have the best defense coming back! #9 is best defensive player in conference. Solid skill positions returns!
2. Crest- Ol was ridiculously young and will still be young. That could be a problem! Small front 7 on defense. They could be 1st or 3rd all depends on front on both sides. They have best skill guys coming back! So I'll be safe and say 2nd! Coach seems to be on right track. Could rival S Point coach for top spot?
3. South Point- System is a problem for everyone! They are good at what they do! The Fr qb is for real! #33 LB on Defense could be 2nd best defensive player in conference. They have a real home field advantage! Best Coach in conference?
4. S. Cramer- Needs a qb JV qb was solid. 7 or 8 offensive guys returns. 2nd best set of Wr's to Crest's. Defense is a suspect but think they are ahead of the rest of the pack if qb plays well.
5. Forestview- they have qb and Rb back... they have a good nucleus of defense back too. They go to Cramer so I gave Cramer the nod.
6. Ashbrook- They lost their best offensive player and Defensive players. They have best O Lineman in conference #77 coming back. Qb is back and will have to have better numbers. They travel to Cramer and Forestview
7. Huss- were the 2nd youngest team to Crest. Have some players in skill positions and decent size. Could upset pull a upset or 2 and move up.
8. North Gaston- struggled on both sides. They have a long road to get in top half of league.

The top 3 are ahead of the next group of 3. If Crest had the up front guys like the skill guys I'd say they were easy #1. They do have the reigning Offensive player of the year returning at qb. KM is a question because QB and Coach but have reigning defensive player of the year back. They have Crest at home. SP has its qb and its hard to prepare for their style. The next 2 have some work to do.

Big non-confernce game:
1. Crest vs Gaffney
2. KM vs Shelby
3. SPoint vs Hibriten

Big 3 conference:
Seems to be a wash there! Should be a great conference. Winner should be #1 seed in 3A unless they beat each other up and its a 3 way tie!

August can't get here soon enough! I don't mind getting bashed but prefer bash with some reference as to why I'm wrong! Have at it!!
No one should bash you that other thread is for a particular purpose. You shouldn’t be bashed for an opinion unless your a SP fan that can’t walk more than 15 feet before you give up the ghost.

I would only say are you sure that Big Lineman is still at Ashbrook?

Also, it’s hard to make predictions at this time until all the moving and shaking gets over with.

Big non-confernce game:
1. Crest vs Gaffney
2. KM vs Shelby
3. SPoint vs Hibriten

Big 3 conference:

Crest oline got significantly better as year went on. I expect a big jump in performance from that oline. Young but improved over the season.

No one should bash you that other thread is for a particular purpose. You shouldn’t be bashed for an opinion unless your a SP fan that can’t walk more than 15 feet before you give up the ghost.

I would only say are you sure that Big Lineman is still at Ashbrook?

Also, it’s hard to make predictions at this time until all the moving and shaking gets over with.
👀

No not really. You’re just trying to justify your Ray Charles conference.

Move up to the Big South like you should have done when Huss did and see if the Titles flow easily to Sink Hole High.

You ain’t moving up. And it isn’t because you can’t

Cramer beats everyone in your conference outside of Burns and Shelby and if Shelby still doesn’t have a defense then there you are.

It’s the same for the whole Big South outside of NG. And they’d beat some of them.

Cherryville is a BEAST!

#HATEUS.
Combined 13 and 39 last year. Please stop we are not stupid. The bottom 5 are horrible. As for moving up just ask SP about moving down for 4 years. The last 7 years of SP football, 1 3A championship, 2 3A Western Championship runner ups, three 2A second rd exits and 1 2A year off not making the playoffs.

Combined 13 and 39 last year. Please stop we are not stupid. The bottom 5 are horrible. As for moving up just ask SP about moving down for 4 years. The last 7 years of SP football, 1 3A championship, 2 3A Western Championship runner ups, three 2A second rd exits and 1 2A year off not making the playoffs.
Move up like Huss and then talk. Otherwise get back down to the romper room.

Lion every team has off years. Ours just happens to be while we were playing 2A ball. Even the mighty Shelby Lions have off years. Last year is proof. I do understand what you’re saying. South Point may well finish 3rd in the Big South 3A. I think the offense will be fine. There are some huge holes to fill defensively though. We will have to see how well the young men can step up.

Lion every team has off years. Ours just happens to be while we were playing 2A ball. Even the mighty Shelby Lions have off years. Last year is proof. I do understand what you’re saying. South Point may well finish 3rd in the Big South 3A. I think the offense will be fine. There are some huge holes to fill defensively though. We will have to see how well the young men can step up.
Maybe for three of the years but not 17. SP was loaded and undefeated going into 2nd rd against Shelby.

Come on Lion, I’m trying to make myself feel better. You ain’t helping. I think that was Coach Hodge’s first year. Play calling played a lot in that loss I’m my opinion. I believe Coach Lineberger would have won the game. Coach Hodge has come a long way and is not near as conservative as Micky was. I think he has the potential to be as good as anybody who ever coached at SP.

Reactions: SHS LION

Big non-confernce game:
1. Crest vs Gaffney
2. KM vs Shelby
3. SPoint vs Hibriten

Big 3 conference:

Depending on the KM hire Crest abd SP should be 1 and 2 in either order with KM at 3. KM lost not only the hc but their d-line coach has left as well. And depending on who they hire, they could have players hitting the road as well. If that happens they could fall hard.

4 could go anywhere, fv returns a good core group. Ashbrook did lose their RB but got a transfer in that could be a good replacement. Huss lost some key guys on bothsides of the ball but get a promising lineman back from injury and a couple lineman move in. Core group of skills are entering there 3rd year but majority are young.
Cramer lost QB atleast 2 recievers and a few lineman and a few on defense but had a good group of jv kids. They need to get a RB to offset the lack of rockemore's legs. They could be as high as 4 or as low 6 or 7 depending on if they can rplace the qb.

My personal picks
Crest
Sp
Km (if they make the right hire)
Huss
Ashbrook
Cramer/Fv
NG

Depending on the KM hire Crest abd SP should be 1 and 2 in either order with KM at 3. KM lost not only the hc but their d-line coach has left as well. And depending on who they hire, they could have players hitting the road as well. If that happens they could fall hard.

4 could go anywhere, fv returns a good core group. Ashbrook did lose their RB but got a transfer in that could be a good replacement. Huss lost some key guys on bothsides of the ball but get a promising lineman back from injury and a couple lineman move in. Core group of skills are entering there 3rd year but majority are young.
Cramer lost QB atleast 2 recievers and a few lineman and a few on defense but had a good group of jv kids. They need to get a RB to offset the lack of rockemore's legs. They could be as high as 4 or as low 6 or 7 depending on if they can rplace the qb.

My personal picks
Crest
Sp
Km (if they make the right hire)
Huss
Ashbrook
Cramer/Fv
NG
A friend of mine said that Ashbrook had a kid behind Bess last year who was just as good and that they have a stud coming in from one of the middle schools. I have always thought that if Ashbrook can start off hot they may surprise some people, sounds like there is no talent shortage down there. It will be interesting to see what Kings Mountain does with the job and who comes and goes. Any word on what direction they are headed?

As someone who’s just a fan of football Ashbrook absolutely blows my mine… I have seen them play a few times over the years and they always look the part but doesn’t seem to put everything together…. WHY ? How can they have a team that looks the part but falls short every year

Reactions: NC Joker
A friend of mine said that Ashbrook had a kid behind Bess last year who was just as good and that they have a stud coming in from one of the middle schools. I have always thought that if Ashbrook can start off hot they may surprise some people, sounds like there is no talent shortage down there. It will be interesting to see what Kings Mountain does with the job and who comes and goes. Any word on what direction they are headed?
Dont know about the backup but the rb from NG transferred in. Rumor mills had the middle school kid going to huss but we know how the rumors can be.

And will be interesting to see the qb from sp. Was told he came from private school and credits got messed up. Heard he was either 17-18 and going to age out. If true i hate that for him.

Blee will be the real deal based on last years stats. I expect to see the ball in the air a little more this year. I know he has been throwing this summer. He suffered a leg injury last year that really slowed him down in the playoffs.

I’ve seen Twitter post of Bertwhistle kicking. I know it’s not the same without defensive pressure but the kid is impressive. He’s a senior this year.

I haven’t herd who the new Fullback will be but if the offensive line can continue the good work up front it’ll just be plug and play.

SP lost some real good players to graduation on offense and defense. The defense has more ground to make up. I think they will be solid upfront anyway. I’m not sure about the secondary. We shall see.

Belmont Middle went undefeated and won the county championship last year. So I expect some good ball players will be in that bunch of freshmen. I haven’t heard of any that may go straight to Varsity but who knows.

August is coming. GO BIG RED !!!

He'll be rising sophomore, reclassed in private/christian school from what I was told.
Although he's an awesome QB, I hear he's an even better baseball player.

So, he's a 17-18 year old sophomore?
No. Are you familiar with why athletes re-class? It's typically because they started school early and are the youngest in their class.

For example, my youngest started school on the day he turned (5) years old. He's now in the 6th grade, (11) years old and is smaller and a year younger than the majority of his teammates. If he were to excel at a sport we would look to re-class him to give him that extra year to grow and mature.

Last edited:
The Big South will have 3 legitimate state title contenders in Crest, KM, and SP. I believe the conference will come down to the Chargers and the Mountaineers because both teams return a lot of firepower and top end talent on both sides of the ball. I think both are a step ahead of the Big Red Machine. The pieces that SP lost are huge especially in their secondary. Ashbrook is the team I am watching to see if those guys take a step up. The talent is there. Stuart Cramer, FV, and Huss are all interesting. All three would finish in the top three of most 3A conferences. NG plays hard but just not have enough talent right now especially for this conference.

Last edited:
This league is going to be tough. It will be a war at the top of the food chain. Ashbrook should take a major step up if those guys can get any type of passing game whatsoever. The Brook will knock off one of the big 3 this year. I also think Ashbrook will make the playoffs and upset a higher seeded team in the 1st round. Mark it down.
Stuart Cramer and FV has some good pieces also. Both would contend in some of the lesser 3A conferences. Huss has good skill talent but are very thin in the trenches especially offensive line.

This league is going to be tough. It will be a war at the top of the food chain. Ashbrook should take a major step up if those guys can get any type of passing game whatsoever. The Brook will knock off one of the big 3 this year. I also think Ashbrook will make the playoffs and upset a higher seeded team in the 1st round. Mark it down.
Stuart Cramer and FV has some good pieces also. Both would contend in some of the lesser 3A conferences. Huss has good skill talent but are very thin in the trenches especially offensive line.
SC secondary took a big hit losing that kid to KM…

No. Are you familiar with why athletes re-class? It's typically because they started school early and are the youngest in their class.

For example, my youngest started school on the day he turned (5) years old. He's now in the 6th grade, (11) years old and is smaller and a year younger than the majority of his teammates. If he were to excel at a sport we would look to re-class him to give him that extra year to grow and mature.
LMAO....is that why they re-class?

Those guys graduating their 4yr starter at quarterback is their biggest hit. Those guys have some decent young talent on their roster. Curious to see what becomes of it.
Without a good QB and secondary they will be lucky to win 4 games this season. Roqomore (my spelling sucks) seemed to be there forever

Without a good QB and secondary they will be lucky to win 4 games this season. Roqomore (my spelling sucks) seemed to be there forever
Those guys have a pretty good group of young athletes that will be sophomores and freshmen. Their freshmen class is really talented and their future is bright if they can keep those guys at Cramer of course.

Reactions: Crestuff
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT