ADVERTISEMENT

Big South way too early predictions

100%, you have a different opinion?
It's not my opinion...it's a fact.
If you are born in Aug. through July and you start school at 5 and turn 6 toward the end or immediately after that school year....you didn't start early - you started on time. So this goes for ANYbody re-classing.

This type of thing is part and parcel of the breakdown of our society currently; that being people just making up their own rules. They don't like the rules, so they make the rules change instead of adjusting to them. You can't make me respect it.

If a kid has trouble in school...of course you consider something like this. But, I don't know of one re-class who isn't a smart kid with good grades. We have certain counties, school systems, certain sports and areas of the country who just play by their own set of rules and the rest be d@mned. Those who do this shouldn't strut around. They're walking around the halls of their high schools with a full beard as a "freshman". They will be bald by the time they graduate HS. Obviously It is 100% done for sports reasons, and not for their spiritual or educational growth and maturity. What is the next loophole we can figure out to cheat as a society?

It's not my opinion...it's a fact.
If you are born in Aug. through July and you start school at 5 and turn 6 toward the end or immediately after that school year....you didn't start early - you started on time. So this goes for ANYbody re-classing.

This type of thing is part and parcel of the breakdown of our society currently; that being people just making up their own rules. They don't like the rules, so they make the rules change instead of adjusting to them. You can't make me respect it.

If a kid has trouble in school...of course you consider something like this. But, I don't know of one re-class who isn't a smart kid with good grades. We have certain counties, school systems, certain sports and areas of the country who just play by their own set of rules and the rest be d@mned. Those who do this shouldn't strut around. They're walking around the halls of their high schools with a full beard as a "freshman". They will be bald by the time they graduate HS. Obviously It is 100% done for sports reasons, and not for their spiritual or educational growth and maturity. What is the next loophole we can figure out to cheat as a society?
I think we just agreed but verbally expressed it differently. It's 100% to benefit an athlete and a kid "re-classing" for grades isnt re-classing; they failed. Which is nearly impossible to accomplish in our blue ribbon society.

I do not have issues with re-classing although. It's hard to argue with a kid who started kindergarten on the day he turns 5 and graduates at 16-17 to re-class and be year older and stronger if he excels in sports and that extra year is impactful for recruiting purposes.

I know a kid in Gaston Co. who just put 13mph on his sitting fastball from JR to SR season.

I think we just agreed but verbally expressed it differently. It's 100% to benefit an athlete and a kid "re-classing" for grades isnt re-classing; they failed. Which is nearly impossible to accomplish in our blue ribbon society.

I do not have issues with re-classing although. It's hard to argue with a kid who started kindergarten on the day he turns 5 and graduates at 16-17 to re-class and be year older and stronger if he excels in sports and that extra year is impactful for recruiting purposes.

I know a kid in Gaston Co. who just put 13mph on his sitting fastball from JR to SR season.
Understood....but even if you're young for your grade....you graduate at 17 years old and ABOUT to be 18. It's not like they're Doogie Howser running around half the size of the other kids in the hallways. I know how much better it makes the kid look like to coaches being a year older/more mature physically/mentally and being called a grade younger.

It brings up a whole other set of stuff for organizations, schools, state to potentially deal with as this becomes more common; if certain schools are allowed to do this (or it's done more rampantly in certain areas/schools) and they play other "normal" aged kids and injuries occur - at what point does the state/org/school have responsibility for allowing a 19 year year old who maybe gained 13 MPH on his fastball to throw 94 and hit another kid in the face while at bat? Or a 19 year old who gained 15 lbs and is at 215 now as a SR playing against another team's 14 year old freshman on a football field and the risks that occur there.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT