ADVERTISEMENT

Statesville at Crest • Rd. 2 •

Sorry for the delay. Kinda hard to post and chat with you guys when I'm a teacher during the day and youth football coach in the evening. Getting ready for our ayf regional in Maryland.

Back to the game. Crest offense reminds more of USC on a high school level. Thing is there many different approaches one could take in defending their offense. 1. Get pressure on Tater. 2. Disguise your coverages. Show a man look and switch to zone and zone blitz him. 3. Grind the game out. Force Crest to have fewer possessions. Always pull a rabbit out the hat. Trick plays, onside kick, fake punts etc. Win lose or draw, I'm excited. I hope in the near future we can set up home and home series with Crest. It'll only make us better.
You’re a great fan Champ. Much respect. Thanks for helping out young people.

I hope it’s so good we’re all sweating.

Sorry for the delay. Kinda hard to post and chat with you guys when I'm a teacher during the day and youth football coach in the evening. Getting ready for our ayf regional in Maryland.

Back to the game. Crest offense reminds more of USC on a high school level. Thing is there many different approaches one could take in defending their offense. 1. Get pressure on Tater. 2. Disguise your coverages. Show a man look and switch to zone and zone blitz him. 3. Grind the game out. Force Crest to have fewer possessions. Always pull a rabbit out the hat. Trick plays, onside kick, fake punts etc. Win lose or draw, I'm excited. I hope in the near future we can set up home and home series with Crest. It'll only make us better.
Yeah ……that’s easier to type out than it is to actually achieve. I’m sure 11 t ams have thought the exact thing only to get 50 hung on them .. Just sayin

What does travel football have to do with Cleveland County, Dudley and a few other teams playing by their own rules instead of like the rest of the state?
I also don't agree with re-classes.... so it isn't a double standard.

Also - this travel team you talk about coached by an SP alum....nobody knows who you are talking about. No relevance or connection to SPs program. If any kid at SP DID play on a travel team it doesn't matter...they didn't get good playing there. I guarantee you they are better off now on SPs team than whatever travel team they played on. Probably had to un-learn some bad habits.

Last....loser mentality? LOL. You can check SP/KMs record as easily as I can. KM is a loser program historically, and you are about to be on the recruiting trail again in a couple days to week tops.
You are the one who always brings up travel football. The fact that you do not know the SP alum who coached one of the best middle school travel teams on the east coast tells me further that you and your friends do not know anything about youth football in your area or what these kids and parents are actually doing today today. It’s not 1970 anymore. Because YOU don’t like change doesn’t make it wrong. The SP alum that I referenced is one of the best football players to ever play in Belmont. Also high school football coaches from Hough, Chambers, and Rock Hill were on staff so I doubt that those kids were being taught bad habits. Get up out of your rocking chair, turn off that old black/white tv with two channels, and come out into the real world where time keeps moving forward. Run back to whoever you talk to so y’all can marinate on all the change around you in the last 40yrs. Hopefully you realize that helmets have face masks on them now..

Last edited:
I will, 80's style...
Definitely won’t be a score of 7-6. Bet my house on it. Sitdown and Debo; great day on the thread!!! Tremendous! Grey green and cold; you gotta do better than this! Rulz just wants to play. We expect better from you tomorrow on game day! SP sucks! Statesville it will be worse tomorrow night than last season. #saddleup #theranch #thestable #thesid #whatevernameyouchoose #wewinbig

Definitely won’t be a score of 7-6. Bet my house on it. Sitdown and Debo; great day on the thread!!! Tremendous! Grey green and cold; you gotta do better than this! Rulz just wants to play. We expect better from you tomorrow on game day! SP sucks! Statesville it will be worse tomorrow night than last season. #saddleup #theranch #thestable #thesid #whatevernameyouchoose #wewinbig
If you dare to even the series...

Looking forward to see what the wet draws Crest posters have to say when they come back in this thread

steve-urkel-family-matters.gif

Most don’t know football but I know you do and a lot of posters thought Crest would roll over them.
What most people do not realize is that good coaches study film relentlessly. They will study not only their opponents film but also study what your opponents did that gave you trouble. I know some coaches that will watch film of every single game that their opponents have played. The KM game created a blueprint for teams with athletes in the secondary to defend the Crest passing game even though KM lost. KM coaches knew that teams were going to try and mimic the Crest defensive strategy against them moving forward. West Charlotte and Dudley are going to do the same. Each week will get tougher.

This was not the Chargers finest moment. Dropped balls, turnovers, and Tater was a little off tonight but he will get it worked out.

The Crest D was solid tonight they gave up a couple big plays but all in all they was solid. On a night when the O was not to good they took up the slack!

Statesville was tough and played hard and #2 is a beast!

Reactions: ChargerFan89
What most people do not realize is that good coaches study film relentlessly. They will study not only their opponents film but also study what your opponents did that gave you trouble. I know some coaches that will watch film of every single game that their opponents have played. The KM game created a blueprint for teams with athletes in the secondary to defend the Crest passing game even though KM lost. KM coaches knew that teams were going to try and mimic the Crest defensive strategy against them moving forward. West Charlotte and Dudley are going to do the same. Each week will get tougher.
How much do you really know about how tough it gets each week? Are you speaking of your experience? Asking for a friend…. Go hibernate until next year. We may be shut down next week, but y’all are SHUTDOWN this week. See ya neighbor.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT