ADVERTISEMENT

Northeastern Eagles 🦅

daagoob

Dec 4, 2010
Elizabeth City
At the 4:20 mark you can get a glimpse of our future at qb. The kids name is Zac Ishman and he has a cannon for an arm. He comes in with a lot of hype but will have to wait his turn because Tre Jones is only a junior. We also have a big time rb coming in who’s father (Daronte McNeil) starred here and was a 3 star recruit with a lot of D1 offer. The kid is only a freshman and is 6’2 185 and extremely powerful. The word around here is this kid has it all and may end up being better than his father. Our Jv team is undefeated and is coming off a win over Tarboro. I try and tone it down a bit but I’m just really excited about the present team and how good our future looks. I believe if we can tighten up our defense just a little bit we will have a good shot at winning the East. I think we are way better than most up here think and that our running game is second to none. We have weaknesses like all teams but I believe there’s a lot more things that our kids excel at. One such thing I’ve noticed is our ability to force turnovers and our return team with Sylvester and company has really played well. If we can just I make improvements in our pass coverage I think we’ll put ourselves in position to win the east. I feel Clinton is the top team in the east and I think this Northeastern team is the one team in the state that can compete with them.

Goob, I’ve never seen your Eagles play. I only got my first look at Clinton earlier in the season. The thing based on my opinion that makes Clinton so formidable is they are great on offense and defense. I’d be willing to bet NE could score some to keep it close but could you stop Clinton? It would be one hell of a game. I may have to come down the mountain for this game IF it happens. I’ll bring a thermos full of the wife’s famous mole-rat stew. Yum Yum!!!

Shout out to our kicker Johnathan Akers. This kid has done a complete 360 and since September 15th he’s gone 24-24 on pat’s and hit his only fg attempt of 28 yards. Just the small things but they will be important come playoffs

Goob, I’ve never seen your Eagles play. I only got my first look at Clinton earlier in the season. The thing based on my opinion that makes Clinton so formidable is they are great on offense and defense. I’d be willing to bet NE could score some to keep it close but could you stop Clinton? It would be one hell of a game. I may have to come down the mountain for this game IF it happens. I’ll bring a thermos full of the wife’s famous mole-rat stew. Yum Yum!!!
We can definitely score with them but I’d be lying if I told you I thought our defense could stop them. We are just to young and I don’t think we can stop a good passing team. I do think we have a team that could beat them if we had an all around good performance. I definitely want some of that stew if this game were to happen and you came down from the mountains. I’m headed up that way in a few weeks and I’ll be taking in a game either in western Nc,Eastern Tn, or West Virginia

A good consistent kicker ain’t no small thing.
Otis he’s really stepped up and played well. He’s not going to blow you away but he’s consistent like you said. I see so many teams nowadays that have absolutely no kicking game and that’s just sad. You just can’t win championships without having some semblance of a kicking game.

Northeastern knocked off a highly ranked Green Run Va team back in an August scrimmage held in Elizabeth City. That same 5a Green Run team has 5 D1 players and is undefeated at 6-0 and ranked #2 in Virginia.

Last edited:
They Eagles love a shootout. They definitely will be tough to beat.
Coach Moore keeps it interesting that’s for sure. I wouldn’t be surprised if we got in a battle against Currituck County. For whatever reason we seem to struggle against them a lot of years. Hey Oldway how am I supposed to get my steak dinner if Wrh beats your Panthers and Northeastern gets the 1 seed? We don’t have a steak house in Elizabeth City yet, although they are building a Texas Roadhouse here.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
If only we were closer to Fayetteville
It'd be the same outcome. Where them freshwater boys at? Seen they are not even playing even at these tiny schools? Seen JR left VA after not playing much at all

It'd be the same outcome. Where them freshwater boys at? Seen they are not even playing even at these tiny schools? Seen JR left VA after not playing much at all
Traveon Freshwater is at ECSU, I thought Kaveon was at St. Augustine with the other Northeastern guys but Im not sure. I saw Traveon helping out with the Camden County kids. The Freshwater kids are good Christian kids who will go far in life.

@Swo1980 google the name Daronte McNeil (Northeastern Football). His son will be coming up next year and will be one you like because of his size and strength. You will see why everyone is excited and the coaches say the kid is going to be a stud.

Traveon Freshwater is at ECSU, I thought Kaveon was at St. Augustine with the other Northeastern guys but Im not sure. I saw Traveon helping out with the Camden County kids. The Freshwater kids are good Christian kids who will go far in life.

Thought both them young men would excel at the next level. Wish they had better luck. Thought traveon would break out at ECU, wish he had better grades and could have went to a big time school. Glad to hear both are standup men and anyone who lives that way, will be great additions to the community

@Swo1980 google the name Daronte McNeil (Northeastern Football). His son will be coming up next year and will be one you like because of his size and strength. You will see why everyone is excited and the coaches say the kid is going to be a stud.
I saw him play back in the day, greattt athlete to say the least. His son has the DNA but we shall see if he can stay healthy and work his butt off, should be a great player. Is he gonna stay at NE or go to a contender? Lol

At the 4:20 mark you can get a glimpse of our future at qb. The kids name is Zac Ishman and he has a cannon for an arm. He comes in with a lot of hype but will have to wait his turn because Tre Jones is only a junior. We also have a big time rb coming in who’s father (Daronte McNeil) starred here and was a 3 star recruit with a lot of D1 offer. The kid is only a freshman and is 6’2 185 and extremely powerful. The word around here is this kid has it all and may end up being better than his father. Our Jv team is undefeated and is coming off a win over Tarboro. I try and tone it down a bit but I’m just really excited about the present team and how good our future looks. I believe if we can tighten up our defense just a little bit we will have a good shot at winning the East. I think we are way better than most up here think and that our running game is second to none. We have weaknesses like all teams but I believe there’s a lot more things that our kids excel at. One such thing I’ve noticed is our ability to force turnovers and our return team with Sylvester and company has really played well. If we can just I make improvements in our pass coverage I think we’ll put ourselves in position to win the east. I feel Clinton is the top team in the east and I think this Northeastern team is the one team in the state that can compete with them.
Good post dagoob

Coach Moore keeps it interesting that’s for sure. I wouldn’t be surprised if we got in a battle against Currituck County. For whatever reason we seem to struggle against them a lot of years. Hey Oldway how am I supposed to get my steak dinner if Wrh beats your Panthers and Northeastern gets the 1 seed? We don’t have a steak house in Elizabeth City yet, although they are building a Texas Roadhouse here.
When we played there a couple years ago we ate at a good place downtown right on the river. Not a big place but good food and service. Nice view too

I saw him play back in the day, greattt athlete to say the least. His son has the DNA but we shall see if he can stay healthy and work his butt off, should be a great player. Is he gonna stay at NE or go to a contender? Lol
If you go on the Northeastern Football account (Instagram) you can see him. The kid is huge already at 6’2 185 (freshman). I didn’t realize his father had all those ACC offers until I got to looking. We had a rb here Jacque Lewis that starred at UNC and went on to the NFL. He was our best rb ever.

When we played there a couple years ago we ate at a good place downtown right on the river. Not a big place but good food and service. Nice view too
That was Groupers I believe Wiz. The food was really good. If by chance we were to meet up in Elizabeth City there is a place downtown called Hoppin Johns that is awesome. It’s a bar/restaurant but they have some great tasting food, especially the burgers.

Coaches are saying he’s even better. I personally haven’t seen him play but there is a lot of hype for him and that qb in the waiting.

I think Swo is possibly a third rd team, am I mistaken? @Swo1980

Depending on the seeding and matchup. We have zero size and discipline I mean zerooooo. But have some confidence and a chip on the young kids shoulders. Three good backs and two decent QBs. If we had any type of coaching on either side of the ball, could be third or fourth rd team. But hopefully for the kids, they can beat JK and ED and surprise some people. SWO plays hard as nails but have to control the flags and dumb mistakes. We shall see though

Depending on the seeding and matchup. We have zero size and discipline I mean zerooooo. But have some confidence and a chip on the young kids shoulders. Three good backs and two decent QBs. If we had any type of coaching on either side of the ball, could be third or fourth rd team. But hopefully for the kids, they can beat JK and ED and surprise some people. SWO plays hard as nails but have to control the flags and dumb mistakes. We shall see though
Seem to be playing better as of late. That video that was posted weeks ago spoke volumes for sure.

Seem to be playing better as of late. That video that was posted weeks ago spoke volumes for sure.

Played teams with kids who wouldn't make the rec league where everyone tryouts makes the team. Never seen such three non athletic teams ever in my 25+ years watching SWO ball. Lenoir teams and Kinston remind me of them beach schools NE play. Cupcake city, no reason for anyone to think SWO is a good team by curb stomping them clowns

Reactions: daagoob
Played teams with kids who wouldn't make the rec league where everyone tryouts makes the team. Never seen such three non athletic teams ever in my 25+ years watching SWO ball. Lenoir teams and Kinston remind me of them beach schools NE play. Cupcake city, no reason for anyone to think SWO is a good team by curb stomping them clowns
Who do you think would win between the two OBX schools and both North and South Lenoir? I’m not sure who I’d take lol.

1-6 Manteo Redskins will be coming to Elizabeth City Friday night. As everyone knows their football program is in the gutter along with the other OBX school. Their lone win on the season came against 0-7 First Flight in the Marlin Bowl.

• Haha
Reactions: Swo1980
To bad swo like a turtle never catching up with anybody.

We never hype up a team. We only let the work on the field do the talking. We have multiple titles and multiple NFL players and top 100 athletes of all time out of all sports. We don't need to brag or hype anything. We have always won titles with homegrown talent young grasshopper 🦗. But whatever makes you sleep at night. 🚂

Reactions: Maiden Creek
We never hype up a team. We only let the work on the field do the talking. We have multiple titles and multiple NFL players and top 100 athletes of all time out of all sports. We don't need to brag or hype anything. We have always won titles with homegrown talent young grasshopper 🦗. But whatever makes you sleep at night. 🚂
Haven’t been relevant in close to 20 years so there’s nothing to hype but history. Instead you want to perpetuate lies about a team you actually know nothing about and call people / coaches name. Your program still has a long way to go

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT