ADVERTISEMENT

(3) SWE 10-2 vs (6) Whiteville 10-2 UPDATES

SWE'98

Aug 17, 2010
Brawn meets brawn in Pinetops tonight. Paw vs paw. Canine vs big cat. The Wolfpack brings their stout defense to Cougar Stadium to see if it can slow down SWE's high scoring offense. But make no mistake about it, Whiteville's offense is no slouch either. They've actually put up more points than the Cougars. However, the strength of schedule favors SWE, partly because of the 2A/1A conference that Whiteville resides in. The two teams that SWE lost to are 20-2, 2A and 1A teams that are both still in the playoffs. The two teams that Whiteville lost to are 23-1, 2A and 1A teams that both still in the playoffs. One of their losses was to Clinton, who I'm sure we would lose to, and one of our losses was to Tarboro, who I think could defeat Whiteville.
I'm expecting defensive resistance like we haven't seen all year. Out of 12 games, they've only been scored on more than once 5 times. That's 7 games of 1 TD or less. Yikes! However.....I'm also expecting an offensive output that they haven't seen yet. I think we can utilize our speed and excellent blocking to get to the outside. I don't think there would be a point in running up the gut, other than to set them up for a sweep. Defensively, well, I'm just hoping that we play well enough to give us a chance. I have been critical of that side of the ball, but the defense has been lights out lately. I just need them to be...there...somewhere....on the field tonight. As usual, I will update, but I'm sure their poster will be doing the same. Safe travels to the Pack crew. I hope we are rude and ungracious hosts tonight!

Pack does run up the gut but with counters and designed QB runs quite a bit. Everybody has put their best cover man on #3 for us JR Will Fisher but he is a ball hawk and seems to catch everything thrown close, its pretty amazing how good his hands are. We've had our time going to Marlboro(I mean Tarboro:) and that is a tough place to win no doubt. Maybe we will get to see them play West Columbus in the 1A playoffs.
On D coach Matt Scott always seems to get the most out of his players, not much fancy just good technical, disciplined football and they play through the echo of the whistle.
We seem to wear D's down and score a lot in the 2nd half with long drives. Hate to jinx us but have not had many turnovers, including none against East Duplin. I wish you just enough luck to score one point less than the Pack!

Reactions: SWE'98
QB draws give us fits. Our interceptions usually come from wildly inaccurate passes, rather than mano y mano on a receiver. However, we don't turn the ball over much. The only fumbles I can recall happened during the snap. That tends to happen with a freshman QB that wasn't the starter at the beginning.
Should be a great game. It won't be freezing. And above all, the field is dry......ish.

• Haha
Reactions: CrazyHeel
For us (SWE) to win tonight, we must limit enforced errors. False starts and other dead ball penalties must be at a minimum. We also must keep our cool. There have been way too many unsportsmanlike penalties called on us this season. We have to stay on schedule, and ahead of the chains to grind this thing out. Whiteville seems to have some size on us, which is especially concerning considering how stingy their defense has been all year. We haven't played a power run team since Tarboro and they whipped us at the line of scrimmage the second half, which West Craven did too, but we were good enough in the end to win. Safe travels to our guests and let's hope none of the youngins get injured.

🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾

I think I am right about this #10 for us should be back and we should be a FULL strength tonight, we understand injuries do tend to happen, especially near the last part of the season. You won't find any of our posters blaming a loss on injuries.

Good luck to the cougars tonight. Would be amazing if both Tarboro and swe made it the championship in the same year. I know that's a tall task but it'd be pretty cool

Reactions: CrazyHeel
Good luck to the cougars tonight. Would be amazing if both Tarboro and swe made it the championship in the same year. I know that's a tall task but it'd be pretty cool
If we win tonight and somehow through a miracle beat NE. Will y'all play Clinton for us?

Good luck to both teams for an injury free game. Should be a great contest!! I gotta pull for my conf rival! Go SWE
Ottis been pulling for WC and Whiteville to play for years. From your post I know you are in one of the utilities field? I’m retired after 36 years from an electric coop in the se part of the state. Talk a little football and shop. Career lineman and engineer. Should be a good game, GO PACK!

Whiteville has bodies. First time in a while I've seen an opponent with players equal to or greater than ours. I know a few have to be JV players, but still. Safe to say fatigue won't come into play.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Whiteville has bodies. First time in a while I've seen an opponent with players equal to or greater than ours. I know a few have to be JV players, but still. Safe to say fatigue won't come into play.
Keep us updated!!

Reactions: dogs79
Yeah, I believe speed is gonna be our best option. Those boys in white just LOOK strong! Just from looking, I don't know if we have a win man to man when it comes to physically looking like a football player. I'm not sure if our leading rusher fullback Willoughby is gonna have a great game. I think the name Jhakari Lovely might be spoken quite a bit. He's the hb. Really fast and small.

First play, 12 yards. Penalty called, but we didn't see a flag. 1st and 20.

False starts makes it 3rd and 17. No gain. Punt to White 32.

3rd and 10 from swe 43, 25 yard run in the draw. I saw that play online, where the rb gets the handoff behind his back. Looks weird.

QB runs and fumbles, recovered by offense. Next play, screen pass wide open. Receiver fumbles at the 3, recovered by SWE.

Reactions: WrhDog448
5 penalties on us already. 2 holding, 2 false starts, 1 ineligible man downfield.

SWE to punt from the 2. Snap goes out of the end zone. Safety.
SWE 0
White 2

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT