ADVERTISEMENT

Whiteville (6) and SW Edgecombe (3) updates/predictions

sam

May 29, 2001
I think Whiteville pulls off the upset.

Interested in the East Duplin fans thoughts. I’ve seen Whiteville once vs Clinton and they were actually impressive even in a comfortable loss.

East Duplin fans, team and coaches. Really enjoyed the game last night your fans, team and coaches exhibited the sportsmanship that is commendable, your team plays the with passion your fans cheer with passion and your coaches coach with passion, all three act like they've been there before, nice to see and I for one know that just doesn't happen without a lot of work. Good luck next year!

Looking at their results, Whiteville seems to have a good defense but I admittedly don't know anything about their opponents. But they just held East Duplin to 7 points. It should be a great ball game.

Reactions: daagoob
Knowing nothing about SWE I think our coaches will have our charges ready for next Friday night. You can look for diverse offense that can run and throw when need, and a QB that can take off an any time, including some designed running plays. On D we play assignment football and everybody does their job. I look for a competitive game.

Reactions: dirty stallion
East Duplin fans, team and coaches. Really enjoyed the game last night your fans, team and coaches exhibited the sportsmanship that is commendable, your team plays the with passion your fans cheer with passion and your coaches coach with passion, all three act like they've been there before, nice to see and I for one know that just doesn't happen without a lot of work. Good luck next year!
Thanks. Whiteville has a good team. But ED did have a couple of fans last night we would have loved to of left in Whiteville with y'all . 🤣 Guess everyone got those

Thanks. Whiteville has a good team. But ED did have a couple of fans last night we would have loved to of left in Whiteville with y'all . 🤣 Guess everyone got those
Trust me whiteville has more than their fair share 😂

• Haha
Reactions: oldway55

Thanks. Good luck next Friday.

We have a few I'd put on the trading block.

Reactions: oldway55
Yea. I was gonna say the cougars beat the pack a few years ago. If I’m not mistaken the pack beat wallace in round one, then lost to the cougars

Yea. I was gonna say the cougars beat the pack a few years ago. If I’m not mistaken the pack beat wallace in round one, then lost to the cougars
Yes. That was a bad year for Wallace. Without looking, I think they went 7-5. All I know is Whiteville came to Pinetops and laid some wood.

I don't think so, but i don't remember. John Carter said they played when he was a junior, but I don't remember that either. Gess I'am getting to old.
Played them Ty Moss senior year the week after we beat Wallace . Not sure of year! Very physical game!

Good luck on the basketball court lol
Not sure who you are or where your from but that comment is childish….go away
Played them Ty Moss senior year the week after we beat Wallace . Not sure of year! Very physical game!
I thought we lost to Mountain Heritage Ty’s Sr year in a shoot out 4th round I think. Maybe 3rd round we were in the West🤪
I'm not sure who u are n don't care to know so shut. My comment wasn't for you.
Go back to your teams threads I care who you are if you make stupid comments like that shut….cool 🧐

Not sure who you are or where your from but that comment is childish….go away

I thought we lost to Mountain Heritage Ty’s Sr year in a shoot out 4th round I think. Maybe 3rd round we were in the West🤪

Go back to your teams threads I care who you are if you make stupid comments like that shut….cool 🧐
That was 2017 and Luke Little was coach then. Not sure of Moss class. I may be wrong on being senior at SW Edgecombe. Memory not what it once was!

We just played each other in 2019. We hosted the Pack in the second round of the playoffs, won by SWE 42-28. We finished 12-2, Whiteville 9-3. If Whiteville has the same philosophy as they did 4 years ago, I'm expecting us to need ice baths after the game.
This is the correct answer. We lost to Goobs troops the next week.

Strick,Whiteville had never played SWE have they?
I don’t know what the forecast is for Friday night, but if you are visiting…that field at SWE is strange. There is a swamp behind the visitor side bleachers and the home side is the high ground. It can be bone dry on the home side and downright slippery on the other. Hopefully it’s a dry week and they pack the house.

I don’t know what the forecast is for Friday night, but if you are visiting…that field at SWE is strange. There is a swamp behind the visitor side bleachers and the home side is the high ground. It can be bone dry on the home side and downright slippery on the other. Hopefully it’s a dry week and they pack the house.
Half of the home side walkway in front of the stands had over an inch of puddled water after that small shower that passed over before the game with y'all this year. It don't take much water to saturate the whole place. We even got a name for it.. MODEAN....the lady of the misty swamp.

There's also a 180 class buck I've been hunting for two years back there too. I've seen black bears and coyotes come out of the swamp during games before.

Half of the home side walkway in front of the stands had over an inch of puddled water after that small shower that passed over before the game with y'all this year. It don't take much water to saturate the whole place. We even got a name for it.. MODEAN....the lady of the misty swamp.
Bet there's not one student or employee at SWE that has ever heard the name Modean! Modean was as mysterious as the secret pool on the 3rd floor lol.

Reactions: Otis4411
Currently, it's the crown of the field that's bone dry. Players were kicking up dust between the 40s, while it looked slippery in the end zones. It was weird to see dust because the grass is fine. I guess we didn't wet the field enough this time lol.

If the swing in temps is just right, a misty fog will drift and hang over the field about 100 feet over the lights. In the mid-late 80's it happened at every game. Jimmy Tillman (RIP) yelled out here comes MODEAN referring the the fog, and the MODEAN defense was born. A team in the early 2000's had t shirts with MODEAN on them.

Reactions: Strick68
There's also a 180 class buck I've been hunting for two years back there too. I've seen black bears and coyotes come out of the swamp during games before.
Several years ago (maybe 20) Clinton was playing one of those Halifax County schools east of Roanoke Ralids, it had to be hunting season but we got there before dark. There was somone actually hunting in a field pretty close to the visitor side bleachers

Several years ago (maybe 20) Clinton was playing one of those Halifax County schools east of Roanoke Ralids, it had to be hunting season but we got there before dark. There was somone actually hunting in a field pretty close to the visitor side bleachers
I've been in those woods behind SW and heard the band practicing on a many of days.

So does South Columbus. More than Whiteville I promise you that. The way most of you talked about your coach this year was downright shameful, so you don't have a right to say anything. Every time most of you open your mouth, you make a fool out of yourself.
Now I know you ain’t talking about that 😂😂 boy I tell ya glass houses … maybe you’ve forgot before coach price got there and that sideline mafia y’all got over there was running coaches out of town 😂😂 boy you something else

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT