ADVERTISEMENT

Why Is WRH So Hated!!

ECC Was the toughest conference before all this realignment mess started so oc on the real I wasn’t caring about none of what you had to say I can type with correct punctuation and with perfect paragraph setting who cares this just a cash board both of these last two posters are trolls

ECC Was the toughest conference before all this realignment mess started so oc on the real I wasn’t caring about none of what you had to say I can type with correct punctuation and with perfect paragraph setting who cares this just a cash board both of these last two posters are trolls
It still would be tough if they hadn’t of kicked out the #1 team in the state.

Yall jump in on the end of something Wrh n Clinton played each other for years when Clinton was the standard in High school!! 34 knows more of the history than me I remember fuzzy and Jaris and scooter n those boys were legit that whole conference was good from top to bottom they played all top schools their are those that can speak to this more than I can!!

Reactions: Wizard of the East
Yall jump in on the end of something Wrh n Clinton played each other for years when Clinton was the standard in High school!! 34 knows more of the history than me I remember fuzzy and Jaris and scooter n those boys were legit that whole conference was good from top to bottom they played all top schools their are those that can speak to this more than I can!!
Nah I was just a kid in the 90’s I know y’all don’t really like him but Wiz knows more Clinton history than me. I’m more 2000s to now. Anything 90’s 80’s and beyond Steve can tell you about it better than me.

Reactions: O&B Attack
I know half of the 90s I was a freshmen in 94 so I remember a little. I think those guys was gone couple years before I got there

I watched NASCAR I liked Earnhardt and D waltrip , JG!! But I got ya otis
Yes I was one of the few that was in between on Dale Sr.....My first favorite was DW in the 17 Tide ride when I was a kid in the late 80s....he got me started as a Hendrick fan, then I had a couple of years of liking DW with his own team, Dale Jarrett in the 18 for Gibbs (many years before they went to Toyota), Ricky Rudd in he 5 Tide ride, liked Harry Gant in 33, Michael Waltrip in the 30, even thought highly of Ernie Irvan in the 4, Kyle Petty's 42 Mello Yello car looked sharp, and I liked Hut Stricklin; his rookie year he was in the 57 Heinz car, and i'm one of those who likes a few fries to go with my ketchup and then later he went to the 12 with Bobby Allison's team.....anyway, by 93, I had claimed Ricky Rudd as my favorite, but then he went to his own team, and unlike DW, he left the Chevy camp, so I claimed Jeff Gordon as my favorite at the beginning of 94, before he ever won a race.....Dale Sr., was my dad's favorite, and I just needed a different favorite, I suppose he was my least favorite Chevrolet, but he was still a Chevy so I would usually rather see him win (races, and especially championships) instead of the brigade of Fords, grew up going to church where the only Chevy guys were my dad and one other, and everybody else talking sports after church were Ford guys......and for what it's worth most of those same ones were NC State fans (and a few alumni or their kids went there) or Duke fans and I was the only Tar Heel

I think most ED fans have no hate or jealousy for WRH. The communities are so intertwined with each other as most have family and/or friends on both sides the river. Throw in the Holley connection and you got yourself two blood brothers that just so happens to have at least one big fight annually. I roomed at ECU with a WRH guy (still close friends) and all the Wallace and ED guys and gals partied together. In the end we are not ED and Wallace, we are sons and daughters of Duplin. In fact, I wish the county would combine the resources of the two schools to make South Duplin. Now, that would be one hell of a team and school!

I think most ED fans have no hate or jealousy for WRH. The communities are so intertwined with each other as most have family and/or friends on both sides the river. Throw in the Holley connection and you got yourself two blood brothers that just so happens to have at least one big fight annually. I roomed at ECU with a WRH guy (still close friends) and all the Wallace and ED guys and gals partied together. In the end we are not ED and Wallace, we are sons and daughters of Duplin. In fact, I wish the county would combine the resources of the two schools to make South Duplin. Now, that would be one hell of a team and school!

Oh yeah, you think that imaginary school would knock Havlock out of top dog status in that area?

Oh yeah, you think that imaginary school would knock Havlock out of top dog status in that area?
Honestly, I would be more interested in offering the kids better academic programs and more efficient use of our scarce resources. But, yeah South Duplin would compete well with Jacksonville, Havelock or New Burn in a hypothetical world. It probably will never happen as the politics/culture is too concrete; however, it should.

Reactions: O&B Attack
You came! No shame in being a hater. When I was your age I despised ed & jk. I've mellowed a bit the last few years
I have to keep that persona up that I hate the Dogs but some of those close to you know the way I really feel. I think your team beats Hertford County by a couple tds but one thing you can’t let them do is get out in front. What they lack in defense they more than make up for in offense. We all know this game is gonna happen so no need to wait another week.

Reactions: dogs79
Wanna see hate, stroll over to the kinston vs Clinton thread. Needless to say it’s why ncpreps loses posters daily. Especially cause of that jackass from SWO with 10 different usernames because of like 5 bans. Its a thread about the game, maybe 1-2 posts are about “the game”

Reactions: FootballDad2023
Honestly, I would be more interested in offering the kids better academic programs and more efficient use of our scarce resources. But, yeah South Duplin would compete well with Jacksonville, Havelock or New Burn in a hypothetical world. It probably will never happen as the politics/culture is too concrete; however, it should.

I'ts not that serious for me in this thread.

Reactions: daagoob
In all honesty, an all-duplin county football team would smoke a Havelock, year in and year out. The athletes that would fill that roster would be insane when you factor in the players from WRH, ED, and JK. The land size of the county makes the logistics a nightmare though. It's interesting to think about, but the loss of those rich rivalries would outweigh the good in my opinion.

I just hate posts that have way too many exclamation points!!!!!!!! Or Words that aren’t Supposed to be Capitalized. Or run on sentences that make paragraphs completely unable to be understood.
But I think I know who is the model for those😂
How do you feel about yellow school buses and venn diagrams?

I don't want them to combine but I'd be lying if I said I never thought about what a powerhouse the combination would be.

Just think of all the championships we've kept each other from. How many conference championships the other would have if not for the other and how that would have affected playoff seeding throughout the years.

I didnt know WRH is "hated" I dont hate WRH. Hell I couldnt find it on a NC map. I know theyve had a lot of success, mainly due to their obscure location in an area of less than few competitive teams. Thats not that unusual, Other teams with outlandish win loss records are also similarly fortunate due to their location. (Reidsville is a prime example,) This doesnt mean WRH/Reidsville arent NFL quality teams, But it DOES mean their yearly path to success is much easier than most teams before they even get to the title game. With dominance in the conferenced they play in, combined with careful non-conference scheduling, both are all but guaranteed to be playing at home up to the title game itself most years. Do I think they would fare as well in a much more competitive western bracket? OR, say, in Shelby conference. Not hardly. Does it mean that we hate them? No it doesnt.
I don't know why you think because an area is rural that it is somewhat less capable of winning a championship. You are from an area that is not exactly a booming metropolis. As for not being able to find WRH on a map, I doubt you could find Asheville on a map. As for obscure locations being a place to hide from competition Reidsville is a poor example for you position. Within the bounds of Reidsville's conference there has in recent years been 27 football state champions with 9 separate schools holding those trophies 4A,3A and 2A. It would be kind of hard to hide in such a competitive area. If your school is any good at all you dang sure know where Reidsville is. All of the good ones have been here many times in the playoffs. To win in the playoffs you have to be somebody that can beat anybody. If you are in the east, and you are any good, you dang sure know where WRH is and Clinton and any of the other good obscure area teams are. You will know because you will have to go there in playoffs because they will hold a good seed. If you think about it, it is probably much harder to build solid teams in spread out areas than in the urban areas. Imagine a young 10 year old wanting to play and the Saturday morning 12U games are 20 miles away. Where will he learn? I don't see how some of these teams do it, a lot of it has to just be tough kids from tough places.

Last edited:
I’m not reading this s*** show of a thread but I certainly don’t hate Wallace. Even when they were stacking ships it only seemed like rivalry talk mostly from ED and JK. Good people for the most part.

Just a thought on WRH....(meant to say this last night but the NASCAR comment got me distracted).....They are one of many programs that I've highly respected for decades.....I've seen them in person one time; those who've followed my posts for the last 19 years might associate me with South Granville, where I've worked and been the stat guy for football & baseball and playoff projection bracketologist and playoff twitter reporter for every sport, but the really old school posters that have been on the board for a while might remember that I was originally from Gates County and they were the primary team I followed all through college and grad school, and my junior year of college, the Barons had a regional final playoff game a WRH....I made the 2 hour drive from Chapel Hill hoping for the best, but those Dogs were in another league compared to everybody else we (Gates Co. HS) had played that year; the conference was tough with Williamston, Roanoke, Plymouth, Perquimans, Southside, Northside; we won some and lost some, and we had non-conference wins over Hertford Co., Northampton-East, Currituck, and Pasquotank, and lost a tough one to Manteo, but breezed through the first three rounds of the playoffs against Pamlico, Louisburg, and North Brunswick, with two different RBs with 2000 yards in the Wing T but a passing game that for the season probably threw more INTs than complete passes....everybody knew it was going to be a run to the right or the left or up the middle; everybody (in the playoffs) played Cover 1 or Cover 0 the whole game but still couldn't stop it.....until WRH that is....the Dogs had the ball first and went right down the field and scored, Barons returned the ensuing kickoff for a TD and briefly led 8-7 after a 2 point conversion, then WRH went right back down the field and there wasn't much stopping them the rest of the game....Baron rushing attack that had been so potent through the regular season and playoffs (averaging well over 400 yards a game) was held to something like 150-170 yards, most of that on the one scoring drive in either the 2nd or 3rd qtr, to cut the lead to something like 28-16, and the other scoring drive in garbage time late in 4th qtr when it was already over, to make the final score 42-24 instead of 42-16, I remember talking to the Baron coaches later speaking very complimentary of the WRH program and how they wanted to get all of our returning football guys taking weight lifting class in the spring instead of mixing and matching with some spring, some fall....and by the way I'm sure that long-time WRH folks probably remember the state finals the week after beating Gates Co. and some guy named TA McLendon had a day in the state finals about like Northern Guilford's TJ Logan did against Charlotte Catholic in 2013, and there might have been some haters on message boards ragging on WRH for being overrated pretenders, but I've always chalked that up to just how good TA was...I saw with my own eyes, 7 days earlier, what the WRH defense could do against a power running game, and have always highly respected them, along with East Duplin, Clinton, and James Kenan....I knew people at UNC who played at ED & Clinton (including 2 football guys, one of whom eventually played in the NFL) and respect all those programs....as a Tar Heel, one of my favorite RBs from recent memory is a WRH Dog, and now a Denver Bronco

About Albemarle though: what a difference the threat of passing game makes though?? When WRH stacked he box against Gates, 80-90% of the time they prevented the big play since they didn't even worry about the pass.....If you stacked the box against Albemarle, they could throw it and make you pay; I saw them twice the next year (with same QB), when they beat Thomasville to win their conference, and then in the state finals against Williamston where they won a close game; they definitely wanted to run it, but they could throw it seemingly whenever they needed to or wanted to

Just a thought on WRH....(meant to say this last night but the NASCAR comment got me distracted).....They are one of many programs that I've highly respected for decades.....I've seen them in person one time; those who've followed my posts for the last 19 years might associate me with South Granville, where I've worked and been the stat guy for football & baseball and playoff projection bracketologist and playoff twitter reporter for every sport, but the really old school posters that have been on the board for a while might remember that I was originally from Gates County and they were the primary team I followed all through college and grad school, and my junior year of college, the Barons had a regional final playoff game a WRH....I made the 2 hour drive from Chapel Hill hoping for the best, but those Dogs were in another league compared to everybody else we (Gates Co. HS) had played that year; the conference was tough with Williamston, Roanoke, Plymouth, Perquimans, Southside, Northside; we won some and lost some, and we had non-conference wins over Hertford Co., Northampton-East, Currituck, and Pasquotank, and lost a tough one to Manteo, but breezed through the first three rounds of the playoffs against Pamlico, Louisburg, and North Brunswick, with two different RBs with 2000 yards in the Wing T but a passing game that for the season probably threw more INTs than complete passes....everybody knew it was going to be a run to the right or the left or up the middle; everybody (in the playoffs) played Cover 1 or Cover 0 the whole game but still couldn't stop it.....until WRH that is....the Dogs had the ball first and went right down the field and scored, Barons returned the ensuing kickoff for a TD and briefly led 8-7 after a 2 point conversion, then WRH went right back down the field and there wasn't much stopping them the rest of the game....Baron rushing attack that had been so potent through the regular season and playoffs (averaging well over 400 yards a game) was held to something like 150-170 yards, most of that on the one scoring drive in either the 2nd or 3rd qtr, to cut the lead to something like 28-16, and the other scoring drive in garbage time late in 4th qtr when it was already over, to make the final score 42-24 instead of 42-16, I remember talking to the Baron coaches later speaking very complimentary of the WRH program and how they wanted to get all of our returning football guys taking weight lifting class in the spring instead of mixing and matching with some spring, some fall....and by the way I'm sure that long-time WRH folks probably remember the state finals the week after beating Gates Co. and some guy named TA McLendon had a day in the state finals about like Northern Guilford's TJ Logan did against Charlotte Catholic in 2013, and there might have been some haters on message boards ragging on WRH for being overrated pretenders, but I've always chalked that up to just how good TA was...I saw with my own eyes, 7 days earlier, what the WRH defense could do against a power running game, and have always highly respected them, along with East Duplin, Clinton, and James Kenan....I knew people at UNC who played at ED & Clinton (including 2 football guys, one of whom eventually played in the NFL) and respect all those programs....as a Tar Heel, one of my favorite RBs from recent memory is a WRH Dog, and now a Denver Bronco

About Albemarle though: what a difference the threat of passing game makes though?? When WRH stacked he box against Gates, 80-90% of the time they prevented the big play since they didn't even worry about the pass.....If you stacked the box against Albemarle, they could throw it and make you pay; I saw them twice the next year (with same QB), when they beat Thomasville to win their conference, and then in the state finals against Williamston where they won a close game; they definitely wanted to run it, but they could throw it seemingly whenever they needed to or wanted to
I was coaching the WRH defensive backs that year and remember that game well. Gates had a very talented offense and were well coached. We were just more physical especially in the trenches that game.
Playing Albermarle and TA that next week was one of the only times that I've been on the sidelines and and knew that we simply had no answer at all for an opponent. The first play of the game, our star linebacker met TA one yard in the backfield and stood him up. TA then proceeded to push forward and still gain 4 yards. It was right then that we knew just how ridiculously good he was. He was a grown man amongst boys and still to this day the best HS player I've ever seen in person. Even more impressive than Leak, who played QB for Independence in the game following ours. The Thomasville teams we played a couple of years later for the title were far more complete teams than Albermarle. But TA made Albermarle special.

With all due to respect to Kanye, whom I know and love. TA was a totally different animal. Best HS player I've ever seen. We were very talented back then and yet he was still the fastest player on the field even though he was also one of the biggest.
I agree but the #’s don’t lie

I agree but the #’s don’t lie
Numbers do lie. If they don't then Matt Ryan was a better quarterback than Dan Marino. Lol. And we all know they aren't even in the same class.
Numbers tell part of the story. Kanye had an incredible season and a great career. But he was nowhere near the All-American talent that TA was. That's all I'm saying.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT