ADVERTISEMENT

Why Is WRH So Hated!!

Got the numbers to argue that point. I only said close. Guess you didn’t see where I said TA was the best I’ve seen.

Reactions: Otis4411
Yall jump in on the end of something Wrh n Clinton played each other for years when Clinton was the standard in High school!! 34 knows more of the history than me I remember fuzzy and Jaris and scooter n those boys were legit that whole conference was good from top to bottom they played all top schools their are those that can speak to this more than I can!!
I can! 50 years of experience! 😃

Reactions: O&B Attack
TA Nc Lexington was one if the most dominating running backs I’ve ever seen. I saw him run over a WRH defense in a state championship game.
I’d put him in a class like Todd Gurley,. Carlester Crumpler, Tim Worley and James McDougle

He had more pure talent than any high school player I've ever seen. I think his only fault was above his shoulders. That didn't become evident until he got to nc state.

Hey Wiz, who do you consider to be the cream of the crop from Clinton all-time? You guys have had some incredible backs come through especially in the late 80's and 90's. Jerris, Fuzzy Lee, Juan Williams, Leonard, Willie, and Dixon. What's your thoughts on where they rank?

Hey Wiz, who do you consider to be the cream of the crop from Clinton all-time? You guys have had some incredible backs come through especially in the late 80's and 90's. Jerris, Fuzzy Lee, Juan Williams, Leonard, Willie, and Dixon. What's your thoughts on where they rank?
Numbers wise it's nick cooper

Reactions: WrhDog448
I spoke with Leonard Henry about this very thing, and he told me that Juan Williams was the best back to ever play at Clinton.

I spoke with Leonard Henry about this very thing, and he told me that Juan Williams was the best back to ever play at Clinton.
That's wild. I'm gonna ask him next time I see him why he thinks so. We stood together at last year's Clinton/WRH game and talked about the history of the two programs. He's become a good friend. I played against Juan my junior year. He was incredible and many think that if he didn't get hurt that year, we wouldn't have won the rematch in the playoffs. LC was the stud back then though. We also had some great battles with him in basketball before he headed off to UNC.

Reactions: Tiger_Pride21
That's wild. I'm gonna ask him next time I see him why he thinks so. We stood together at last year's Clinton/WRH game and talked about the history of the two programs. He's become a good friend. I played against Juan my junior year. He was incredible and many think that if he didn't get hurt that year, we wouldn't have won the rematch in the playoffs. LC was the stud back then though. We also had some great battles with him in basketball before he headed off to UNC.
If you're referring to the 3rd round '94' game, the 10-0 game, we weren't losing that game. One of the best defensive efforts I can remember in this series. Great night of school football

I agree. Coach Kil had a tremendous defensive game plan for that game and the next week vs Western Guilford who was also an offensive juggernaut. But it's hard to argue that Williams wouldn't have made a difference. Maybe not the outcome (that's our story and we're sticking to it) but at least the nature of the game.

I don't know why you think because an area is rural that it is somewhat less capable of winning a championship. You are from an area that is not exactly a booming metropolis. As for not being able to find WRH on a map, I doubt you could find Asheville on a map. As for obscure locations being a place to hide from competition Reidsville is a poor example for you position. Within the bounds of Reidsville's conference there has in recent years been 27 football state champions with 9 separate schools holding those trophies 4A,3A and 2A. It would be kind of hard to hide in such a competitive area. If your school is any good at all you dang sure know where Reidsville is. All of the good ones have been here many times in the playoffs. To win in the playoffs you have to be somebody that can beat anybody. If you are in the east, and you are any good, you dang sure know where WRH is and Clinton and any of the other good obscure area teams are. You will know because you will have to go there in playoffs because they will hold a good seed. If you think about it, it is probably much harder to build solid teams in spread out areas than in the urban areas. Imagine a young 10 year old wanting to play and the Saturday morning 12U games are 20 miles away. Where will he learn? I don't see how some of these teams do it, a lot of it has to just be tough kids from tough places.
"I don't know why you think because an area is rural that it is somewhat less capable of winning a championship." I dont remember writing that. I read it again, I didnt, of course. Ill answer the rest of this another time when I get facts and figures in front of me here. (Priorities you know) I am suspicious of your claim that so many championships came from the Reidsville area that WERENT Reidsville, but I will look. You ARE speaking about 2a, right? So thats where I will look.

"I don't know why you think because an area is rural that it is somewhat less capable of winning a championship." I dont remember writing that. I read it again, I didnt, of course. Ill answer the rest of this another time when I get facts and figures in front of me here. (Priorities you know) I am suspicious of your claim that so many championships came from the Reidsville area that WERENT Reidsville, but I will look. You ARE speaking about 2a, right? So thats where I will look.

He said 2A 3A and 4A. HP Andrews, Northern Guilford, Grimsley, East Forsyth, Cummings, Western Alamance, Dudley, Page all have titles in the last 20 years, and all but Cummings and Western in the last 10 or so I think.

I'm not going to try to rank them because I haven't seen all of them play but my favorite Dark Horses are Willie Parker & James Faison who I talked to many times around campus in our time together at UNC....I was in the same English class as Willie during the spring semester of our freshman year....I also remember Leonard Henry at ECU being a dynamic player....I don't think I ever met LC Stevens; he was done playing the year before I got there, I remember Fuzzy Lee as a defensive back for the Heels in the mid 90s when I was still in middle school....as the South Granville stat guy for the last 19 years, we've seen our season end at Clinton twice: Ryheem Skinner did the most damage against us rushing in the 2nd Rd of the playoffs in 2016, going over 100 yds with 2 TDs, but I might give Kris Williams MVP of that game, he only ran it twice for 20 yards, burned us with only 3 complete passes, all to Tyion Wright, but all big plays in the game, for 119 yards passing, one for a TD to start the 3rd quarter and really assert control of the game, then, Williams had a long return on a Pick 6 to put the end SG's last scoring threat and put the final nail in the coffin in the 4th Quarter.....then more recently in 2022 we went there again in 2nd Rd of the Playoffs on that rainy Thursday; that night was all about Josiah McLaurin in the wildcat (wild Horse maybe?) with 295 on 40 carries....he had 155 at halftime but the score was still 0-0 as we kept bending but not breaking on defense, either getting stops on 4th & goal or Clinton would miss a FG, while our offense struggled in the rain and against that nasty defense led by Amaris Williams....insane how good that team was last year with so few seniors on the roster

He said 2A 3A and 4A. HP Andrews, Northern Guilford, Grimsley, East Forsyth, Cummings, Western Alamance, Dudley, Page all have titles in the last 20 years, and all but Cummings and Western in the last 10 or so I think.
He said 2A 3A and 4A I dont remember reading that either. OK fair enough. BTW, How many games has Reidsville played played against any of those powerhouse teams in the last decade or so? IF they are that good surely Reidsville would rush to get them on their schedule, right? The only team I remember Reidsville playing of note during the regular season was that team from E Surry a couple years back. At home. I think (Theres a surprise) I am talking about the regular season.....In the playoffs they must play who they draw. But by then they are usually a top seed so, of course all of those games will be played at home as well. (Thats where careful NConf scheduling and weak conference comes into play.) In the ultra rare event that they have to travel to play good teams the record isnt all that impressive. THIS is my impression based on what I have seen. I will look at some of those seasons and the combined W/L records of those teams when I get time. If that impression is wrong, I will say so based on the numbers and facts. The bottom line point I am offering is that Reidsville may be the best team in ALL of NC footballdom but their path is easier than most even when they are not.

I’ve Been a watching The Last Few Days And I See So Much Hate On This Board From So Called Football Fans , Wrh Has Had A Winning Tradition In The Sport We Love Called Football !! Posters From All The Other County Schools Talk So Negative These Boards Are Supposed To Be Here Fandom Chatter Not For Personal Shots At Each Other , Some Saying This Team Is Equal With That Team But Said Given Teams Lost That’s It,IM A Bulldog Fan But I Call It Even Clinton Is Good With Rumors Of Illegal Dealings Is There Proof ? ED Is Good 9-1 Says So They Lost To Wallace ! JK Decent Team That Plays Hard! No Hate Here, Now Why DID I mention All Three Of These Teams it’s Simple All Three Are Champions And I Coach A Basketball With Players From Each Township NOT Once Have I Ever Talked To Them About Their Performances With Thier Respected Team, Maybe We Adults Can Learn Something From Them Moat Of Them Play AAU Together They Get Along Why Can’t We?

Thoughts?
Everyone but New England fans hated Tom Brady. Winning..,

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT