ADVERTISEMENT

Whiteville (6) and SW Edgecombe (3) updates/predictions

Now I know you ain’t talking about that 😂😂 boy I tell ya glass houses … maybe you’ve forgot before coach price got there and that sideline mafia y’all got over there was running coaches out of town 😂😂 boy you something else
All the mafia is dead. There you go making yourself a fool again. I recon you will never learn.

I don’t know what the forecast is for Friday night, but if you are visiting…that field at SWE is strange. There is a swamp behind the visitor side bleachers and the home side is the high ground. It can be bone dry on the home side and downright slippery on the other. Hopefully it’s a dry week and they pack the house.
Looks like rain all through game time

Reactions: loveboat500
Then it'll probably be a sand storm. I don't know what happened over the last few years, but weathermen have been dead wrong lately.
You can take all the guess work out, just leave the sprinklers on the field all night! 😂

All the mafia is dead. There you go making yourself a fool again. I recon you will never learn.
It’s easy to pat yourself on the back for being sportsmanship champions of the world when you’re on top but if you had looked at the same product we’ve looked at week in and week out for 3 years in a row yall would be lined up in front of your big shiny scoreboard with your pitchforks. Nobody enjoys beating anyone in Columbus county better than beating whiteville and that ain’t on coincidence.

It’s easy to pat yourself on the back for being sportsmanship champions of the world when you’re on top but if you had looked at the same product we’ve looked at week in and week out for 3 years in a row yall would be lined up in front of your big shiny scoreboard with your pitchforks. Nobody enjoys beating anyone in Columbus county better than beating whiteville and that ain’t on coincidence.
I think everyone enjoys beating SC more. Ask East Columbus and West Columbus. I still like WC even if they beat us, because they earned it.

Last edited:
I think everyone enjoys beating SC more. Ask East Columbus.
Well they’ve only gotten the chance to once. We’ve drug y’all’s ass up and down the field for years. Enjoy your little run, It’ll soon be over.

Well they’ve only gotten the chance to once. We’ve drug y’all’s ass up and down the field for years. Enjoy your little run, It’ll soon be over.
you are the one being dragged. I have said nothing bad about your team and I think they will be back soon. If we lose we lose, and if we win we win that is football LOL.

you are the one being dragged. I have said nothing bad about your team and I think they will be back soon. If we lose we lose, and if we win we win that is football LOL.
You asked about SWE on another thread. As stated they are big up front and very physical. They run a version of the wing T and remind me a lot of the way WRH plays. You should be very familiar with that. LOL They can pass if needed but they want to run the ball and play smashmouth. The fans are loud and beware of the cannon if they score.

Reactions: curtiscummings1
You asked about SWE on another thread. As stated they are big up front and very physical. They run a version of the wing T and remind me a lot of the way WRH plays. You should be very familiar with that. LOL They can pass if needed but they want to run the ball and play smashmouth. The fans are loud and beware of the cannon if they score.
Man, I think they put too much charge into the cannon vs West Craven one time, because that thing exploded louder than it ever has in its history! It usually scares everyone if they aren't ready for it, but this particular time, it scared EVERYONE. They haven't used it during the playoffs yet. I think they broke it lol.

Man, I think they put too much charge into the cannon vs West Craven one time, because that thing exploded louder than it ever has in its history! It usually scares everyone if they aren't ready for it, but this particular time, it scared EVERYONE. They haven't used it during the playoffs yet. I think they broke it lol.
It scares the crap out of me even thou i know its going off!!

Thanks. They sound like us. I think our defense can handle that. We have only gave up 2tds our last 4 games. Turnovers might play a big part in who wins the game. Good luck on your game. I would like to see Yua'll and West Columbus play for the Eastern Cpampionship.

Thanks. They sound like us. I think our defense can handle that. We have only gave up 2tds our last 4 games. Turnovers might play a big part in who wins the game. Good luck on your game. I would like to see Yua'll and West Columbus play for the Eastern Cpampionship.
There's so much I want to add to this conversation, but I don't want to give away anything to those that aren't familiar with us lol. I do know that the Pack defense is an entire problem! Whew boy!

I've never considered our fan base to be loud. The Tarboro game and maybe a Rocky Mount game would be the exceptions. Most of the parents won't even yell when their own kid runs onto the field. Me, on the other hand, I come packing my air horn. The West Craven game the crowd was into it. I got dropped off and had been on the sauce all day and got everybody around me riled up. It's almost like people are embarrassed to get loud. Our band plays almost continuously through the whole game with the exception of the third quarter, and they sound great. The crowd will probably be thin with rain expected to get here about 5 pm and continue throughout the entire game. That shower right before the Tarboro game kept a lot of fans home on both sides. I was surprised at that. Normally Tarboro has their side full with overflow packing in on our side.

There's so much I want to add to this conversation, but I don't want to give away anything to those that aren't familiar with us lol. I do know that the Pack defense is an entire problem! Whew boy!
I feel the same way you do. I just hope that cannon is broke. I bet your defense isn't that bad either. Do you think they will move the game to Thursday?

I feel the same way you do. I just hope that cannon is broke. I bet your defense isn't that bad either. Do you think they will move the game to Thursday?
Our defense played their best game of the year last week. The best outside contain and pursuit from the inside was excellent. Imo, our secondary is pretty damn good. They've come up with interceptions nearly every game. We've played mostly zone all year but have mixed it up with cover 1 and zone blitzes the last month. We've gotta defensive end with, I know 2 interceptions. On offense, we have a couple of backs that are real fast, and can juke linebackers out of their shoes. Our full back only needs a small crease and he's in the secondary. He doesn't go down easy and will always fall forward for an extra yard.
I doubt Whiteville would want to travel that far on Thursday. Y'all wouldn't be getting back until mid night or later, and then kids still would have to be picked up from the school and taken home. Besides, we want to play on a wet field, whether it rains or not.😆

• Haha
Reactions: Otis4411
Our defense played their best game of the year last week. The best outside contain and pursuit from the inside was excellent. Imo, our secondary is pretty damn good. They've come up with interceptions nearly every game. We've played mostly zone all year but have mixed it up with cover 1 and zone blitzes the last month. We've gotta defensive end with, I know 2 interceptions. On offense, we have a couple of backs that are real fast, and can juke linebackers out of their shoes. Our full back only needs a small crease and he's in the secondary. He doesn't go down easy and will always fall forward for an extra yard.
I doubt Whiteville would want to travel that far on Thursday. Y'all wouldn't be getting back until mid night or later, and then kids still would have to be picked up from the school and taken home. Besides, we want to play on a wet field, whether it rains or not.😆
I just hope we can Hange onto the ball. Sounds like your team like playing on a wet field. We don't because our backs like to cut and scoot to the open hole.

I just hope we can Hange onto the ball. Sounds like your team like playing on a wet field. We don't because our backs like to cut and scoot to the open hole.
I think the team with the least mistakes probably wins. We have to stay on schedule and ahead of the chains. Three yards per carry is fine and dandy with us.

I think the team with the least mistakes probably wins. We have to stay on schedule and ahead of the chains. Three yards per carry is fine and dandy with us.
I agree 100%, the same for us. I believe we think alike.

The wet field bit is in reference to Reidsville claiming that SWE intentionally muddied the field in 2009 to slow them down years ago during the playoffs. It isn't true, but they are head strong in believing it because they beat us by only 2 instead of the weekly blowouts they were accustomed to.

I'll take that all night long. Keep doing that and eventually, you'll run into the endzone.

Reactions: Strick68
I always like the environment at Southwests field. It seems like the noise echoes from being a in a hole and up against the woods.

Granted I’ve only been to maybe one game there when they weren’t playing Tarboro - but I think it makes for a good high school environment when it’s packed.

They barely have cell phone service lol
Does anyone know if Nash does then. I know Clinton does but I don't think it's much of a game. DaaGoober City doesn't and if SWE doesn't thats the best game to watch to me.

I post our game action here with no problem. Seems like somebody needs to check their cell phones lol.
I think it was better this year but in years past I couldn’t get anything. Maybe the cell tower out there just doesn’t like Purple phones.

SWE98 does SWE have the NFHS network?
We do. At least we did. I haven't been on that site this year. I've had to get a refund twice because of the terrible footage. Every time I've tried to watch a particular game, it's been either "technical difficulties", or a fogged up lens, or no one manning the camera. Twice I've seen games from 40 to 40. And a lot of times, they don't have the actual score on screen. I'm not a fan.

In all seriousness I’ve uncommonly found myself rooting for the Cougars this year. I hope y’all pull the win out on Friday.
That happens as we age. I only pull against Tarboro twice a year now. Y'all might as well come on out to the Junction and watch our game this week. It should be a good one, the Vikings game will be over after Tarboro scores the first touchdown.

Don’t know much about SWE but upon examining their schedule and with their playing at home, i’d predict them the winner in a nailbitter
It could go either way like the HC/Nnash Central, One of these 2A/3A Big East Conference members is going to win

Reactions: CrazyHeel
Sounds like Pack is playing their best football right now. Is it enough,I don't know much about SWE but we will see. I saw them play Clinton and WC. Didn't move the ball like I thought they would.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT