ADVERTISEMENT

Whiteville (6) and SW Edgecombe (3) updates/predictions

I didn't have problems checking scores on this site and max preps last Friday. But when I pick my daughter up from school apps like Facebook and tik tok don't work. But snap chat does.

That happens as we age. I only pull against Tarboro twice a year now. Y'all might as well come on out to the Junction and watch our game this week. It should be a good one, the Vikings game will be over after Tarboro scores the first touchdown.
It would be cool if y'all made it to the championship game. I feel like a lot of Tarboro people would show up. Depending on the day the game takes place. it'd be awesome if both schools won titles in the same year in football.

Last edited:
In Elizabeth City we do if both our teams advance. We also have a phenomenal sound system that rocks the entire stadium. I hope this game happens because I want to see two high powered offenses go head to head.
daagum we gotta win at Pine tops first one game at a time…..daagummit.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Do you accept cash at the gate?
Yeah. Just make sure you're in the right line. The line to get in gets backed up with people going through the metal detectors and looks like the ticket line. I got in the wrong line last game, but realized what I had done pretty quick.

In Elizabeth City we do if both our teams advance. We also have a phenomenal sound system that rocks the entire stadium. I hope this game happens because I want to see two high powered offenses go head to head.
The last couple years we one of those sound systems too like a college sound system , it can make your bones rattle but we’ve got.a tremendous high school. Marching band too!
Heck game entrance and post game they shoot more bigtime fireworks than som small communities do on July 4th

Reactions: Maiden Creek
According to their stats on Max Preps they are primarily a running team. But we had two game changing interceptions against ED. Would like to see more pressure on obvious passing downs, though.

According to the Cal Preps matchup site, Whiteville will be playing Clinton for the 2A east championship, all are considered played on a neutral field, but Clinton v Monroe for the 2a state championship, says Monroe will win and that WILL be on neutral field. I assume it could change based on this Fridays results......

According to the Cal Preps matchup site, Whiteville will be playing Clinton for the 2A east championship, all are considered played on a neutral field, but Clinton v Monroe for the 2a state championship, says Monroe will win and that WILL be on neutral field. I assume it could change based on this Fridays results......
Hope everyone both players and coaches are focused

Yeah. Just make sure you're in the right line. The line to get in gets backed up with people going through the metal detectors and looks like the ticket line. I got in the wrong line last game, but realized what I had done pretty quick.
You got to get there earlier. I got there at 5 pm when we played you and walked right in. I went back to the gate at 6pm and paid. I can get in free being on the support staff but I always pay. Schools need that gate money.

Reactions: SWE'98
According to their stats on Max Preps they are primarily a running team. But we had two game changing interceptions against ED. Would like to see more pressure on obvious passing downs, though.
We only pass out of the play action. We seldom, if ever, line up in a passing formation. An obvious passing situation for us would be 3rd and 20. Anything under that, we believe we can get running.

Last edited:
We only pass out of the play action. We seldom, if ever, line up in a passing formation. SN obvious praying situation for us would be 3rd and 20. Anything under that, we believe we can get running.
Varnell definitely goes against the grain with his play calling at time. Example: Last week it was 3rd and goal from the 4. He throws a fade, incomplete. Then goes for it on 4th with a run and we score. My football brain tells me, if I know I'm gonna run for it on 4th down. Run it on 3rd as well to try and get it closer. I honestly thought he was gonna kick a field goal after the incomplete pass on 3rd because 4th and 4 ain't a gimme. I would like to see us pass more on first down, but I ve been saying that for 35 years..

Reactions: Strick68
Would love a rematch at our stadium

Varnell definitely goes against the grain with his play calling at time. Example: Last week it was 3rd and goal from the 4. He throws a fade, incomplete. Then goes for it on 4th with a run and we score. My football brain tells me, if I know I'm gonna run for it on 4th down. Run it on 3rd as well to try and get it closer. I honestly thought he was gonna kick a field goal after the incomplete pass on 3rd because 4th and 4 ain't a gimme. I would like to see us pass more on first down, but I ve been saying that for 35 years..
That 3rd down pass made me want to slap him. We ran it over and over and over again to get there with no problems, then he tried to get cute. I didn't understand. But I knew we could make it on 4th. Farmville offered no resistance.

That 3rd down pass made me want to slap him. We ran it over and over and over again to get there with no problems, then he tried to get cute. I didn't understand. But I knew we could make it on 4th. Farmville offered no resistance.
Didn't I see where SWE played Farmville earlier in the year and it was much more competitive, any idea what the difference was? Playoffs with more at stake, maybe?

Didn't I see where SWE played Farmville earlier in the year and it was much more competitive, any idea what the difference was? Playoffs with more at stake, maybe?
We got better on defense. Defense has been the weakest part of the team, but has gotten better as the year progressed. That was the first conference game of the year, when we were still getting everything together. Went in at 2-2.

We got better on defense. Defense has been the weakest part of the team, but has gotten better as the year progressed. That was the first conference game of the year, when we were still getting everything together. Went in at 2-2.
And we played them at home the second game.

Just just talked to big #44's Dad. He said he hasn't heard anything about the game being rescheduled, but would let me know if he hears anything. The forecast shows a 40% chance of rain starting about 1pm all the way through the game. Whiteville fans, I would urge you to bring a change of clothes, including socks and shoes. If it goes to raining hard you won't have any choice but to walk through puddles.

Reactions: daagoob
With that philosophy do you go for it a lot on 4th down?

We'll punt when it's smart.
We know how to wear boots in Whiteville we get a lot of practice, unfortunately.
Make sure you stop somewhere to eat well before you get here. Our town is several miles away from the school. Even so, there's really not many places to eat in town. No fast food restaurants. There's a mom and pop spot called Bone's Grill that serves goooooood down home cooking. They have a hot bar if you're in a hurry, or they can can cook you up something from their menu if you have time. Abram's restaurant is a local favorite mostly known for its bbq sandwiches and fried chicken. They also have many other choices and sides to choose. Then there's Duck Thru gas station. It too has a hot bar, along with a made to order computerized menu. It's not bad. I love to get their fried gizzards. But that's pretty much it. And keep in mind that if you follow google maps, you'll see none of those, because you'll be directed to pass outside of town. And don't think about going to town after the game. The whole damn place seems to shut down at 9pm. If grabbing a bite before the game is a priority, take the route that takes you through Wilson. Wilson is an easy 15-20 minute drive from SWE, and has all of your fast food options.

Just just talked to big #44's Dad. He said he hasn't heard anything about the game being rescheduled, but would let me know if he hears anything. The forecast shows a 40% chance of rain starting about 1pm all the way through the game. Whiteville fans, I would urge you to bring a change of clothes, including socks and shoes. If it goes to raining hard you won't have any choice but to walk through puddles.

No concessions at the game?
Yeah. I was talking about if you didn't want to miss any action by trying to go to the concession stand.

Any radio broadcast of your games? We had a very good crew until this year, now we don't have anybody broadcasting.

Any radio broadcast of your games? We had a very good crew until this year, now we don't have anybody broadcasting.
No. Hell, we barely get good sunlight. Cell phone and radio waves don't stand a chance.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT