ADVERTISEMENT

Whiteville (6) and SW Edgecombe (3) updates/predictions

Ok #6 for Whiteville is a Sr Luke Oldham was offensive player of the year in our conference last year. He’s a gamer runs very well and throws though not much but is very accurate. Ferocious hitter on defense when he plays there. Fun player to watch.

Ok #6 for Whiteville is a Sr Luke Oldham was offensive player of the year in our conference last year. He’s a gamer runs very well and throws though not much but is very accurate. Ferocious hitter on defense when he plays there. Fun player to watch.
I misunderstood the question. I thought you were asking for vital information lol. We have had a couple of different QBs this season. Right now, we've settled with a freshman. He's a manager. We don't have many passing plays, but there is one play that works 100% of the time, it seems. You'll know it when you see it. And you WILL see it.

I believe their QB is #1 Tashan Ayers. He is quick and throws good when needed. Sounds a lot like ours. He is not bad at all. He is a junior. I forgot about the freshman. He is also pretty good just to be a freshman.

Love boat does a good job of that.
I can't make the trip, hope someone else can keep us informed.
306794339_557722376151020_2866144938443805991_n.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Maiden Creek
I update all of our games here. Seems like there will be two people posting. You won't be left in the dark.
Simmons has us as 2pt losers.
Massey has us getting blown out 21-42.

Reactions: oldway55
Cal preps gives Whiteville a slight edge on a NEUTRAL field but this is home game for SWE so I say its close to a pick'em.
PROJECT A MATCHUP

neutral field
[2023] Whiteville (NC) 34 (62%), [2023] Southwest Edgecombe (Pinetops, NC) 28 (38%)

I can't make the trip, hope someone else can keep us informed.
306794339_557722376151020_2866144938443805991_n.jpg
I don’t know what game that picture was taken, but back in the day(80's) you couldn't see bleachers, meaning it would sell out. Also, the roar was intimidating and deafening

Oddly enough, we are worse at home than on the road. Less average points scored and more points allowed home vs on the road. Plus, our 2 losses came at home. Granted, those two teams are currently in the 3rd round of the playoffs, but still.

We generally travel very well, pretty sure at least one bus is chartered to go to the game for fans, expect a nice crowd to come from Whiteville.

Reactions: curtiscummings1
We generally travel very well, pretty sure at least one bus is chartered to go to the game for fans, expect a nice crowd to come from Whiteville.
I saw that on y'all's football Facebook pages. If y'all bring a bus, along with those that drive themselves, somebody should be prepared to stand. Our visitor stand isn't THAT big lol. Sometimes, we bring in extra stands, but that's usually for our rivalry games.

Would be nice for the admin/AD at the school to be prepared for a bigger crowd at a 3rd round playoff game. Sounds like the tractor might get stuck trying to move the stands around:)
Hey man, we're broke in Edgecombe County. We can't all afford million dollar scoreboards lol.
For reference, our visitor stand seems to be the same size as yours, according to pics on Stadium Project. Ours is just elevated. Helps you see the snakes, possums, coyotes, bears, and alligators before they see you. Puts you face to face with the bats, though. 😂

Don't forget
The play clocks aren't working and the sound system is shorted out, but not to worry, we have a jbl boom box for the game announcer.
Don't forget, the scoreboard operator doesn't input the down and distance either. It's lit up for no reason. But in our defense, I can't remember the last time I've seen a working play clock anywhere. Always see them. Never on.

I don’t know what game that picture was taken, but back in the day(80's) you couldn't see bleachers, meaning it would sell out. Also, the roar was intimidating and deafening
Still have big crowds. With these early kickoff times, usually well into the first half before they get settled in. Used to have a 200 plus marching band . Now well below 100, including parents pretty big loss in weekly attendance. Crowds have been consistent even in the lean 1995-2001 years. Hard to beat that 1980’s atmosphere though.

buck71 is right other areas we have lost are no radio, less newspaper coverage, no stats kept(at least that I can find). JP and company have a good product to market seems like the right people could promote it and make $$ from advertising on the radio(but that's not what the prior group is saying). We had it very good for a lot of years but the exposure we enjoyed has trickled away, and I can't figure out why. I give when asked and what I can, and will continue to. But this lack of interest by the community is somewhat baffling.

buck71 is right other areas we have lost are no radio, less newspaper coverage, no stats kept(at least that I can find). JP and company have a good product to market seems like the right people could promote it and make $$ from advertising on the radio(but that's not what the prior group is saying). We had it very good for a lot of years but the exposure we enjoyed has trickled away, and I can't figure out why. I give when asked and what I can, and will continue to. But this lack of interest by the community is somewhat baffling.
Newspaper coverage, stats, etc has fell off the face of the earth. I understand everything is digital now, but whether it's a hard copy or online copy, you'll be hard pressed to find actual articles on games.

Still have big crowds. With these early kickoff times, usually well into the first half before they get settled in. Used to have a 200 plus marching band . Now well below 100, including parents pretty big loss in weekly attendance. Crowds have been consistent even in the lean 1995-2001 years. Hard to beat that 1980’s atmosphere though.
In the 80's the SWE, Tarboro game would have nearly 3000 people at it. WRAL would cover the game and land their helicopter on the baseball field.

WRAL used to have Mid Atlantic Championship Wrestling on Saturday night from their studio's at 1130, I watched it almost every Saturday night with my grandfather! Baby Wooooooo!!!!

Reactions: oldway55
What ever happens we gotta keep it close. We can't afford to have to make a comeback on this defense.

If you can stop #6, #5 #23 and throws to #3 you will have a good chance to win, if you cannot, well.... it could be a long night. Also if #22 trots out in short yardage situations, good luck:) Our kicker has been very good most of the year also, he's the one that beat Hertford Co last year with a 35? yard FG for the win.

here's the video from that win last year against Hertford Co Pack was down 24-7 in the third quarter and came back to win 25-24, a whale of a game!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT