ADVERTISEMENT

SW Edgecombe 8-2 vs Red Springs 5-5

SWE receives kickoff, flag during the return. Few plays later, 40 yard completion flips the field. Flags negate the good field position, and a fake punt on 4th down is intercepted. Flag during the return moves it to the SWE 48.

Last edited:
RS punts, and for some reason, we touch the ball, which is recovered by RS at the 25.

4th down play, penalty. Declined. Turnover on downs at the 16. First play for SWE 20 yard run, flag. Declined.

3rd quarter ends with SWE ball at the RS 3.
SWE 21
RS 13

SWE interception at 40, returned to RS 10. RS player caught pushing after the play, flag. Ball at 5. First play, fumble, recovered by RS at 15.

Idk who 54 is for RS, but he is out there being mighty dirty. He's the one that was shoving earlier.

RS 4th and 9 from own 16. Punt blocked, recovered at 5 yard line. Unsportsmanlike on SWE. 54 pushed after the play, but we got caught talking smack to him.

14 yard play action pass for the TD. On the kick, 54 was on his mess again. Finally ejected.
SWE 36
RS 13

Fumble at the snap, recovered by the offense. That's #5.

Wasn't a good look, man. Our O line got manhandled for the majority of the game. We won't go far vs any other team with how we looked, plus all the fumbles. 5 fumbles, with only one actually being caused by the defense. Gotta do better. I just hope to God that there aren't 100 penalties called next week. Neither team could get going.

Wasn't a good look, man. Our O line got manhandled for the majority of the game. We won't go far vs any other team with how we looked, plus all the fumbles. 5 fumbles, with only one actually being caused by the defense. Gotta do better. I just hope to God that there aren't 100 penalties called next week. Neither team could get going.
They had a stout d front..But other than that they were slow.. And less organized than we were vs Tarboro

That’s just sad
It was a heck of a long trip for them, with a team that barely made it to .500. Hard to blame regular fans for not being convinced that it was worth the trip. But if all the parents at least showed up, it still would have been more than what was there.

It was a heck of a long trip for them, with a team that barely made it to .500. Hard to blame regular fans for not being convinced that it was worth the trip. But if all the parents at least showed up, it still would have been more than what was there.
Same thing I was thinking, where were the parents? I sent a video to a fellow poster up here of the visitors side bleachers tonight. There were literally less than ten people at that point and maybe a total of 20 showed up for North Johnston.

Sure is. And Red Springs has some talent..Their line is big enough to play power ball. Instead they run the spread with slow receivers and a QB with less than average arm, at best.
Yeah that’s what I read up here. You’d think all the parents would show up to support their kids. I can tell you that Edenton Holmes and Currituck County fans roll deep regardless of how their season is going. The same can’t be said for our fans unfortunately. I rarely miss a road game and I don’t even have a child on Northeastern’s team.

Yeah that’s what I read up here. You’d think all the parents would show up to support their kids. I can tell you that Edenton Holmes and Currituck County fans roll deep regardless of how their season is going. The same can’t be said for our fans unfortunately. I rarely miss a road game and I don’t even have a child on Northeastern’s team.
I can't make a road game unless it's Tarboro or North Edgecombe. I'm always on call and rarely off on the week ends. And I only have 2 hours to report for duty after I'm called. But when the day comes that we play for the state championship, I will be there.

Ugh. Someone from Red Springs was the max preps reporter, and I guess they finalized the score before we scored that touchdowns with seconds left on the clock. They have the final score as 36-13. I hate that. I'm trying my best to get it corrected.

Last edited:
Ugh. Someone from Red Springs was the max peeps reporter, and I guess they finalized the score before we scored that touchdowns with seconds left on the clock. They have the final score as 36-13. I hate that. I'm trying my best to get it corrected.
I've been trying to find out the number of penalties in the game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT