ADVERTISEMENT

EPC Championship West Craven 7-2 @ SW Edecombe 7-2

SWE'98

Aug 17, 2010
I can't think of a better scenario to decide a conference championship. Identical records. Both on 5 game winning streaks. RPI # 5 vs #6. SWE with the second most points scored of all conference teams. WC with the third most. In the exact reverse order, WC has allowed the second fewest, while SWE has allowed the third fewest. Farmville Central holds the number 1 spot in both categories. By the way, both SWE and WC has whooped Farmville. WC is even perfect at home and 2-2 on the road, while SWE is perfect in the road and 2-2 at home. These teams are so even, I'd be surprised if the game didn't go into OT. It's true that WC is technically 6-3 on the field, but of those 3 field losses, we would have lost them too. East Duplin, New Bern, Havelock....come on, now. I think the only true difference between the two teams is how we gather our victories. We average 311ypg on the ground to their 175. However, they average over 130 in the air to our 66. A SWE team even averaging that much through the air is remarkable. I have noticed that the WC defense is the real deal. Conversely, that is our weak point. Despite their fantastic defense, I think we should be able to put up the low 30s. But can we keep them from scoring in the high 30s? Lol. It's going to be an excellent game, with huge playoff implications.

I can't think of a better scenario to decide a conference championship. Identical records. Both on 5 game winning streaks. RPI # 5 vs #6. SWE with the second most points scored of all conference teams. WC with the third most. In the exact reverse order, WC has allowed the second fewest, while SWE has allowed the third fewest. Farmville Central holds the number 1 spot in both categories. By the way, both SWE and WC has whooped Farmville. WC is even perfect at home and 2-2 on the road, while SWE is perfect in the road and 2-2 at home. These teams are so even, I'd be surprised if the game didn't go into OT. It's true that WC is technically 6-3 on the field, but of those 3 field losses, we would have lost them too. East Duplin, New Bern, Havelock....come on, now. I think the only true difference between the two teams is how we gather our victories. We average 311ypg on the ground to their 175. However, they average over 130 in the air to our 66. A SWE team even averaging that much through the air is remarkable. I have noticed that the WC defense is the real deal. Conversely, that is our weak point. Despite their fantastic defense, I think we should be able to put up the low 30s. But can we keep them from scoring in the high 30s? Lol. It's going to be an excellent game, with huge playoff implications.
Sounds like it's going to be a fun game to watch. Good luck to both teams.

SWE ball at own 35. Run for no gain. Second play, fumble, recovered by WC at 30. The Eagles take advantage of the short field, scoring from 8 yards out.
SWE 0 WC 7

Reactions: Maiden Creek
SWE ball at own 30. 25 yard run, is followed by a huge sack for a massive loss of yards. Cougars still convert the first and march to the 10. Back to back false start and delay of game makes it 3rd and goal from the 19. SWE strikes with a 19 yard TD scamper.
SWE 7 WC 7

Met @Otiss4411 before the game. Nice guy, but I hope we piss him off before the end of the night.

• Haha
Reactions: daagoob
On 4th down, SWE hits a 30 something yard play action pass that takes it to the 10. Two plays later, TD.
SWE 14 WC 7

That play works 100% of the time lol. And we're gonna run it again later.

WC ball at 35. 2 plays for no gain. 3rd down pass nets 30. Got away with a hold on the line, but there's holding on every play🤷🏾‍♂️. I see a lot of high snaps that the QB has to jump to get, something that Otis4411 told me bit them in the butt earlier year. I see it happening again tonight.

SWE ball at own 45. Methodical drive sees the Cougars take it in from 2 yards out. 1:31 left in the half.
SWE 21 WC 14

Pooch kick returned to 50. Unsportsmanlike takes it to the SWE 35.

Halftime SWE 21 WC 14.
WC gets the ball to start the second half. They essentially got it to start the first. To score and then hold them was HUGE. They are moving the ball well and I expect them to tie things up. But fortunately, I haven't seen evidence of them being able to stop our rushing attack. Had we not fumbled away the opening possession, I believe we would be up two scores. Anyway, great game so far!

WC ball at own 20. 35 yard up the middle takes it into our territory. 15 yard run for the TD. SWE encroaches on the try, so WC goes for 2. WC gets called for an illegal procedure, so the try the kick once again. The kick is blocked.
SWE 21 WC 20.

WC returns ball to 20. Pushing and shoving after the play. Eagles look frustrated. Flag moves back to the 10.

3rd play, WC pass intercepted at SWE 39. Momentum is all SWE's.

Our turn to look gassed, as the first play is a nice 30 something yard run up the middle. The inside of our line is getting worked on.

WC had about 7 plays inside the 10, and on 4th and goal from inside the 5, SWE turns them away! SWE ball on own 3.

3 straight runs only gets us 6 yards. Punt to 40 something, but penalty against SWE moves it to the SWE 25.

4th down touchdown run by the qb. Clear holding, but oh well. 2 pt conversation successful. 28-28. 3:48 left.

3 stops by WC. SWE converts on 4th. Ball on 17. 30 seconds left.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT