ADVERTISEMENT

SW Edgecombe 55 Farmville Central 12

FC ball. 4th and 15 from own 43. Pass is intercepted, but roughing the passer saves FC. I hate intercepting the ball on 4th down anyway. Knock it down!

Desperation rth down pass into the end zone is caught for the TD, because once again, we went for the int instead of knocking it down and getting the ball at the LOS. Gotta do a little better on the football IQ there.

Onside kick returned 50 yards for the score.
PAT is low, hits lineman in the back, and pops high into the air and over the goalpost lol. When it's your night, it's your night.
SWE 48
FC 12

Last edited:
Reactions: CrazyHeel
FC ball at own 20. Moves it to SW 10 before stalling on downs.

60yd run takes it to the FC 22, followed shortly by a 4 yard TD run.
SWE 55
FC 12
Running clock.

SWE 13 14 14 14= 55
FC 0 0 6 6 = 12
I have no idea what I was worried about. Nothing at all worked for FC. That was the best defense we have played since this staff took over 4 years ago. The 12 that FC scored was against reserves. Tonight was a masterpiece. But like I e been saying, FC feasted on poor teams all year and lost when they faces a team over .500. They even barely got past 5-5 SWO last week. I believe their record was deceptive. But now we face a Whiteville team that dispatched the defending state champions of East Duplin. I was more afraid to face ED than Whiteville . Maybe I have to look at Whiteville more thoroughly.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
SWE 13 14 14 14= 55
FC 0 0 6 6 = 12
I have no idea what I was worried about. Nothing at all worked for FC. That was the best defense we have played since this staff took over 4 years ago. The 12 that FC scored was against reserves. Tonight was a masterpiece. But like I e been saying, FC feasted on poor teams all year and lost when they faces a team over .500. They even barely got past 5-5 SWO last week. I believe their record was deceptive. But now we face a Whiteville team that dispatched the defending state champions of East Duplin. I was more afraid to face ED than Whiteville . Maybe I have to look at Whiteville more thoroughly.
Our secondary will have to step up again. And we will need to get constant pressure on their QB with our front 4, like we did tonight

The biggest improvement is actually our defense. FC got very few yacs. Nice hard hits from a form tackle position. And we cleaned up the stupid penalties tonight. If we can win next week, I think we can hang with NE, based on what I saw from them last night. Holme's was opening up some big holes on their defense with an O-line not as big or good as ours. And they absolutely couldn't tackle NE's wide receivers. But, it's the third round next week, so, history says it's our curtain call time.

The biggest improvement is actually our defense. FC got very few yacs. Nice hard hits from a form tackle position. And we cleaned up the stupid penalties tonight. If we can win next week, I think we can hang with NE, based on what I saw from them last night. Holme's was opening up some big holes on their defense with an O-line not as big or good as ours. And they absolutely couldn't tackle NE's wide receivers. But, it's the third round next week, so, history says it's our curtain call time.
FC got very few yards period until after it was 41-0. And hey, don't forget 2015. We made it to the 4th lol. But you're right, the 3rd round is our kryptonite. Or could it just be the thanksgiving
meal that hurts us. The 3rd round is before Thanksgiving this year, so maybe there's hope lol.

Last edited:
That freshman quarter back needs to grow up in a hurry. He dropped some snaps vs Red Springs and at least one tonight. And get rid of the ball and not try to do too much and get sacked for a loss of 15. On one play we had two guys absolutely wide open. He stepped up in the pocket and dodged their end, set his feet and didn't throw the ball. But I definitely see loads of talent in him, but we're gonna need better QB play to keep advancing.

That freshman quarter back needs to grow up in a hurry. He dropped some snaps vs Red Springs and at least one tonight. And get rid of the ball and not try to do too much and get sacked for a loss of 15. On one play we had two guys absolutely wide open. He stepped up in the pocket and dodged their end, set his feet and didn't throw the ball. But I definitely see loads of talent in him, but we're gonna need better QB play to keep advancing.
Yeah, losing the snap is annoying. And I know exactly what play you're referring to. WIDE open. Either one of them could have walked into the endzone. I was yelling "You have to let it go in order to throw it!" As a freshman, I don't think he knows to get outside of the pocket and throw it away. Players these days want highlights and stats. That's why they try to intercept the ball deep downfield on 4th down. That annoys me so much.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT