ADVERTISEMENT

SW Edgecombe 55 Farmville Central 12

SWE'98

Aug 17, 2010
The 3rd seeded Cougars will be hosting a rematch with the 14th seeded Jaguars of Farmville Central. These conference rivals separated by 20 miles had a barn burner earlier this year, with SWE handing the 5-0 Jags their first loss, 54-48. Farmville has an outstanding offense that leads the state in points scored, however, they have played such a terrible schedule, I believe that Farmville could be replaced by any team and lead the state in scoring. The two teams with winning records that they did face, (SWE, West Craven) handed them defeats. They couldn't stop SWE, and WC stopped them completely, 20-7. With that being said, I still didn't want to see this matchup because their QB scares me. He is electric and is hard to contain. Not only is he accurate throwing the ball, he also has no problem at all with tucking and running, and boy, does he runs well. Making sure there's a man on the receivers tends to leave the middle of the field wide open, and he knows what to do with it. Although the SWE defense has improved late in the season, I still wouldn't depend on it to win a game. I know the revenge factor is gonna give FC extra motivation. I don't doubt we'll be able to score on them again. I'm just hoping we'll be able to keep them from scoring more. Grab your popcorn. This one should be a good one!

Last edited:
Reactions: curtiscummings1
I'm hoping to get there. I'm hoping to work tonight or get called in the morning. As long as I don't have to hit the hotel I should make it. If we win I'll be off next Friday for sure.

FC's head coach said SWE is overconfident. I hope he's wrong. I'll admit that we have shown unsettled nerves to open the last two games. I can somewhat understand. Those games were for the conference championship, and then the 1st round of the playoffs. Hopefully, we've gotten that nervous bug out of our system. I know FC is gonna have all sorts of adrenaline to start the game and plan on busting us in the mouth. We're gonna have to withstand the first quarter. Can't wait for game time. Updates here.

Last edited:
First play, 10 yard run. 5 plays later, 21 yd TD run. 2 minutes, 24 seconds. XP blocked.
SWE 6
FC 0

Dropped slant that would have netted at least 10. Tackle for loss. Gain of 5. Nice 3 and out to set the tone. I screamed "I dare you to fake the punt!" They did. Didn't get it. Southwest ball at FC 20.

1 play, 20 yard pass for the TD.
SWE 13
FC 0
Less than 4 minutes in.

Can't believe they went for a fake punt inside their own 20.

First play, 10 yard gain. Then sack and tfl, makes it 3rd and 20. Fumbled the snap on 3rd down. Punt to FC 20. The punter kicked it while someone was on his back lol.

3 and out. I see defense lol. Punt takes a Cougar bounce. SWE ball at FC 47.

FC defense shines for the 3 and out. Punt. The returner calls for a fair catch, then runs lol. Ball marked at own 10.

Inside the 30, 15 yard run plus facemask puts the ball at the 9. 4th and 3, TD run. XP blocked.
SWE 19
FC 0

4th and 14. Yet another 3 and out. Punt returner bobbles the catch, then returns it to the FC 17.

4 minutes until halftime, and FC gets their first first down by drawing us offsides.

4th and 20 from SW 32. Laid a lick on the QB. He's trying to walk it off, but he felt that. Turnover. SW ball at 35.

Where's this defense been all year. Open field solo tackles and popping pads...

Halftime
SWE 13 14 = 27
FC 0 0 = 0
SWE is dominating in both sides of the ball. Nothing has been successful for FC on offense. I would be surprised if they have 30 yards rushing. No luck passing either. 1 total completion. 2 total first downs, and one was via penalty. Their defense has won the battle a few times, but they have lost way more. This has been complete domination by SWE.

33 yard run to the FC 35. 15 yard sack. Our freshman QB scrambled and turn right into the defense that was chasing him down.

Strip sack at the 40, returned by lineman to the FC 10. Just took it out of the QBs hand.

1 play TD. Bad snap, try no good.
SWE 41
FC 0
For the 3rd or 4th time, a Farmville player is hurt and lying on the field for an extended time. We're hurting them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT