ADVERTISEMENT

EPC Championship West Craven 7-2 @ SW Edecombe 7-2

SWE 7 14 7 3 = 31
WC 7 7 6 8 = 28
Just as I suspected, this was nearly an overtime matchup, in which I knew we'd score in the low 30s. The teams were very even. We had 2 red zone stops (inside the 10) and two interceptions that proved to be the difference. Yes, DEFENSE was what won it for us! We have been so horrible on defense all year. Still gave up 28, and it could have been 42. But I think our ground game was a little too much for the Eagles tonight. I do expect to see them send people home in the next few weeks.

Last edited:
Never in all my years coming to games have I seen SWE make a FG. Until tonight.
31-28.
I've seen us make a few in 91-92, when Brian Thompson was kicking. He was money from 45 but we were always behind and didn't kick. BUT I do believe we just saw the first game winning field goal in school history.

Reactions: Otis4411
SWE 7 14 7 3 = 31
WC 7 7 6 8 = 28
Just as I suspected, this was nearly an overtime matchup. The teams were very even. We had 2 red zone stops (inside the 10) and two interceptions that proved to be the difference. Yes, DEFENSE was what won it for us! We have been so horrible on defense all year. Still gave up 28, and it could have been 42. But I think our ground game was a little too much for the Eagles tonight. I do expect to see them send people home in the next few weeks.
Their defense played lights out the second half. I guess our scheme is bend but don't break because the last 2 home games they tighten up in the red zone.

Reactions: SWE'98
Game lived up to the hype
It certainly did. Even the crowds started going back and forth. They started chanting when the Eagles tied the game, but the awesome kick return to their 30 made it our turn lol. It was a good high school football game. I wonder what could have been though. We gave them their first touchdown to open the game with a very short field, then outscored them 31-21 the rest of the way. I simply cannot see how they held Farmville to 7 points though. But they aren't bad at all.

Reactions: daagoob
It certainly did. Even the crowds started going back and forth. They started chanting when the Eagles tied the game, but the awesome kick return to their 30 made it our turn lol. It was a good high school football game. I wonder what could have been though. We gave them their first touchdown to open the game with a very short field, then outscored them 31-21 the rest of the way. I simply cannot see how they held Farmville to 7 points though. But they aren't bad at all.
I was at the gate when WC scored first because they ran out of one's and we're waiting for some to brought to the booth. I figured they received the opening kickoff and when we were up 7 at halftime I thought we would be able to put some game pressure on them by getting the ball and punching one in. I was shocked when we kicked off to open the second half.

I was drunk and getting everybody riled up

Met @Otiss4411 before the game. Nice guy, but I hope we piss him off before the end of the night.
I was disappointed you and Crazyheel didn’t try me!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣 I really enjoyed getting to meet you. Hopefully our rivalry will continue for years to come.

Reactions: dogs79
I was at the gate when WC scored first because they ran out of one's and we're waiting for some to brought to the booth. I figured they received the opening kickoff and when we were up 7 at halftime I thought we would be able to put some game pressure on them by getting the ball and punching one in. I was shocked when we kicked off to open the second half.
We kicked off to start the game and SWE fumbled early in their first possession of the game.

We kicked off to start the game and SWE fumbled early in their first possession of the game.
We never make it easy on ourselves. I could see the score board and y'all had scored with less than two mins off the clock and just figured we had kicked.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT