ADVERTISEMENT

West Craven @ SWE

Otis4411

Jan 30, 2003
This is for the 2A Eastern Plains Conference Championship. Should be one of the better games this week. I haven’t had a chance to sit down and watch a SWE game yet so I can’t really speak on them. We have an athletic Qb that is strong and tough. We’ve been able to run the ball with success all year. We have some really good receivers. I expect our defense to really show out this week like they did against FarmVille. Coach Twichell is 41-4 in his career at West Craven in conferences play. He has won 5 out of 7 conference titles. I like our chances. SWE has been able to benefit from redistricting lines that allow kids to play at SWE instead of going to RM. it’s been good for the conference. You need competition to be good. Our RPI has suffered from playing 1A Pamlico. They have won some games and could win their conference tomorrow night with a win but their oowp has been bad. I really believe when we schedule games now we need to be looking at those factors. But a win tomorrow night will certainly have us in a good spot. I’m not discussing the what ifs of losing. It’s not an option!! @SWE'98 i should be there around 5:30. I’ll be setting up end zone camera and sideline equipment if you want to come over and meet up. Though we are on opposite sides of the fence tomorrow good luck to you and SWE. Hopefully we have a good game with no injuries.

There haven't been any changes in the lines yet. It's actually a demerger. When Rocky Mount city schools went to Nash County School systems the schools that where in the city, in Edgecombe county, went to the Nash County system, with Edgecombe county paying Nash county millions of dollars over the years. Nash county hasn't been upgrading or taking care of the maintenance issues, of these schools, while building new schools out of the area, such as Red Oak. The race issue was brought into the discussion, and I can't argue that point, because that's exactly what it looks like, whether true or not. Last I heard the demerger was to take place in 25.

There haven't been any changes in the lines yet. It's actually a demerger. When Rocky Mount city schools went to Nash County School systems the schools that where in the city, in Edgecombe county, went to the Nash County system, with Edgecombe county paying Nash county millions of dollars over the years. Nash county hasn't been upgrading or taking care of the maintenance issues, of these schools, while building new schools out of the area, such as Red Oak. The race issue was brought into the discussion, and I can't argue that point, because that's exactly what it looks like, whether true or not. Last I heard the demerger was to take place in 25.
Ok. I was going off what someone had told me. They really have made some good improvements then. I just saw Simmons picked them as a 2 point favorite. If we come out and have the intensity on defense we had against Farmville I feel we can win by multiple td’s.

Must of had a bad signal when I tried to post this. Just realized it never sent.

If WC plays up to their ability I think they'll take the win.
I went back and looked at Farmville’s results this year. We held them to 7 points . The closet anyone else has come was Washington in a losing effort. Farmville scored 38 on them. Farmville scored 48 on SWE.

We haven't gotten those kids that are rightfully ours just yet. So I guess the team is actually just finally getting what he's been trying to install. I'm still not 100% sold just yet. Give me another solid year of actually looking like a varsity team. The thing is, I wouldn't be surprised to see him back at Rocky Mount next year. That's his alma mater. That's where he began his coaching career as a coordinator, winning a championship and losing in a championship game. And they aren't looking too good right now, or lately. I'd bet the house on that.

I went back and looked at Farmville’s results this year. We held them to 7 points . The closet anyone else has come was Washington in a losing effort. Farmville scored 38 on them. Farmville scored 48 on SWE.
Defense isn't our thing lol.

Doesn’t mean you can’t be successful, just look at us over here and I’d be willing to bet our defense could be just as bad as yours. You just have to out score them, that’s our philosophy anyhow 😂
Defense wins championships goob!

Reactions: daagoob
Yeah, but we put 54 on them. WC only scored 20 vs FC. We scored 20 on Tarboro's defense, and had a kick return for a td called back on some fantom call from the opposite side of the field when we didn't have a player no where near the supposed infraction. Anyway, it will all be settled in a few hours. This game may come down to who has the ball last. I predict.....41-38..SWE!!!!! GO COUGARS!!!
MoDean is Alive....

Last edited:
Reactions: Otis4411
Yeah, but we put 54 on them. WC only scored 20 vs FC. We scored 20 on Tarboro's defense, and had a kick return for a td called back on some fantom call from the opposite side of the field when we didn't have a player no where near the supposed infraction. Anyway, it will all be settled in a few hours. This game may come down to who has the ball last. I predict.....41-38..SWE!!!!! GO COUGARS!!!
MoDean is Alive....

E-mail sent. If you know @CrazyHeel you can also give him my number. I’ll be driving for the next hour.
We've never met lol.

We've never met lol.
I'll be there tonight. I sit on the top bleacher on the right side of the press box if it's open when I get there. Scruffy looking white dude with a Columbia shirt on wearing jeans. Well, I'll be there if I don't drink anymore Crown.

• Haha
I'll be there tonight. I sit on the top bleacher on the right side of the press box if it's open when I get there. Scruffy looking white dude with a Columbia shirt on wearing jeans. Well, I'll be there if I don't drink anymore Crown.
I sit in that area too. Pretty sure I'll have on a white hoodie and a white hat. Gray jogging pants.

I sit in that area too. Pretty sure I'll have on a white hoodie and a white hat. Gray jogging pants.
Let's go kick Ottis's ass. What's one night in jail? If you come pick me up I can keep drinking and we can really turn it out.

• Haha
Reactions: daagoob
Let's go kick Ottis's ass. What's one night in jail? If you come pick me up I can keep drinking and we can really turn it out.
I spent my one night in jail card a long time ago. One week card, too. I think I'm up to a couple of years if I go again.

I spent my one night in jail card a long time ago. One week card, too. I think I'm up to a couple of years if I go again.
Let me know if you ever go back. I'll put some money on your canteen bill. I can at least keep new and clean underwear and socks on ya. Don't ask how I know this.😆

SWE wins 31-28 on a last minute field goal. Actually about 10 seconds left in the game. It was a great game! SWE proved themselves the best team tonight! Congratulations!! I enjoyed meeting you SWE’98. @CrazyHeel you talk about whooping me and you want even here! You missed a great game.

SWE wins 31-28 on a last minute field goal. Actually about 10 seconds left in the game. It was a great game! SWE proved themselves the best team tonight! Congratulations!! I enjoyed meeting you SWE’98. @CrazyHeel you talk about whooping me and you want even here! You missed a great game.
Yes, I was there. Didn't you hear the air horn? As far as I can recall, I believe that's the first game winning field goal in school history. Y'all's defense played outstanding the second half,but, our defense came through with 3 goal line stands and an interception. that big kickoff return set us up nice at the end. Also, there's a big tell on your offense. If the tailback is a yard deep, it's a straight run. If he's lined up beside the QB, or a 1/2 yard deep, it a draw or pass. Good luck the rest of the way

Last edited:
Yes, I was there. Didn't you hear the air horn? As far as I can recall, I believe that's the first game winning field goal in school history. Y'all's defense played outstanding the second half,but, our defense came through with 3 goal line stands and an interception. that big kickoff return set us up nice at the end. Also, there's a big tell on your offense. If the tailback is a yard deep, it's a straight run. If he's lined up beside the QB, or a 1/2 yard deep, it a draw or pass. Good luck the rest of the way
I looked for you but didn’t see you.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT