ADVERTISEMENT

6-1 Farmville @ 3 -3 West Craven

SWE'98

Aug 17, 2010
Since my team has a bye week, I figured I'd take this game in, since it can determine a lot in the Eastern Plains Conference. A WC win could set up a showdown for a winner-takes-all finale with SWE. A FC win could set up a 3 way tie for first place, if WC defeats SWE in the finale.
6-1 Farmville Central has a lights out offense that leads the state (2A) in points by a wide margin. But why aren't they in anyone's top 10? It's because those 6 wins come against teams that are a combined 7-31. And one of those 7 wins was a forfeit. The one time they did play an average team (SWE), they lost. Even then, they still scored 48 points. However, the SWE defense is near the bottom of the state in points allowed. I just don't know how they would fair vs a team that is at the very least decent on both sides of the ball.
The thing about 3-3 West Craven is their 3 wins have come again 3 of the same teams FC faced and beat. However, their 3 losses (defending 2A champion East Duplin, formerly defending 4A champions New Bern, and powerhouse 3A Havelock) would have been 3 losses for anyone. Therefore, I have 0 idea if West Craven is good, bad, or somewhere in the middle.
I think both teams will keep the scorekeeper busy, with Farmville emerging 40 something to 30 something. 41-35 is my guess. Could be a 3 way tie for conference supremacy in the end for the EPC.
Any opinions on this game?

Last edited:
I think West Craven is a good team better they are given credit. It would surprise me if they didn't win tonight. They play ED a tough game. Played Havelock to a one score game. And the score was 15 to 14 in the 3rd quarter with New Bern and with a chance to take the lead. Then it looked like New Bern size and numbers kinda got to them and West started making mistakes. My opinion they are a very solid team

Last edited:
I think West Craven is a good team better they are given credit. It would surprise me if they didn't win tonight. They play ED a tough game. Played Havelock to a one score game. And the score was 15 to 14 in the 3rd quarter with New Bern and with a chance to take the lead. Then it looked like New Bern size and numbers kinda got to them and West started making mistakes. My opinion they are a very solid team
Didn't know they played New Bern that close.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
But I honestly know nothing about Farmville
Their no huddle offense is pretty good. The receivers know how to get open, but the threat comes when the QB tucks it and runs. He's nice with his legs. They like to throw it downfield, but that leads to a lot of int opportunities. I think we had two, but we had the opportunity for 4.

I'm going with West Craven in this one, even though it's good to see Farmville Central alive and kicking again. Good luck to both teams.

Reactions: dogs79
Since my team has a bye week, I figured I'd take this game in, since it can determine a lot in the Eastern Plains Conference. A WC win could set up a showdown for a winner-takes-all finale with SWE. A FC win could set up a 3 way tie for first place, if WC defeats SWE in the finale.
6-1 Farmville Central has a lights out offense that leads the state (2A) in points by a wide margin. But why aren't they in anyone's top 10? It's because those 6 wins come against teams that are a combined 7-31. And one of those 7 wins was a forfeit. The one time they did play an average team (SWE), they lost. Even then, they still scored 48 points. However, the SWE defense is near the bottom of the state in points allowed. I just don't know how they would fair vs a team that is at the very least decent on both sides of the ball.
The thing about 3-3 West Craven is their 3 wins have come again 3 of the same teams FC faced and beat. However, their 3 losses (defending 2A champion East Duplin, formerly defending 4A champions New Bern, and powerhouse 3A Havelock) would have been 3 losses for anyone. Therefore, I have 0 idea if West Craven is good, bad, or somewhere in the middle.
I think both teams will keep the scorekeeper busy, with Farmville emerging 40 something to 30 something. 41-35 is my guess. Could be a 3 way tie for conference supremacy in the end for the EPC.
Any opinions on this game
Didn't know they played New Bern that close.
West Craven is pretty good…..and young.

Reactions: dogs79

You were 100% correct @oldway55 and I was wrong. West Craven is a darn good ball club.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT