ADVERTISEMENT

2AA Western Final: Burns @ Shelby

I feel like Daylin will do a Dre good job. He will take a little time to get up to varsity speed next season but I think he will be excellent.

The Bess kid was definitely one of the best QBs I've seen at the high school level in a really long time.. Great vision and pocket presence.. Knew how to allude pressure and where to check down too if he needed it.. It's been talked about already but I really can't believe big time colleges aren't at least looking at him..

Last edited:
Reactions: Lawn12Dog
My take on game...1st off, hats off off to Burns on fine season.
I thought from start Shelbys offense was 2-3 steps faster then Burns D.. Shelby o-line blocked well.
Bess did great job to avoid sacks by getting rid of ball.Hats off to coaches on great play calling.
Loved the ground and pound and wildcat.plus the short screen passes.
As for our D. Pryor still got 160 but man he's a gamer..
I thought our D line played great M.Hamrick couldnt be stopped, and. #95 Flack was just unreal up front.
SHELBY just really scored at will at times...
No turnover for us was great game for us.
On to state...
Mike I though u were a Crust fan ???? :)

Changing the subject. With Drinkwitz on his way out at Appalachian State, is there a possibility that Ware loses his job? I would really hope not.

Reactions: notanyonesfan
Like I said on the other thread, Shelby was just too good. Our QBs inability to throw any kind of short passes hurt the run game. The defensive line was very tough and only gave up a few big runs for Pryor. Anytime we brought pressure the Shelby QB got the ball out quickly with some zip. The two best players on the field were the former Burns guys and they looked very good. Just out of curiosity, who would be taking the snaps if Bess stayed at Burns or transferred somewhere else like mom implied this summer? Who is the next guy for next season? I dont see Shelby having a close one in the Ship, congrats on another good season.
I am proud of Cam and the progress he has made this year. I'm sure he and Coach D know what he needs to focus on in the off season. He didnt pull it alot but when he did proved to be a capable runner. My guess is with no Pryor he runs it alot more next year.

I thought about that too.. He may go with Drinkwitz

I doubt Drinkwitz was the one that really brought Ware in. He is not even originally from NC. I would bet that Shawn Clark was instrumental in that. Clark is a former APP player, now interim head coach and is rumored to be the one that is going to get the job. If he gets the job and Drinkwitz takes some of the staff that he did bring in with him I could see Ware actually getting an assistant coach position.

In the end this is why Lance took the gamble and took the position to get his foot in the door. You don’t just get in and get an OC job or a high caliber job it takes stepping stones. Heard LOTS of Shelby and Cleveland county people talk so much trash about Lance for doing what he done. I told them all they were crazy and that sometimes you have to do things that you don’t always want to do in order to get where you want. Here is a prime position for Lance to get a chance in being in a coaching roll at App and a chance to start a coaching future at the collegiate level. It could also be a way for him to lose his job. But I agree that I don’t think Drinkwitz is who actually brought lance to App for himself.

Reactions: notanyonesfan
You did? I never heard one bad thing other than just being surprised. Every thing I heard was that everyone was happy for him and completely understood his decision.

Man I ain’t going to say everybody but I heard lots of people really tagging him. Mostly old heads from Shelby. I was happy for him

In the end this is why Lance took the gamble and took the position to get his foot in the door. You don’t just get in and get an OC job or a high caliber job it takes stepping stones. Heard LOTS of Shelby and Cleveland county people talk so much trash about Lance for doing what he done. I told them all they were crazy and that sometimes you have to do things that you don’t always want to do in order to get where you want. Here is a prime position for Lance to get a chance in being in a coaching roll at App and a chance to start a coaching future at the collegiate level. It could also be a way for him to lose his job. But I agree that I don’t think Drinkwitz is who actually brought lance to App for himself.

People have the audacity to think that coaches and players should make decisions based on some random fans personal desire. It's annoying.

Does it really matter who the Coach at Shelby is ? Everyone wins with all that talent.

very true, Id say the coach at Shelby just has to keep them motivated, hungry, outa trouble and eligible to win. same with a lot of programs but as far as talent, just get em lined up right and they can take care of the rest.

Reactions: Lawn12Dog
Crest’s best player, Tim Ruff, would have been Shelby’s quarterback, and he would have been one of the best dual threat quarterbacks in Cleveland County’s history. His primary reason for transferring to Crest was to play quarterback, but ended up playing “athlete” anyway, now he’s a college prospect with Duke among others looking at him.
https://247sports.com/player/tj-ruff-46094610/
I heard he was coming back to Shelby.

Shelby folks be honest would you all have won it without the 2 burns transfers? Im not one of these boo hoo we lost guys type of fans and dont wanna debate the transfer issue but just curious on your take. Both players went off in the playoffs.

Probably still Ruff would have stayed at Shelby and we may been without Mitchell but that team was. still loaded..
But theres no point to your question....cause they were at Shelby...lol....got ya!

But lets be honest..Bess should been at Shelby anyway...they lived behind biglots..
Only reason he was at Burns is cause momma worked there...
When she got let go..she took him out and took to Shelby.
Mitchell is best friend and wanted to play beside him...

Probably still Ruff would have stayed at Shelby and we may been without Mitchell but that team was. still loaded..
But theres no point to your question....cause they were at Shelby...lol....got ya!
True on Ruff shelbyfan. I say you still would have won it all.

So if my kids best friend goes to KM it's more than ok for him to pack up and go too?? I thought there was rules for things like this? Please answer that question!

So if my kids best friend goes to KM it's more than ok for him to pack up and go too?? I thought there was rules for things like this? Please answer that question!
Cleveland county is an open enrollment school system. You can go to any school in the county you want to go to. Several years back, I knew of some Lawndale kids that went to KM. If you provide your own transportation, you can send your kid to what ever school his best friend transfer to in the county.

Cleveland county is an open enrollment school system. You can go to any school in the county you want to go to. Several years back, I knew of some Lawndale kids that went to KM. If you provide your own transportation, you can send your kid to what ever school his best friend transfer to in the county.

???

You are years behind.lol.. seriously. A lot of people don't know that though, but that's how it has been. The kids from Lawndale was coming to KM for academics at the time. The elementary schools in KM have parents bringing kids from neighboring cities also. If a student causes any trouble,a school can send them out of their school and back to their home district or another in county school that will take them. I know this happened to several elementary students last year.

Last edited:
But lets be honest..Bess should been at Shelby anyway...they lived behind biglots..
Only reason he was at Burns is cause momma worked there...
When she got let go..she took him out and took to Shelby.
Mitchell is best friend and wanted to play beside him...

shelbyfan1,
With than line of thinking, Dax Hollifield and Jack should have been at KM? That’s the district they live in.

Would you agree?

shelbyfan1,
With than line of thinking, Dax Hollifield and Jack should have been at KM? That’s the district they live in.

Would you agree?
Maybe Forestview verses KM, since the merger lines, if they are still in the area I think they use to stay. I know its right near the lines. You have some kings mountain address kids assigned to forestview, Bessemer City and I believe also Cherryville depending on what part of KM they stay in on the Gaston county side.

I can see why a player would go to a certain school because of their parent teaching there, that's common sense! Never had a problem with Bess because of his mom or Hollifields because of their Dad. But Micthell lives in the same development as Landon Hoyle, I'm sure you know that Shelby1. What if every football player in the county wanted to go to Shelby??

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT