ADVERTISEMENT

2AA Western Final: Burns @ Shelby

Bottom line is that there is no such thing as pride anymore. Alot of the transferring is all about looking out for #1. Either chasing a ring or a scholarship. I guess that's just how the world has changed. I myself is once a Bulldog always a Bulldog. Maddog Pride!!

I stand by what I said earlier this year.

Consolidate Burns and KM and then Crest and Shelby and this argument will be over and Cleveland County will be unstoppable. The rest of the state would just stop playing football.

Shelby folks be honest would you all have won it without the 2 burns transfers? Im not one of these boo hoo we lost guys type of fans and dont wanna debate the transfer issue but just curious on your take. Both players went off in the playoffs.
Absolutely! Ruff can throw it and is an elite athlete, period. Up until this season, he was always a quarterback. Mitchell gets more pub, and he’s deserving of his praise, great all around player, but in my opinion, Daley was the better pure receiver.

Reactions: Lawn12Dog
I can see why a player would go to a certain school because of their parent teaching there, that's common sense! Never had a problem with Bess because of his mom or Hollifields because of their Dad. But Micthell lives in the same development as Landon Hoyle, I'm sure you know that Shelby1. What if every football player in the county wanted to go to Shelby??
If the school isn't full, every top player from the county can transfer there, burns ,crest or KM if they wanted to.

Bottom line is that there is no such thing as pride anymore. Alot of the transferring is all about looking out for #1. Either chasing a ring or a scholarship. I guess that's just how the world has changed. I myself is once a Bulldog always a Bulldog. Maddog Pride!!
Pride doesn't equate to a better opportunity.
Ex. When Shelby was run heavy, I was told by a coach that Marquise Williams was about to move to Charlotte (at that time) so that he could play in a more pass oriented offense. You have to look out for #1 sometimes if it helps in the long run. I am currently dual state living because of an opportunity my kid had to transfer to a SC school that I call the free IMG. The opportunities,trainings and academics was perfect for us. Had to look out for my #1 though

Freshman, you answered my question to a Tee! That's why I love Bo Pryor! He would be the star on any county team but chose to stay and play with kids he grew up with. I'm sure his family would wanted him to play at Shelby since his dad was a stud there but had enough pride to stay. Say what you want, spin it anyway you want, tell it anyway you want but bottom line is 99% of the time they are ring chasers!

Absolutely! Ruff can throw it and is an elite athlete, period. Up until this season, he was always a quarterback. Mitchell gets more pub, and he’s deserving of his praise, great all around player, but in my opinion, Daley was the better pure receiver.
you guys actually may have been more dominant LA.

you guys actually may have been more dominant LA.

So both Pryor and Ruff would have played at Shelby? That's too much on one team, might as well schedule Byrnes and Butler for a non conference game if that was the case.

Freshman, you answered my question to a Tee! That's why I love Bo Pryor! He would be the star on any county team but chose to stay and play with kids he grew up with. I'm sure his family would wanted him to play at Shelby since his dad was a stud there but had enough pride to stay. Say what you want, spin it anyway you want, tell it anyway you want but bottom line is 99% of the time they are ring chasers!
Oh,no spin coming from me. I'll ask you this, how many transfers or transfer hopefuls have you talked to? Over the years,I have talked to some from 3 different counties and currently see and talk to many at my kids new school(from NC,SC,GA). I have had 1 tell me over the years that they wanted to transfer to win a ring and that person wouldn't have been on the 2nd team depth chart if he did transfer. Most I have talked to, it was for the offense or felt that they would get more exposure at a certain school verses another(dont believe the saying if you are good enough they will find you,some programs coaches are called by college coaches to see if they have someone they should have on their radar). What I'm seeing at my kids new school is that people are coming for the coaching in all sports, me included.

Oh,no spin coming from me. I'll ask you this, how many transfers or transfer hopefuls have you talked to? Over the years,I have talked to some from 3 different counties and currently see and talk to many at my kids new school(from NC,SC,GA). I have had 1 tell me over the years that they wanted to transfer to win a ring and that person wouldn't have been on the 2nd team depth chart if he did transfer. Most I have talked to, it was for the offense or felt that they would get more exposure at a certain school verses another(dont believe the saying if you are good enough they will find you,some programs coaches are called by college coaches to see if they have someone they should have on their radar). What I'm seeing at my kids new school is that people are coming for the coaching in all sports, me included.

Ok but on the other side of that coin, if you're a quarterback with height and a good arm, or a receiver, why would you stay at a school that runs 95% of the time.

Reactions: shelbyfan1
Speak of transfers..pretty bad theses days when schools offer housing and promise kids where there sent to collage...
In my earlier post i never said im ok with kids transferring in and out..
Matter of fact im not a fan of it.

Justafan56. Hollifields dad has worked at Shelby since day one of them being there...why wouldn't they wanna be where there dad is coaching and teaching.

Speak of transfers..pretty bad theses days when schools offer housing and promise kids where there sent to collage...
In my earlier post i never said im ok with kids transferring in and out..
Matter of fact im not a fan of it.

Justafan56. Hollifields dad has worked at Shelby since day one of them being there...why wouldn't they wanna be where there dad is coaching and teaching.
Didn’t read the previous posts, but I watched Dax play against and with my son dating back to elementary school, in the Shelby City Park Football League. They played against each other in Pee Wee football, and became teammates in the Midget League. They also played Traveling Basketball together beginning in the 5th grade.

Reactions: shelbyfan1
Ok but on the other side of that coin, if you're a quarterback with height and a good arm, or a receiver, why would you stay at a school that runs 95% of the time.
I dont know if that was meant for me in the response,but I agree. That's what I said in earlier post about Williams leaving Shelby to head to Charlotte school was best for him. I think you should go where you are a fit and what works best in your favor in getting exposure and showcasing talent to get some or all of your school paid. I'm all for better opportunities ,my kid is at Legion Collegiate Academy.

Coach transfers: thanks for everything buddy!
Kid transfers: It’s no loyalty these days!
College debt is real and i be damned if my kid is stuck in a trash can and miss out on good opportunities for the sake of being loyal to a school!

Coach transfers: thanks for everything buddy!
Kid transfers: It’s no loyalty these days!
College debt is real and i be damned if my kid is stuck in a trash can and miss out on good opportunities for the sake of being loyal to a school!
I think people stuck on the loyalty issue may have a typical high school athlete kid. They contribute to the team in their sport, may have a great high school career but will not be playing at the next level. The athletes and families that have the potential to play at the next level from JR college to D1 know its a competitive world. You are not just competiting against your area for a spot ,you are in competition against the whole country for a spot.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT