ADVERTISEMENT

2AA Western Final: Burns @ Shelby

Congratulations Shelby...was just a better team tonight, the penalties at the end of the half killed us, if we had scored at the end of the half, could have been a different game. I thought we would give them a better game but we will be back stronger than ever. I thought it was really cool that many Burns students and fans including me surprised the team upon their arrival back at Burns after the game. It was planned, win or lose, I’m sure it meant a lot to them even in defeat.

My take on game...1st off, hats off off to Burns on fine season.
I thought from start Shelbys offense was 2-3 steps faster then Burns D.. Shelby o-line blocked well.
Bess did great job to avoid sacks by getting rid of ball.Hats off to coaches on great play calling.
Loved the ground and pound and wildcat.plus the short screen passes.
As for our D. Pryor still got 160 but man he's a gamer..
I thought our D line played great M.Hamrick couldnt be stopped, and. #95 Flack was just unreal up front.
SHELBY just really scored at will at times...
No turnover for us was great game for us.
On to state...

I thought from start Shelbys offense was 2-3 steps faster then Burns D.. Shelby o-line blocked well.
Bess did great job to avoid sacks by getting rid of ball.Hats off to coaches on great play calling.
I thought our D line played great M.Hamrick couldnt be stopped, and. #95 Flack was just unreal up front.
On to state...
No turnovers! atta boy!

On to state...
A great game plan by the coaches tonight.Both sides of the ball did a fantastic job as did the special teams.A near perfect game against a very good Burns team.Congrats to the Bulldogs for a great year.On to Wake for the Golden Lions.

A great game plan by the coaches tonight.Both sides of the ball did a fantastic job as did the special teams.A near perfect game against a very good Burns team.Congrats to the Bulldogs for a great year.On to Wake for the Golden Lions.
Congratulation Golden Lions- you were the better team last night- and good luck next week- it will be easy for you. Dogs- exceptional year- we are proud as can be- this is the start of solid years to come. We were one win away from big one. Last week was the western final for 2 very good teams and we won that. Shelby is not a very good high school team, they are unusually exceptional. I think they could win 3-a and possibly 4-a titles. They definitely brought their A game last night.

Like most BULL DOG FANS you have your facts all wrong for one thing KM didn't not get to practice on TURF before the game because our field was not ready that why the game was played at GW.
I know your field was not ready- I know why the game was at GW for that reason. We were told- KM came over to GW and practiced that week. If that’s not true, forgive my assumption. Km was in another category this year- dominated most teams- except for the 2 that mattered most. You can always say you beat the 2-AA champ this year. We did that last year. Last night was a toss up for y’all. It takes a great team and luck to win it all....unless you are Shelby- they always seem to have a little more. Congratulations on a successful year- from your misinformed Burns neighbor. MOST KM FANS seem always to be angry and disappointed.

Shelby is not a very good high school team, they are unusually exceptional. I think they could win 3-a and possibly 4-a titles. They definitely brought their A game last night.

Thanks for the compliment! It is fun being a Golden Lion. We are so proud of our program.

The 4A posters dog us and say we play pop warner ball but they know we could hang with all of them.

We did bring our A game last night. Probably the best game we played all season. Congrats to Burns on a great season.

Good game Burns, even though the score was by a wide margin. EVERYBODY ELSE in 2A/2AA(except maybe Salisbury, we'll find out) would have had a running clock in the 2nd half. The game was closer than the score. Even North Lincoln would have been toast with that pass defense.

Shelby is not a very good high school team, they are unusually exceptional. I think they could win 3-a and possibly 4-a titles. They definitely brought their A game last night.

Ok you bug league fans are always over the top. The would get knocked out first round in 4A/4AA playoffs. Got murdered by Kings Mountain. They ducked scheduling Vance who might win the 4AA next week. Vance would have shut Shelby out with that mega monster defense. Just because you're the biggest bug in the ecosystem doesn't mean you can fight off a snake or predatory bird.

Reactions: Lawn12Dog
Ok you bug league fans are always over the top. The would get knocked out first round in 4A/4AA playoffs. Got murdered by Kings Mountain. They ducked scheduling Vance who might win the 4AA next week. Vance would have shut Shelby out with that mega monster defense. Just because you're the biggest bug in the ecosystem doesn't mean you can fight off a snake or predatory bird.
Put 51 up on the No.1 seed in 3a, put up 59 on AC who only lost to KM by 7 In the 3rd round of the 3a playoffs. But you right we only can beat 2a schools

Put 51 up on the No.1 seed in 3a, put up 59 on AC who only lost to KM by 7 In the 3rd round of the 3a playoffs. But you right we only can beat 2a schools

yes, you can beat weak badly coached 3A school or a non playoff caliber 4A school.

Play up to 3A and you end up two games better than WRH was in 2A this year.

I'm outta town and didn't get to see the game. Still proud of an awesome season for the Dogs.

OK, Shelby, go bring another championship home to Cleveland County!

How this one could very well go friday....

giphy.gif

This more described the KM/Catholic game

Reactions: beamer24
Woulda Coulda Shoulda you're playing the guessing game Chopper you like to speculate you have no clue what we would really do you just playing a guessing game

And both of them will be watching us play next sat

Speaking of bigger schools. It's a good thing you Shelby kittens decided last minute that you didn't want the smoke from Vance. After seeing what they did to the toughest bracket in the state(especially to Mallard Creek and RC), I'd say you all dodged a missile. Keep ducking the 'power 4 conference' up the road.

Speaking of bigger schools. It's a good thing you Shelby kittens decided last minute that you didn't want the smoke from Vance. After seeing what they did to the toughest bracket in the state(especially to Mallard Creek and RC), I'd say you all dodged a missile. Keep ducking the 'power 4 conference' up the road.

Do you have any clue as to what happened with this or are you just ASSuming you know?

Burns and KM had close(enough) to 900 and one kept it close and the other murdered you.

Kings Mountain - 1143
Crest - 1137
Burns - 947
Shelby - 827

Kept it close? Taking a knee at the goal line isn't close. Neither is 42-14.

Murdered? 42-17 is murdered? And keeping it close? Kings Mountain played a perfect game. Shelby played, literally, their worst game of the year. I'd play that game again in a heartbeat and if Shelby plays like they did Friday the outcome is completely different.

I wanna think you have football smarts but then you post things like you do....smh.

Like I said on the other thread, Shelby was just too good. Our QBs inability to throw any kind of short passes hurt the run game. The defensive line was very tough and only gave up a few big runs for Pryor. Anytime we brought pressure the Shelby QB got the ball out quickly with some zip. The two best players on the field were the former Burns guys and they looked very good. Just out of curiosity, who would be taking the snaps if Bess stayed at Burns or transferred somewhere else like mom implied this summer? Who is the next guy for next season? I dont see Shelby having a close one in the Ship, congrats on another good season.

Like I said on the other thread, Shelby was just too good. Our QBs inability to throw any kind of short passes hurt the run game. The defensive line was very tough and only gave up a few big runs for Pryor. Anytime we brought pressure the Shelby QB got the ball out quickly with some zip. The two best players on the field were the former Burns guys and they looked very good. Just out of curiosity, who would be taking the snaps if Bess stayed at Burns or transferred somewhere else like mom implied this summer? Who is the next guy for next season? I dont see Shelby having a close one in the Ship, congrats on another good season.
Crest’s best player, Tim Ruff, would have been Shelby’s quarterback, and he would have been one of the best dual threat quarterbacks in Cleveland County’s history. His primary reason for transferring to Crest was to play quarterback, but ended up playing “athlete” anyway, now he’s a college prospect with Duke among others looking at him.

Crest’s best player, Tim Ruff, would have been Shelby’s quarterback, and he would have been one of the best dual threat quarterbacks in Cleveland County’s history. His primary reason for transferring to Crest was to play quarterback, but ended up playing “athlete” anyway, now he’s a college prospect with Duke among others looking at him.
https://247sports.com/player/tj-ruff-46094610/

I got to deal with Ruff when he was in elementary school and he was such a good young man. Absolutely loved the kid. Had he stayed at Shelby, they could have been even scarier. Glad he is having much success still

As for who is next in line, we’re in trouble at that position, unless someone transfers in, takes advantage of Bess’ departure.

Not sure on Burns either after Sweezy is done. I believe the Mauney kid will be next in line if Im not mistaken
And, i agree 100 percent on your analysis on that position, throws a good deep ball, but is very erratic, otherwise. Leslie, Twitty, Degree, Setzer, Wells, etc., was as capable as any receiving core in the County. Burns had those players at its disposal, if the passing game was stronger.

Reactions: The_Rev921
https://247sports.com/player/tj-ruff-46094610/
The Crest coach must be the dumbest coach by not having Ruff as the qb. DUMB, DUMB

The Crest coach must be the dumbest coach by not having Ruff as the qb. DUMB, DUMB
It would have been interesting, no doubt, but look at what he did as an athlete. He did major damage as a runningback, receiver, kick off/punt returner, db, and some quarterback. Not saying you're wrong, but Crest definitely maximized his talents.

Kings Mountain - 1143
Crest - 1137
Burns - 947
Shelby - 827

Kept it close? Taking a knee at the goal line isn't close. Neither is 42-14.

Murdered? 42-17 is murdered? And keeping it close? Kings Mountain played a perfect game. Shelby played, literally, their worst game of the year. I'd play that game again in a heartbeat and if Shelby plays like they did Friday the outcome is completely different.

I wanna think you have football smarts but then you post things like you do....smh.

I sit correct

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT