ADVERTISEMENT

2AA Western Final: Burns @ Shelby

Does anybody know if 2 teams from same conference or county ever met in a regional final?

Congrats to both Teams and Cleveland county. I’m sure this one will be epic! I have not seen Burns yet but considering their wins and close loss to Shelby.... Burns has to be great!

I can’t speak on Shelby for their entire season; but, I have watched Shelby in the last two playoff games.
Shelby’s team is visually magnificent! Big, Tall Men at every position! Studs everywhere! It’s incredible! Athleticism just oozes all over the field! Good Gawd! I think I gained a step just by being near them!...and I’m old! They are the epitome of football State Champions! I say all this in sincerity as an attempt to maintain Shelby’s self esteem before I cut ‘em to quick!
I wanted to wait so that y’all could enjoy your win but this is serious and needs attention! If you are going to represent all of the 2aa Westerners, and I think you will, we gotta get this fixed pronto!

Shelby puts that ball on the ground! At times....like toddlers with a hot potato! It’s comical! I shudder to think what would happen if you gave them a dozen eggs....or a birthday cake ....or an urn with Uncle Grandpa’s ashes ....or for heavens sake! A newborn baby! Just imagine......poor little Junior at grammar school with those mean-spirited, Shepard’s for the Devil, calling him “Can’t Get Right”..... when all of them know he was dropped on his head.
Focus!....And hold onto the ball!!!...for yourselves, Cleveland county, West side 2aa, and poor little Jr. .....and go win the whole darn thing!

Sad part is its only been happening the last few games....we pretty much all year have held on to ball..im not sure whats going on with fumbles and pentlys....
Hope we work it out this week

I could not be happier for Coach Devine , Coach Cog and all the Dogs to have this opportunity. Both called one heck of a game. Sweezy has shown he can throw the long ball and this can pose a problem for defenses. I think this one goes down to the wire Friday night! GO Dogs!

How this one could very well go friday....

giphy.gif

It’s hard beating a good tell twice, but I think Shelby will prevail. Same formula, contain Pryor, don’t give him the home run, and even though, Sweezy is a capable passer, you want him under duress as much as possible. Pin your ears back, and send the dogs at him. Blitz him heavily, forcing him into making ill advised throws. Offensively, I would like to see Shelby commit to the running game more. Burns couldn’t do anything with Phillips in the second half of the first game.

Reactions: blkgolddynasty
Now, who does the other Cleveland County Brothers who don't have a dog in the fight pull for?...Truly a house divided. I've got a father who went to Shelby and a sister who went to Burns and yes I did graduate from Crest...we're a very unique family. My brain says Shelby wins. Heart tells me Burns. Either way, I'll be happy for either one, best of luck. As long as one of the team's brings the championship back to Cleveland County, I'll be proud.

And who ever loses, don't hate your brothers, you've both had exceptional seasons. I know it's hard to swallow, but this will be a game (hopefully) that will be talked about for years. Line them up and let's see. Leave it all out on the field. Congrats to both!

Is it or me, or is this game not getting as much attention as it should? Is it because everyone is tired of Shelby?

I assumed we would have well over 6 pages of posts by now. Maybe its mutual respect from the two teams.

Reactions: notanyonesfan
Is it or me, or is this game not getting as much attention as it should? Is it because everyone is tired of Shelby?

I assumed we would have well over 6 pages of posts by now. Maybe its mutual respect from the two teams.
Most of ‘em still on the Hate thread arguing with Reidsville! Tape measures coming out next!
Poor atheists can’t get a word in!

Reactions: Frank Lost Password
I think the Burns crowd is still catching our breaths from this past Friday nite.

BTW.....no arguing.....It is an open and shut case. Can't argue with facts. People try to, but we are always there so set the record straight.

Burns for sure comes in as the underdog but Coach D will devise a great gameplan......I cant think of a better stage for him...Left Burns, came back, won coach of the year in his first year back, had a couple of rebuilding years and now coaches against his former team for a chance to go to the Championship. Cleveland County football at its best !

I mean I have the most respect for Shelby and whether Burns wins or goes home I will be at wake forest to support either team. Shelby has rightfully so earned being the favorite in this game. Truth is truth, and I think we’re aware of that.

I wouldn’t ever bet against Shelby in the playoffs, but I also ain’t going to bet against my Dogs. I think a lot was left on the field in October and that’s in the back of their head! We’re most definitely the underdog and the boys will most definitely have to play a stellar game come Friday night. I just ain’t one to make a prediction for this game yet...I don’t reckon.

No way I make a prediction either Bulldog.Do I think Shelby is the favorite,absolutely.Do I think Burns has a chance of winning,without a doubt I do.I believe so many factors will effect this game and the biggest being emotion.The team that can control their emotions and stay under control has the best chance of winning.This game will be a roller coaster.Congrats to Burns for making it to the Western 2AA Championship and for Shelby your were we expect the Lions to be every year.

This game scares me ! These two are evenly matched and it’s going to be a great ball game that could go either way

both will have to play their very best to win and I think who ever makes the least amount of mistakes moves on

going to be a slobber knocker

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT