ADVERTISEMENT

2AA Western Final: Burns @ Shelby

This is Shelby's 14th out of the last 17 Western Finals since 2003 and 9 of the last 10.

It is great to be a Lions fan and we are thankful for the previous generations that built this great program!
This says a lot about the fan base and coaching! The ability to keep these kids engaged has to be a concern. How do they get those boys fired up...when most teams they play are beaten easily year after year! Semi final and Final...year after year! Especially, with all the distractions of a modern day teenager!

you gotta Respect that!

whew! That hurt!....but I had to say it!

Reactions: notanyonesfan
Burns and Shelby posters in the thread.... shameful

464df8f375f21c86cdd3c29b0df2754b.jpg

people too afraid to have shots fired... shelby should be used to such a thing I would think. OK that may get it going!
Im afraid to say too much due to hurting a bunch of folks feelings on the last Shelby thread so now we all just love each other. :)....ah the good ole days of Rulz, Hitman, Seadog and even daBombdropper......Speaking of Hitman where is he? I know the status of the other legends.

Last edited:
You are right the game against KM was never CLOSE. KM 42 SHELBY 17. Neither was THE BURNS GAME 34 to 6 if I remember correctly. KM won both games by a total of 76 to 23. [ENOUGHT SAID]
Thanks for reminding me of the Burns / KM score again back in August Mountie. I had completely forgotten what it was. Congrats on that 3rd place conference seeding.

Burns and Shelby posters in the thread.... shameful

464df8f375f21c86cdd3c29b0df2754b.jpg

I would say it has a little something to do with respect towards Shelby, but I think to be truthful Shelby didn’t want to see Burns. Some have stated that and others never would. The Dogs was the last thing they wanted to see coming to Shelby tomorrow night.

No let's talk more this season.....friday night at 10 break down the mounties loss to CC for me as I will be tuned in to burns / shelby.
Trying to be nice but ..... what does a KM poster give a rip about this thread. We all know KM beat Burns and Shelby soundly- but they let Huss and Crest push them out of playing in the playoffs on their “over the top for a high school”-plush new field. The irony is too sweet. I’m sorry -but I believe KM folks are the only ones that care about KM, especially ever since the school systems merged- KM takes care of KM- and the rest are thrown leftovers.

Trying to be nice but ..... what does a KM poster give a rip about this thread. We all know KM beat Burns and Shelby soundly- but they let Huss and Crest push them out of playing in the playoffs on their “over the top for a high school”-plush new field. The irony is too sweet. I’m sorry -but I believe KM folks are the only ones that care about KM, especially ever since the school systems merged- KM takes care of KM- and the rest are thrown leftovers.
The highlight of the season for Mountie was besting us in week one ... congrats MP on the W. It was August and it was hot is about all I remember. :)

The highlight of the season for Mountie was besting us in week one ... congrats MP on the W. It was August and it was hot is about all I remember. :)
And it was close at half- time, and all I remember is leaving wondering who else KM had playing on their team besides pysour/ great kid- seems he ran it, threw it and even threw it and went out and caught it at the same time. I also believe they practiced during the week on that Astro turf, which most of the Burns players had never seen and that makes a difference- anybody who has ever played football knows that. Nothing went Burns way that night- seemed like we were not in sinc at all- sometimes it’s like that. So much of this is sheer luck. Oh- and let’s not forget 3 years ago when the dogs came to KM and beat them good- on a night when Burns could do no wrong and KM, though picked to win, had everything -not- go their way /including losing their QB to injury. It’s amazing what these kids pull off.

Reactions: Lawn12Dog
And it was close at half- time, and all I remember is leaving wondering who else KM had playing on their team besides pysour/ great kid- seems he ran it, threw it and even threw it and went out and caught it at the same time. I also believe they practiced during the week on that Astro turf, which most of the Burns players had never seen and that makes a difference- anybody who has ever played football knows that. Nothing went Burns way that night- seemed like we were not in sinc at all- sometimes it’s like that. So much of this is sheer luck. Oh- and let’s not forget 3 years ago when the dogs came to KM and beat them good- on a night when Burns could do no wrong and KM, though picked to win, had everything -not- go their way /including losing their QB to injury. It’s amazing what these kids pull off.
Oh yes I remember that win very well. Coach Devines first signature win. BJ Hopper made the best catch I have ever seen at any level when he stretched out for an over thrown ball and hauled it in - in the endzone for a TD.....anyway The Dogs are similar underdogs tomorrow night so let's hope for the same result bud.

Im afraid to say too much due to hurting a bunch of folks feelings on the last Shelby thread so now we all just love each other. :)....ah the good ole days of Rulz, Hitman, Seadog and even daBombdropper......Speaking of Hitman where is he? I know the status of the other legends.
He is still out there and still comes to most all the games.One day he will post again.

Like most BULL DOG FANS you have your facts all wrong for one thing KM didn't not get to practice on TURF before the game because our field was not ready that why the game was played at GW.

Last edited:
It’s on beetches! It’s on like Donkey Kong! If you can’t get up for this one then you don’t even need to step on the field. Both teams, bring it! Bring it for 48 minutes! Leave nothing in the tank! You’ll remember this for the rest of your lives.

With what's on the line tonight, I'd say this has to be the biggest game ever in Cleveland County... I may be wrong but I really think it is

Reactions: burnsfan9
With what's on the line tonight, I'd say this has to be the biggest game ever in Cleveland County... I may be wrong but I really think it is

Has to be the biggest game in Cleveland county high school football history. There have been some big games before, even state championships in the 80s, but none pitted two Cleveland county teams against each other with a state championship trip on the line.

The American Legion world series is a huge sporting event for the county but this ranks right there with it if not even higher.

May the best team win.

I was here at 515 and there was already about 200 people standing in line waiting for the gates to open.. Burns side is 80% full already and it's only 550

Anybody wanna come say hello.. I'm top corner on the Burns side.. Scoreboard side.. Light blue sleeves Panthers beanie! Just say Adam.. I'm standing

Go shelby!! We may have got beat last week pretty bad because of lack of athletes but it isn't looking too good for Burns. Last week 21-7 at the half; this week 28-7 at the half

Burns just has no answer for Shelby's offense.. It'll take 3 stops for Burns now at a minimum & a flawless offense... I just don't see it unfortunately

Reactions: blkgolddynasty
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT