ADVERTISEMENT

South Point @ Crest

Yea he coached in 2 finals, a nice way to say runner up twice. He's made it there but won nothing. Crest latest success was putting a RB/FB at QB. Running wildcat in a popwarner style fashion. When y'all had a great QB in Willie Green who never truly displayed his talents. Thats why he had to go to prep school for a year. Not due grades he had a 4.0 but your popwarner system didnt give the kid a chance. To display his talents, lucky Southern Miss saw the athlete in him. On the other hand it hurt Haribison once he got to UVA. They wanted to make him a FB. Lol wildcat, wing-t these HS coaches systems can kill a kids recruiting. Especially from the offense side of the ball

http://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/wil...EWg/gendersport/football-stats.htm#year=15-16

If only they showcased Willie more at Crest.

There is a way to do both. When you have a college level talented kid , play him where he best helps the team. But showcase hIm at other positions he might play at the next level against easy wins. Get him film, when you can, at a position he projects to. In Willie Green's case, throw it like an mfer against the scrubs to showcase his talent and get it on film!
Exactly, sometimes teams might need a talented kid at another position. But if you know he's projected at next level different position. Get him film, I seen guys be great H.S RB's. But at the next level he's a projected slot wr. But has no film to justify a scholarship at WR. Schools need to stop using kids up just for wins. Or the parents if they can recognize that need to move to a better fit for there child.

Those stats dont tell the whole story. How many of those yards were shovel passes or bubble screens. If those were legit QB yards, showing he could make all the big throws. I know a team who threw for 3500yds last year. QB got praised like a GOD but 3000 of those yds were Y.A.C yards. So if that stat line was him being showcased. He would have never to prep school. So save it brother y'all failed that kid

Those stats dont tell the whole story. How many of those yards were shovel passes or bubble screens. If those were legit QB yards, showing he could make all the big throws. I know a team who threw for 3500yds last year. QB got praised like a GOD but 3000 of those yds were Y.A.C yards. So if that stat line was him being showcased. He would have never to prep school. So save it brother y'all failed that kid

Legit QB yards? So Will Grier wasn't showcased in high school?

Did Grier have to go to prep school? Plus Grier's father put him in every QB showcase Nike, Rivals, etc to display he could make all the big throws

Grier was way more talented than Greene so he had a scholarship to Florida and not a walk on offer to Southern Miss.

Clark showcased Greene so much in 2015 till he almost cost Crest a state championship until the championship game and he turned loose Tre!

When showcasing cost the good of the team and the other 70 players on the team it is an issue! You showcase by sending film making phone calls and with recuiting relationships nit by padding stats!

Tre is Tre its not anyone on a high school coaching staffs fualt that a coaching change at the college that he picked changed the offensive package to a spread from a pro style!

Clark showcased Greene so much in 2015 till he almost cost Crest a state championship until the championship game and he turned loose Tre!

When showcasing cost the good of the team and the other 70 players on the team it is an issue! You showcase by sending film making phone calls and with recuiting relationships nit by padding stats!

Tre is Tre its not anyone on a high school coaching staffs fualt that a coaching change at the college that he picked changed the offensive package to a spread from a pro style!
I hear you man but thats my take on it. I have nothing against Crest, I just feel their to athletic. To play that style of ball.

Just to clarify RichBlackMans ignorant statement that Crest coaches did not showcase Willie Green therefore he had to do a 1 yr stint at a prep school before moving on to Southern Miss.
Willie Green played 2 seasons at Crest and graduated as the all time leading passer in Crest history. I would say there was plenty of tape for coaches to make a recruiting decision)
Dumbazz.

Just to clarify RichBlackMans ignorant statement that Crest coaches did not showcase Willie Green therefore he had to do a 1 yr stint at a prep school before moving on to Southern Miss.
Willie Green played 2 seasons at Crest and graduated as the all time leading passer in Crest history. I would say there was plenty of tape for coaches to make a recruiting decision)
Dumbazz.
If they had plenty of film why'd he go to prep school. Answer: Cause the film he had was wildcat backyard ball. It didnt show he could read a defense,other than throw a 9 route. To be a D1 QB you have to show film were you. Can make all the throws. 9 route, shovel pass ,bubbles. Will only get on the a teddy bear prize at the Cleveland county fair. Step right up 3 trys for $1.

Reactions: seadog28
If they had plenty of film why'd he go to prep school. Answer: Cause the film he had was wildcat backyard ball. It didnt show he could read a defense,other than throw a 9 route. To be a D1 QB you have to show film were you. Can make all the throws. 9 route, shovel pass ,bubbles. Will only get on the a teddy bear prize at the Cleveland county fair. Step right up 3 trys for $1.

Bring it Rich! These crampers are as soft headed as a mop!

Reactions: RichBlackman
Well so much for that.

Crest vs South Point can continue.
So much for what the truth. Nothing about your offense showed he could read a defense. Will Grier is who you compared him to. The biggest difference between Green and Grier. Was Chad Grier he was a great teacher and coach who always showcased his QB's. Just like his QB now Sam Hartman a Wake Forest commit. He isn't wasting Hartmans talents with a popwarner wildcat. Willie Green got away from your program and caught D1 coaches eyes. Guess what he can read a defense. The question is will Haribison be able to play RB . 7 yds deep instead of just direct snaps at QB.

Rich, remember who you're arguing with. In Cleveland County, they think urinal cakes are breath mints.

Reactions: HardCorps82
So much for what the truth. Nothing about your offense showed he could read a defense. Will Grier is who you compared him to. The biggest difference between Green and Grier. Was Chad Grier he was a great teacher and coach who always showcased his QB's. Just like his QB now Sam Hartman a Wake Forest commit. He isn't wasting Hartmans talents with a popwarner wildcat. Willie Green got away from your program and caught D1 coaches eyes. Guess what he can read a defense. The question is will Haribison be able to play RB . 7 yds deep instead of just direct snaps at QB.

You already spread nonsense about Greene and Harbison will ignoring what happene and then pumped out something absurd about real yards. You don't know have a clue. Like I said back to Crest and South Point before you mumble something else incorrect.

Well hell, since us crest fans recruited Green in the first place you'd think his father who played in the NFL would be HIGHLY PISSED OFF that his son wasn't showcased properly...I would go as far as saying that he would have sent Green somewhere else instead of Crest!

So why did he stay at Crest? I mean you said it yourself smartazz. Harbison should have played for the CREEK MOFO!!! Wooo!!! So why not GO THEN!

Well hell, since us crest fans recruited Green in the first place you'd think his father who played in the NFL would be HIGHLY PISSED OFF that his son wasn't showcased properly...I would go as far as saying that he would have sent Green somewhere else instead of Crest!

So why did he stay at Crest? I mean you said it yourself smartazz. Harbison should have played for the CREEK MOFO!!! Wooo!!! So why not GO THEN!
He stayed for the small town pat on the back, I guess. He didn't have to share carries. Look man they stayed y'all won. You have Cleveland county bragging rights. All that small town glory turned him into a fullback at UVA. Crest will always have the trophies in the case to reflect on.

Richblackman- you need to go suck a wal ......NUT. You make absolutely no sense. Take your $$$ and leave town. WTF

Richblackman- you need to go suck a wal ......NUT. You make absolutely no sense. Take your $$$ and leave town. WTF
Hey man why are crest guys so sensitive? Y'all have everything going for you. Y'all are a winning program with a popwarner offense. You wear those "sweet" yellow and green packer uniforms. With a school named after the best selling toothpaste of all-time. What more could you ask for?

Anyway.

South Point has young talent coming up? Talking middle school or guys that backed up on varsity last season?

Anyway.

South Point has young talent coming up? Talking middle school or guys that backed up on varsity last season?

A lot of both, 02. Our freshman and sophomore classes are loaded, and the core group of juniors and seniors are talented and battle tested. The complete opposite of Ralphy's gloom and doom prediction of a few years ago.

A lot of both, 02. Our freshman and sophomore classes are loaded, and the core group of juniors and seniors are talented and battle tested. The complete opposite of Ralphy's gloom and doom prediction of a few years ago.
I would say we better get you this year but you have all your starters back and we have 8.

Think a few will go on to play college ball? I know it is early but with some kids you can just tell.

I also think the Red Midgets are just stinkin great! Parents in the gazette whining about gas and driving further for conference games newsflash blame Stuart Cramer not the state!!

Last edited:
Think a few will go on to play college ball? I know it is early but with some kids you can just tell.

Most definitely, Phillip Davis and Matthew Robinson just to name 2 seniors. As usual, we are still pretty much "no name" across the board, but our talent level and depth are up and climbing. Mickey ran off a few that are now back. I don't know if that is good or bad, but has elevated our numbers.

Reactions: crestcharger02
Most definitely, Phillip Davis and Matthew Robinson just to name 2 seniors. As usual, we are still pretty much "no name" across the board, but our talent level and depth are up and climbing. Mickey ran off a few that are now back. I don't know if that is good or bad, but has elevated our numbers.

Sometimes they just need a kick in the butt.

I also think the Red Midgets are just stinkin great! Parents in the gazette whining about gas and driving further for conference games newsflash blame Stuart Cramer not the state!!

Look nobody wants to play Rutherford County schools...every 20 years or so RS or East has a decent team. Heck East almost beat Shelby for a state appearance in 05' I think? With that being said...I don't know if it's because of the purple storm or not but SP should pay their dues like everyone else...I remember traveling to watauga and Alexander Central...it sucks oh well so sad too bad.

Reactions: Crestuff
State could have put SP and Shelby in the Lincolnton county conference but it don't matter we will handle our business this year.

Look nobody wants to play Rutherford County schools...every 20 years or so RS or East has a decent team. Heck East almost beat Shelby for a state appearance in 05' I think? With that being said...I don't know if it's because of the purple storm or not but SP should pay their dues like everyone else...I remember traveling to watauga and Alexander Central...it sucks oh well so sad too bad.
East beat Shelby in the regular season that year and Shelby returned the favor in the playoffs and went on and won the State Championship.They were for sure the best team we played in 2005.

Staff should have showcased him to be taller.
Willie was a great one but he was 5'11" in shoes....thats why he didn't get the big D1 offers. How many 5'11" qbs do you see in D1A? Ignore this idiot.....I'm done with him. He's just trying to dog our program for one specific reason and it's not hard to figure out. X him out

Last edited:
Reactions: crestcharger02
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT