ADVERTISEMENT

South Point @ Crest

Ball game Crest scored OF COURSE

Man I just think you have to give yourself a chance to win.... 2 minutes to go, punting to THAT offense that you havent came close to stopping in two and half quarters... and you punt hoping to stop them???????

Hey they played hard though, and congrats to the Chargers for pulling it out.....

SP has talent but it is young talent. Young talent needs time to develop. I think SP will be okay over the next couple of years.

I also think that Crest can not make the mistake that it made in its first game with SP last season and just completely abandon their running game. I think SP will be motivated to play, the plan will be to keep the Crest offense on the sidelines while they milk the clock. I expect SP to gamble more on 4th down to keep possessions going. Crest has the better team but I believe this game could be a little closer than some are predicting if SP is able to move the ball.
🙄

• Haha
Reactions: Chopper747
this Crest team is fun to watch/ listen too... When that offense gets rollin good Lord it is something else...

I figured South Point would give them some fits but also thought (See few posts back) if they got two stops in second half they win, and they did...

Outstanding ball game between two dang good teams.... Fun fun stuff.....

Man I love high school football.....

Kinda wonder what the total yards where for both teams it looked like 1200 total 🤪

Typical SP game. I swear. They always play their absolute best game of the season against us. Thankfully this year . We have the offense to answer back. Defense stepped up when they had to. Only allowed 14 pts. In the second half.

Congratulations Crest you guys showed heart after being down 34 - 14. Other than the interception, SP didn’t stop Crest all night. Good luck the rest of the way Chargers but without some defense I can’t see y’all winning it all this year.
After SP loses to KM next week, I don’t think they deserve a playoff spot.

What an amazing game !!! It really was a dog fight and Crest fought from behind and made the 2 nd half adjustments and got the HARD EARNED win. Crest’s offense is truly the greatest show on terf …

Reactions: beamer24
Congratulations Crest you guys showed heart after being down 34 - 14. Other than the interception, SP didn’t stop Crest all night. Good luck the rest of the way Chargers but without some defense I can’t see y’all winning it all this year.
After SP loses to KM next week, I don’t think they deserve a playoff spot.
You guys will definitely get a spot because your RPI will be good playing Crest and KM. Probably get Dudley in the 1st rd😂

A team with absolutely no defense doesn’t deserve a playoff spot IMO.
The Charlotte Christian game was the same, scored enough just no defense.

Good game. Our defense was absolutely horrible in the first half. We've never been able to stop the SP offense, and tonight was no different. Thank God we don't see another one like it. SP played hard, give them credit. QB played great and made good decisions. RB was a tank and hard to bring down. Credit to our kids for not quitting and finally getting a few stops. If we can just get our defense to play average I like our chances. Good luck the rest of the way to the Red Raiders!

Ball game Crest scored OF COURSE

Man I just think you have to give yourself a chance to win.... 2 minutes to go, punting to THAT offense that you havent came close to stopping in two and half quarters... and you punt hoping to stop them???????

Hey they played hard though, and congrats to the Chargers for pulling it out.....
SL
The punt on 4th and 16 was very questionable.
You haven’t stopped this offense all night
We score it’s a two score game with a TD
Give yourself a chance to win with 2 minutes left.
Very strange call by SP HC

Last edited:
Great offensive game. The redbone in full force again. Glad we got the win but I’ll still have redbone nightmares! I’d love to see the time of possession for the game if anyone has it.

SP won the time of possession battle along with the turnover battle. They just didn’t win the war.

It was pretty obvious a few minutes into the third, who would win the game. It’s nearly impossible to blow a 21 point lead and still win the game.

SP hoped to win. Crest expected they would win.

Game was a lot closer than I expected. I should know by now that we always give Crest a game. I agree SpRedRaider we'll be fine and the next couple years are going to be solid. We just have to get better every week and keep playing hard.

Good game. Our defense was absolutely horrible in the first half. We've never been able to stop the SP offense, and tonight was no different. Thank God we don't see another one like it. SP played hard, give them credit. QB played great and made good decisions. RB was a tank and hard to bring down. Credit to our kids for not quitting and finally getting a few stops. If we can just get our defense to play average I like our chances. Good luck the rest of the way to the Red Raiders!
Bottom line is we’ve had 6 games to learn how to play average run defense. What else can be done?

The first half defense was pathetic. I’m not hating I’m simply stating facts.

Let’s be real. It was a joke.

I’ll have to agree with you Rulz. Crest defense is a joke.
But that joke isn’t as funny as the SP joke. I’m still laughing. How can you score seven touchdowns and lose? How can you give up a three touchdown lead? How can a defense be that bad? How do you not go for it on 4th & 16 on your own 7 yd line with two minutes to go only down 6 points? No doubt the better team won but dang SP had their chances. Just didn’t capitalize. See y’all next year in Belmont. Maybe by then the D will be better, from both teams.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT