ADVERTISEMENT

South Point @ Crest

I’ll have to agree with you Rulz. Crest defense is a joke.
But that joke isn’t as funny as the SP joke. I’m still laughing. How can you score seven touchdowns and lose? How can you give up a three touchdown lead? How can a defense be that bad? How do you not go for it on 4th & 16 on your own 7 yd line with two minutes to go only down 6 points? No doubt the better team won but dang SP had their chances. Just didn’t capitalize. See y’all next year in Belmont. Maybe by then the D will be better, from both teams.
I get your point but that offense we have in it’s on way is unusual like SP’s to some teams. Who has five legitimate receivers? Add Tater to that and points will always be there.

There was never any doubt that we would score all we wanted.

But, at some point you need your defense to have a pulse. I mean if we just play the first half like they did in the second half then that will work.

But we didn’t

College offense. Hope and pray defense. Some will get mad at me. IDC. I’m happy with the program, the coaching, the kids , the atmosphere, and all that.

But strictly talking football. You knew that game was coming 2 weeks ago at Ashbrook. Then get 35 dropped on you in the first half.

SP waged war on our defensive ends. They were constantly getting caught inside and not stringing it out.

A win is a win. I’m happy and it’s on to the romper room until KM and that defense. Then we’ll all find out.

Last edited:
Reactions: BIGSAUSAGES
I get your point but that offense we have in it’s on way is unusual like SP’s to some teams. Who has five legitimate receivers? Add Tater to that and points will always be there.

There was never any doubt that we would score all we wanted.

But, at some point you need your defense to have a pulse. I mean if we just play the first half like they did in the second half then that will work.

But we didn’t

College offense. Hope and pray defense. Some will get mad at me. IDC. I’m happy with the program, the coaching, the kids , the atmosphere, and all that.

But strictly talking football. You knew that game was coming 2 weeks ago at Ashbrook. Then get 35 dropped on you in the first half.

SP waged war on out defensive ends. They were constantly getting caught inside and not stringing it out.

A win is a win. I’m happy and it’s on to the romper room until KM and that defense. Then we’ll all find out.
How many times did SP throw it?

This game brings out the absolute best in both teams. After watching SP open with a 6 minute drive, I would of said you were crazy that Crest could put 61 on the board. 3 rushing TD''s each for Carson and Tate.

Down 21 and simply storming back against SP was amazing That’s sort of unreal really.
Eerily similar to a Friday two years ago wasn’t it ;)

You’re the other team ! You’re up by 21 but you have got to wonder “when are they coming back” and boom next Thing you know you are losing

That sucks cause you know it’s coming ha ha

Reactions: crestrulz
I sat on the SP side with the grandpa's of LB #54 Kincaid and former SP 4-5 star Notre Dame recruit Sullivan Ashber. They've been around Crest vs SP games for many many years. They said the Crest defense was pitiful and couldn't believe how bad it was when the score was 35-14. They also couldn't believe SP lost lol. What a hell of a game.
BTW i think I heard Ashber’s grandpa say he was redshirting this year.

Reactions: Fatguyfootball
I would really love to hear what the coaches were saying about the way the defense line was playing during the game …. I have went back and watched the plays that I filmed and I’m sure the coaches are furious…. It was a mess (but we saw that 😂) I’m thinking this is not on the coaches .. I feel like it’s players falling for the eye candy … no way a coaching staff put players into those situations…. I feel like the stops that were made were more to do with the team listening and doing what they were told and not just out there doing what they saw.
Nonetheless it was incredible to watch unfold and I’m still cringing at Crest’s defense performance 😂😂😂

Bottom line is we’ve had 6 games to learn how to play average run defense. What else can be done?

The first half defense was pathetic. I’m not hating I’m simply stating facts.

Let’s be real. It was a joke.
The defense best game was the Gaffney game and has gotten worse every week! This want be popular but we got some kids playing where they wanna play and not where the need to play for this defense to be successful.

Also …. Please…Please.. Crest quit kicking extra points (or tryin to ) and just go for 2…. Someone in Charger nation teach a kid to kick the football.
South point guys tell us about your kicker cause that kid is a STUD 😳 WoW

The defense best game was the Gaffney game and has gotten worse every week! This want be popular but we got some kids playing where they wanna play and not where the need to play for this defense to be successful.
Crest was always known for their defense … maybe y’all need to put actual crest kids back there and see if that helps … all the other teams kids on that side of the ball seem to not be helping much LOL

Hey it’s worth a shot 🤪

3A looks stout

3A RANKINGSWLTRATINGSS
1Seventy-First500152.323
2Crest500148.68
3Dudley500147.976
4Northern Nash500147.033
5Kings Mountain500145.319
6West Charlotte500144.72

Reactions: beamer24
Also …. Please…Please.. Crest quit kicking extra points (or tryin to ) and just go for 2…. Someone in Charger nation teach a kid to kick the football.
The first kicker we used made 3 in a row then we got penalties before pat and missed..then we switched kickers and things got worse 😂 should have stuck with first kicker

Crest was always known for their defense … maybe y’all need to put actual crest kids back there and see if that helps … all the other teams kids on that side of the ball seem to not be helping much LOL

Hey it’s worth a shot 🤪
Lol good one Crest defense sucks and Devine gonna Coach circles around Barney at season end 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: Shelby Lion
Lol good one Crest defense sucks and Devine gonna Coach circles around Barney at season end 😂😂
yeah may happen ;}

Still though it’s gotta suck knowing the Chargers have one of if not the most explosive offenses in the state yet will be sitting home with the rest of the county watching the state title games on the NFHS network lol

i think our biggest problem on D is we try to react instead of attack. I think we should take more risk. We don't fly to the ball. We don't have a headhunter. The one thing i noticed. On the occasions we stopped SP. The defense had emotion. They need to walk on the field with that emotion. We're gonna rip your head off additude

Birtwhistle, or legatron as I call him, is a great kid. He's going to NC State as a preferred walk on and he hopes to be the kickoff guy as he knows he still needs work on field goals. That is per his dad.

Still though it’s gotta suck knowing the Chargers have one of if not the most explosive offenses in the state yet will be sitting home with the rest of the county watching the state title games on the NFHS network lol
[/QUOTE]
I was joking around last night saying that either team that scored should onside kick and try to create extra possession for themselves 😂

Legatron is a great nickname.

Question I have is, are there any JV kids with promise that could give a shot on defense?

I sat on the SP side with the grandpa's of LB #54 Kincaid and former SP 4-5 star Notre Dame recruit Sullivan Ashber. They've been around Crest vs SP games for many many years. They said the Crest defense was pitiful and couldn't believe how bad it was when the score was 35-14. They also couldn't believe SP lost lol. What a hell of a game.
BTW i think I heard Ashber’s grandpa say he was redshirting this year.
He should. Get as much time as he can get. He’s lucky he gets to play for a HOF OL coach in Rudolph. Best in college.

Reactions: NC Joker
Legatron is a great nickname.

Question I have is, are there any JV kids with promise that could give a shot on defense?
The JV defense is really good. But very young. Not sure if they would be ready. 2 DL are our OL guards too. One hasn’t played any snaps on D. The other very little.

SP is hard to defend for crest. Always been that way the games I’ve seen. Our D can do enough for regular offenses to win; with our offense. We still may see SP again though. But if a team wants to beat crest they will have to score 65+

Crest might beat KM but I don’t expect they will score anything near 65. I think that game will be as close as the Crust SP game. Just a lot lower scoring.

Reactions: NC Joker
Crest defense would look better against the best traditional offense in the world than an average option offense.

I dont see any team stopping the Crest offense, so all they need is a couple of stops.

Crest loses in only 2 ways IMHO turning the ball over or being in a shootout where missing extra points cost them!

My concern is them having a turnover filled night and getting in a hole. Being down 2+ scores is a different animal in the playoffs.

Reactions: beamer24
Neither one of these teams will beat Dudley
I Hope Magic GIF by Nika Stewart

Crest defense would look better against the best traditional offense in the world than an average option offense.

I dont see any team stopping the Crest offense, so all they need is a couple of stops.

Crest loses in only 2 ways IMHO turning the ball over or being in a shootout where missing extra points cost them!
From what I have seen THE MIGHTY CREST DEFENSE has not LOOKED good against ANY OFFENSE given up 29 point per GAME.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT